SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of the logic, you still didn't address his second point regarding some (most?) Sioux fans being hypocrites; Woog's teams were endlessly ripped for not winning the big one but generally coming close. Now the Sioux, who were the clear-cut No. 1 team in the nation back in October and are obviously red-hot right now, have recently done very well during the regular season and league playoffs (though they haven

Gregoire with a hat trick last night in Lincoln's 5-4 SO loss to Omaha. He had 9 shots on goal and was a +2, the only thing he didn't do was score during the shootout.

finehage also had 1 assist in indianas win, blood just had a couple of penalty minutes

macwilliam and camrose are tied 1-1 in best of 7 2nd rd series. he has 1 assist in the win

eidsness and his team are down 2-0 in best of 7 series

http://ajhl.ca/sidebar/pamco-jiro-service-...ff-information/

hextall and his team is up 2-1 in best of 7 series. 3 goals in 3 games so far

http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/latest_score...3&link=BCHL

ushl friday night

finehage, 2 pim in loss friday

blood, 4 pim friday in loss friday

gregoire, 2 goals in friday win

cichy, no points in friday loss

lamoureux, 1 goal in friday loss

brunteneau, 1 goal in friday loss

fink, played in friday win

AJHL playoffs

eidsness and okotoks are down 3-1 in best of 7 series. game 5 tonight.

macwilliam and camrose are tied 2-2 in their series and play game 5 tonight.

BCHL PLAYOFFS

hextall and penticton up 3-1 in their series and play game 5 tonight, 1 goal in game 3 win and 1 goal, 1 assist in game 4 loss

ushl friday/sat night

finehage, 2 pim in loss friday, 2 pim saturday

blood, 4 pim friday in loss friday, 1 goal saturday

gregoire, 2 goals in friday win, 1 goal in sat loss

cichy, no points in friday loss, goal and assist in sat loss

lamoureux, 1 goal in friday loss, nothing sat in loss

brunteneau, 1 goal in friday loss, 2 asissts saturday win

fink, played in friday win, no points sat

AJHL playoffs

eidsness and okotoks are down 3-1 in best of 7 series. game 5 tonight. eidsness and team loses sat night to end season

macwilliam and camrose are tied 2-2 in their series and play game 5 tonight. camrose wins sat night to go up 3-2 in series

BCHL PLAYOFFS

hextall and penticton up 3-1 in their series and play game 5 tonight, 1 goal in game 3 win and 1 goal, 1 assist in game 4 loss, penticton loses sat night and is up 3-2 in series.hextall assisted on only goal sat in the loss

David Toews and his mates are playing in Bismarck against the Bobcats tonight and Sunday afternoon. I am taking the opportunity to see him tonight.

I believe David got hurt his first shift out (clean hit along the boards), knee . . . . not sure how serious?

I believe David got hurt his first shift out (clean hit along the boards), knee . . . . not sure how serious?

That is correct. He was grimacing in pain as he went to the bench, and appeared to be rubbing either his right hip or leg. He tried to get back on the ice about 6 minutes later, but took just a couple of strides, returned to the bench, and then went to the locker room. He didn't come back the rest of the game.

i know this gets talked about often, but im bored and still have a while before i leave for the ralph, so here is what i have for next years team...

Goalies...

Aaron Walski, Sr

Brad Eidsness, Fr

Landon Snider, So ?

Defense...

Chay Genoway, Jr (should wear a letter the next two seasons)

Derrick LaPoint, So

Jake Marto, So

Zach Jones, Jr

Joe Finley, Sr (95% gone)

Taylor Chorney, Sr (99% gone)

Ben Blood, Fr

Andrew MacWilliam, Fr

Joe Gleason, Fr

*assuming the two potential seniors leave, do they bring in three frosh defensemen, and have seven to battle for the six spots? no emergency backups like radke anymore to toss in if any injuries, and as shown this weekend, marto and genoway transition up front fairly well, which is why i think there will be 7

Forwards...

Ryan Duncan, Sr (75% gone if he gets a good offer, but would love to see him with the "c" next year)

TJ Oshie, Sr (99.9% gone, but we can dream :angry: )

Ryan Martens, Sr

Andrew Kozek, Sr

Darcy Zajac, Jr

Brad Miller, Sr

Brent Davidson, So

Michael Forney, redshirt So?? don't know what to think here

Evan Trupp, So

Matt Watkins, Sr

Matt Frattin, So

Brad Malone, So

Chris VandeVelde, Jr (20% he goes, but i see him as a force wearing a letter)

Jason Gregoire, Fr

Brett Hextall, Fr

Brett Bruneteau, Fr

*if we're lucky enough to keep Duncs, that is a ton of senior leadership up front and 15 guys fighting for 12 spots if forney is back healthy and in the mix. In my opinion, it is one too many, but I can't see any of the three frosh deferring, especially considering the 2009 class. Obviously you make exceptions for guys like osh and duncs, but i just don't know.

any thoughts??

i know this gets talked about often, but im bored and still have a while before i leave for the ralph, so here is what i have for next years team...

Goalies...

Aaron Walski, Sr

Brad Eidsness, Fr

Landon Snider, So ?

Defense...

