SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

Well, the good news is that Warsofsky was drafted in the 4th round. He's a defenseman who is 5'8" tall, so I guess size may not be as big of a factor as I thought it would be.

That being said, I wish they'd draft players faster.

I also would like to add how surprising it is to see just how many Americans play in MJ. I thought MJ was supposedly Canadian?

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett Hextall gets drafted in the 6th Round #159 overall by Phoenix.

Didn't expect him to get drafted, but then again, I didn't expect Bruneteau to get drafted either.

LOCAL UPDATE: Jeffery Foss, who plays for RPI, is a Fargo, ND native and got drafted by Nashville in the 6th Round.

Round 7 beginning.

So far, Sioux recruits yet available:

Andrew MacWilliam (I think)

Joe Gleason

Mike Cichy

I have no inside information so I have no clue if they'll be drafted at all.

------------------------------------------------

Goon- Interesting Wild Stat:

They made 4 selections this draft (don't recall if they traded away their 7th round pick) and they selected a grand total of ONE forward, a Finn in the fifth round. What's up with that?

7th Round in the books:

Andrew MacWilliam goes to Toronto #188 overall

Joe Gleason goes to Chicago #192 overall.

Cichy goes undrafted.

Kind of surprised Carle, Roe, and Condon went so low. I would have thought they'd go higher than they did.

Kind of surprised Carle, Roe, and Condon went so low. I would have thought they'd go higher than they did.

Did you not hear about David Carle? Here's the story. So sad.

EDIT: Nice gesture by the Tampa Bay Lightning. :silly:

With its final pick, 203rd overall, Tampa Bay took defenseman David Carle. An interesting choice since Carle, the brother of San Joses's Matt Carle, withdrew from the draft after being diagnosed with a heart condition. But general manager Jay Feaster said prospective new owner Oren Koules knows the family and the diagnosis might not be as severe as first believed. Besides Koules said, "The kid worked his whole life to be drafted in the NHL, and I don't see a reason he shouldn't be."

Kristo still needs to graduate high school, so that's a pretty simple answer to the "why isn't he coming this fall" question.

Some kids accelerate, he decided not to.

To be more accurate, somewhere along the way, Kristo was held back a grade. He is a June, 90, compared to Fienhage, who is a May 90 bday.

Aaron Ness was held back a grade at some point as well (May 90 bday) - he "accelerated" his studies to get back to where he should be. Kristo could have done the same thing.

Jordan Schroeder is the kid who will be coming to college "early" - he will be draft eligible next year.

Don't expect to see Kristo at UND more than 2 years - this is why it would have been nice to see him at UND this year.

To be more accurate, somewhere along the way, Kristo was held back a grade. He is a June, 90, compared to Fienhage, who is a May 90 bday.

Aaron Ness was held back a grade at some point as well (May 90 bday) - he "accelerated" his studies to get back to where he should be. Kristo could have done the same thing.

Jordan Schroeder is the kid who will be coming to college "early" - he will be draft eligible next year.

Don't expect to see Kristo at UND more than 2 years - this is why it would have been nice to see him at UND this year.

Was he held back a grade, or did he just start school a year later than others his age? Not uncommon thing to do. I want to be clear because when you say someone was held back a grade to me there's a connotation along with that.

Was he held back a grade, or did he just start school a year later than others his age? Not uncommon thing to do. I want to be clear because when you say someone was held back a grade to me there's a connotation along with that.

I know many people who have the opportunity to send their kids to kindergarten at age 5 but elect to wait a year and send him or her to school at age 6.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were dead on dagies.

I know many people who have the opportunity to send their kids to kindergarten at age 5 but elect to wait a year and send him or her to school at age 6.

That's what I did. Well, technically I entered kindergarten when I was 5.75 yo, but same thing. :silly:

Yes - that is the best explaination. It's too bad he didn't decide to do what Ness did.

I guess my overall point was that I wish he was coming this year. I'd rather have him be a three years vs. two.

Somewhat off topic, but in that article, they talk about Hextall needing to improve his skating.

How does one do that?

Might be a tough question to ask, but I've wondered...

if i am not mistaken, it would most likely involve taking out any inefficient movements. making his form more "crisp", i guess. it will take time, but there is definitely a textbook form to everything.

Somewhat off topic, but in that article, they talk about Hextall needing to improve his skating.

How does one do that?

Just look at Bochenski. He came to UND as a Butt Ugly skater and left just an Ugly skater...

How does one do that?

Burggraf Skating Skills. Frank Burggraf has worked with many pros and many pro teams. He works on long strides and edges. It helped Mike Commodore and many others. The Blackhawks sent a number of players a few years ago and Northeastern did as well. Jason Blake still shows up at his pro camps.