SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

edina beats holy angels 6-2. gleason moves on. mattson loses.

eastview and finehage gets beat by woodbury 5-2.

USHL

blood - played friday in 2-1 win, 1 assist in win saturday

gregoire - 1 assist in fridays 3-2 loss, HATTRICK saturday in 5-2 win - 1 point behind for league scoring leader

cichy - 1 goal in 3-2 win friday, no points saturday

lamoureux - 1 goal, 1 assist in 3-2 win friday, 1 assist in 2-1 loss saturday

fink - didnt play friday, 1 assist in 3-2 won saturday

BCHL

hextall, no points friday in 3-1 loss, 1 goal in 6-3 saturday win

AJHL

eidsness - saturday nigth win over macwilliam and camrose - record to 29-4-4......

Awesome to see our guys doing well. I have said it before but will say it again. Watch out for Gregoire, I have seen him play a few times and followed him pretty closely. He will be a very good player!!

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome to see our guys doing well. I have said it before but will say it again. Watch out for Gregoire, I have seen him play a few times and followed him pretty closely. He will be a very good player!!

seems like a similar player to vandevelde, big body with offensive potential. in the sioux post game today, they were talking about vv being the most improved player in the wcha this year, which i agree with, and talking about his impact his next two seasons... lets hope they are right and we see him wearing the "c" in two years.

The only reason the RLR rankings are the way they are and the reason that Ohio State is ranked so high is because I believe they only use the draft eligible players that are coming in. For the Sioux that would exclude Eidsness, Gregoire, Hextall, Lamoureux, Blood, Bruneteau etc. So I don't put much weight into those rankings. I will wait for the preseason rankings in August or September. I don't expect Ohio State to be anywhere near 2nd place at that point.

Why are so many players coming in considered undraftable? Is it their age ? That is the only thing I can see that would cause them to be undraftable.

Why are so many players coming in considered undraftable? Is it their age ? That is the only thing I can see that would cause them to be undraftable.

Not undraftable... Already drafted and therefore not considered (except Hextall and Lamoureux). Also Blood is NOT a stay at home defenseman. The Sioux easily have the best class in the nation. If you recall the pundits claimed that UNDs class was second to Minnesota's in 2005... Oops...

Not undraftable... Already drafted and therefore not considered (except Hextall and Lamoureux). Also Blood is NOT a stay at home defenseman. The Sioux easily have the best class in the nation. If you recall the pundits claimed that UNDs class was second to Minnesota's in 2005... Oops...

Blood's game may not have been a stay at home type in juniors and high school, but that is yet to be determined at the college level.

Some D-men's games don't translate the same from juniors or high school to college.

David is going to be awesome!! Can't wait to see him at the Ralph! Seems like he is just a step behind his bro. Not too bad eh??

yeah i love when people ask about him and everyone says..well hes not as good as his brother :D ya think? jonny is being compared to some of the all time greats so thats not a bad thing if you arent as good as jonny :D he will be a damn good player though!

yeah i love when people ask about him and everyone says..well hes not as good as his brother :D ya think? jonny is being compared to some of the all time greats so thats not a bad thing if you arent as good as jonny :D he will be a damn good player though!

Absolutely, nothing against Trupp, Frattin, Malone.....but right now put Gregoire, Toews and Cichy on a line and I think those guys would run circles around our current third line. Good omen for the future!!

Absolutely, nothing against Trupp, Frattin, Malone.....but right now put Gregoire, Toews and Cichy on a line and I think those guys would run circles around our current third line. Good omen for the future!!

Keep in mind that the coaches chose to bring in Frattin this year rather than Gregoire, so they evidently thought he would help more this year, whether that was due to injury and a short season last year by Gregoire, only the coaches can say. While I think they will do well, skating circles around people as a freshman is a tall order and it is a crapshoot who will adjust right away.

(2) Burnsville vs. (1) Edina, 8:00 PM

gleason our only high school guy left in the mix

also i see roseau plays moorhead tonight at the mini ralph, nice. roseau has beaten moorhead 7-2 and 4-0 this season in their undefeated quest

the nice thing about DT is that he will be more likely to stay for 3 yrs than jon was. trupp can fit in with those three, frattin will be another kozek imo. i see malone as more of a VV type i hope. the 08 team will be deep.

Here is what I could find courtesy of tsn.ca and the shattuck site regarding stats of some players of interest while at shattuck (year, games, goals, assists and points).

Parise 7/28/84:

'02, 63, 73 101, 174 ---------- '01, 68, 82 77, 159

Crosby 8/7/87:

'03, 57, 72 90, 162

Murray 8/17/84:

'02, 65, 58 84, 142

Stafford 10/30/85:

'03, 60, 47 69, 116

J. Toews 4/29/88:

'05, 64, 48 62, 110

Okposo 4/16/88:

05', 65, 47 45, 92

D. Toews 6/7/90:

'08, 50, 44 56, 100 (season in progress) ------ '07, 61, 34 47, 81

Sorry, I couldn't find any Duncan stats from his time at Shattuck.

Ice add big defenseman

Division-leading Indiana Ice announced today that defenseman Corey Fienhage (finn-ah-gee) has joined the team for the remainder of the regular season and playoffs.

Fienhage was one of the Ice's Future Picks last fall and just completed his senior season at Eastview High School in Apple Valley, MN where he recorded 20 points (6G, 14A) in 27 games. He is also one of ten finalists for "Mr. Hockey", the award given to the top high school player in the state of Minnesota.

(2) Burnsville vs. (1) Edina, 8:00 PM

gleason our only high school guy left in the mix

also i see roseau plays moorhead tonight at the mini ralph, nice. roseau has beaten moorhead 7-2 and 4-0 this season in their undefeated quest

Didn't get a score, but was told that Roseau won big.