Derrick LaPoint, So

Jake Marto, So

Zach Jones, Jr

Ben Blood, Fr

Andrew MacWilliam, Fr

Joe Gleason, Fr

*assuming the two potential seniors leave, do they bring in three frosh defensemen, and have seven to battle for the six spots? no emergency backups like radke anymore to toss in if any injuries, and as shown this weekend, marto and genoway transition up front fairly well, which is why i think there will be 7

Forwards...

Ryan Duncan, Sr (75% gone if he gets a good offer, but would love to see him with the "c" next year)

TJ Oshie, Sr (99.9% gone, but we can dream ;) )

Ryan Martens, Sr

Andrew Kozek, Sr

Darcy Zajac, Jr

Brad Miller, Sr

Brent Davidson, So

Evan Trupp, So

Matt Watkins, Sr

Matt Frattin, So

Brad Malone, So

Jason Gregoire, Fr

Brett Hextall, Fr

Brett Bruneteau, Fr

*if we're lucky enough to keep Duncs, that is a ton of senior leadership up front and 15 guys fighting for 12 spots if forney is back healthy and in the mix. In my opinion, it is one too many, but I can't see any of the three frosh deferring, especially considering the 2009 class. Obviously you make exceptions for guys like osh and duncs, but i just don't know.

any thoughts??

Duncan will NOT be back. He should have a few NHL teams bidding over him. He made a good impression in The Blues' camp, and they are still short of decent scoring forward prospects in their organisation. I think he got a good impression of The Blues' management and what Davidson and Checketts are doing there. I think T.J, is also giving them a favourable report. My gut feeling is that 2-3 other teams will make him offers, allowing the Blues' offer to be high enough that Ryan will sign with them.

That is correct. He was grimacing in pain as he went to the bench, and appeared to be rubbing either his right hip or leg. He tried to get back on the ice about 6 minutes later, but took just a couple of strides, returned to the bench, and then went to the locker room. He didn't come back the rest of the game.

I went to the game on Sunday as well and talked to someone from Shattuck. Toews is expected out 2-6 weeks. Will see a surgeon when they get back to MN. They are going to nationals April 2nd so are hoping it's not too bad and he will be able to skate. Haven't been able to find any more info.

Goalies...

Aaron Walski, Sr

Brad Eidsness, Fr

Landon Snider, So ?

Defense...

Derrick LaPoint, So

Jake Marto, So

Zach Jones, Jr

Ben Blood, Fr

Andrew MacWilliam, Fr

Joe Gleason, Fr

Forwards...

TJ Oshie, Sr (99.9% gone, but we can dream ;) )

Ryan Martens, Sr

Andrew Kozek, Sr

Darcy Zajac, Jr

Brad Miller, Sr

Brent Davidson, So

Evan Trupp, So

Matt Watkins, Sr

Matt Frattin, So

Brad Malone, So

Jason Gregoire, Fr

Brett Hextall, Fr

Brett Bruneteau, Fr

any thoughts??

You can add Toews, Cichy and Lamoureux to your freshman class because I can't see any of these three not coming next year. Also, it sure seems like we should add a D-man or two for next year. I would like Gleason and Fienhage to wait until 09 which would leave us with only 6 on the roster for next year. Maybe a couple recruited walk-ons.

Kozek is an Atlanta prospect right? You would have to think that if they offered, that Kozek might realize that next year he might not have the set up guys around to help him get opportunities to let that wrister go....

I have always liked the way Kozek played and knew he would find his scoring touch at some point, now that he has had a good season, it might be too much of a good offer for him to pass up. This goes for alot of the guys I think if TJ and Duncan go, this group of juniors might be set up like dominoes, if one or two go, then more will follow. We can only hope that the NHL will not try to steal too many of the boys.

Sign what?

Your cap?

A new lease?

As much as I like Kozek's wrister, I don't see him signing an NHL contract in 2008.

like 95% of college players that get signed he would be in the AHL not the NHL for 2-3 years before he gets his shot. he very well could be gone after this season along with the others. NHL teams are more than likely to sign most kids that they drafted in the first 2-4 rounds after their 3rd year so they dont risk losing them as a free agent after their 4th year.

I have always liked the way Kozek played and knew he would find his scoring touch at some point, now that he has had a good season, it might be too much of a good offer for him to pass up.

I don't know that I'd classify 16-3-19 as either finding his "scoring touch" or a good season. I wish the best for Andrew, but I think he'll have another season at UND to find the touch. The AHL is littered with guys who scored more in college than he has, and they're not getting a sniff of the NHL.

I don't know that I'd classify 16-3-19 as either finding his "scoring touch" or a good season. I wish the best for Andrew, but I think he'll have another season at UND to find the touch. The AHL is littered with guys who scored more in college than he has, and they're not getting a sniff of the NHL.

i agree and hope he does come back but who knows these days right, seems there are a few surpises every off season in the wcha

he doesn't dominate this year in the WCHA. why would moving on now help him? I think most of his 16 goals this year are the product of his linemates.

i think we know there is more to it than dominating the wcha. its what atlanta wants out of him. they may want him in the system next season and not mess with the possibility of losing him as a free agent. there are just so many factors to why they sign when they sign behind the scenes. does it always make sense? no way but i have thought he was a 50/50 guy to leave after this season back in november.