SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

Uncommitted Goalies

Eric Ferber-Bay State Breakers-Played well at 2006 Select 15 Festival. Four straight shutouts at Swift Current rookie camp.

Jeff Teglia-Chicago Mission-Very athletic goalie. Quick movements and can make acrobatic saves.

Justin Farrell-Shattuck-St. Mary's-One of the top goalies in his age group. Moved to Shattuck from New Jersey.

Kyle Washer-Detroit Honeybaked-3-time selection for US Select Festivals.

Corey Morbeck-Wisconsin AAA-Impressive performance at 2006 Select 15 Festival.

Trent Caspar-Eagan(MN HS)-Invited to Select 15 Festival. Stand-up goalie.

Ok guys. I watch kids only a couple of times a year so I'm pretty selective about who I suggest. Corey has been on my radar for a year or two. Check out some old posts, i.e., Corndog. Get this kid while you can. He is definitely starting to create some smoke out there.

Just to add to this. His younger brother Trevor is an even bigger talent. This could be another brother, brother combination.

Trevor combined with St. Croix out of Winnipeg would be an amazing combo. These guys are still very young but you have to put the bug in their ear, particularly St. Croix or you'll lose them to Canadian Juniors.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone interested, you can watch Danny Mattson on FSN North tommorow night at 7. His team, Holy Angels, plays at Stillwater. This is the last time that one of our high school recruits will be on the FSN North schedule this year, except for the playoffs that is. Out of the fowards coming in for 2009, he is my favorite to watch and has the most upside.

Tyler Lapic is a forward, that's all I know. Wrong thread? Damn! 2nd time I've been wrong. First time was when I thought I was wrong, turned out I wasn't!

If you make two wrongs, I believe that equals 1 right... I remember my parents saying something like that.

For anyone interested, you can watch Danny Mattson on FSN North tommorow night at 7. His team, Holy Angels, plays at Stillwater. This is the last time that one of our high school recruits will be on the FSN North schedule this year, except for the playoffs that is. Out of the fowards coming in for 2009, he is my favorite to watch and has the most upside.

Don't forget about Kristo.

toews up to 90 points through 44 games. stepan is next at 75 points

shattuck

friday recruits

USHL

fink, didnt play friday. may be sick

gregoire, played after getting hit in face with puck last weekend

blood, 4 PIM friday

cichy, 1 goal friday and a fighting major :D 9 PIM

lamoureux, 4 PIM friday

BCHL

hextall, 1 goal and 1 assist in 6-2 loss friday

AJHL

eidsness stops 40 of 44 shots and get a OT loss.

toews up to 90 points through 44 games. stepan is next at 75 points

shattuck

friday recruits

USHL

fink, didnt play friday or saturday. may be sick

gregoire, played after getting hit in face with puck last weekend, 1 assist saturday in 4-1 loss

blood, 4 PIM friday, 1 assist in win saturday

cichy, 1 goal friday and a fighting major :lol: 9 PIM, 1 goal in saturday loss

lamoureux, 4 PIM friday, 4 PIM saturday

BCHL

hextall, 1 goal and 1 assist in 6-2 loss friday, 1 goal in 3-2 loss saturday

AJHL

eidsness stops 40 of 44 shots and get a OT loss. stopped 35 of 37 shots in a 4-2 win improving record and stats to - 27-3-4, 2.08 gaa, .936 sv%

macwilliam - 1 assist in saturday win

Danny Mattson is going to be an immediate impact player when he arrives at UND. For anyone that hasn't seen him play and lives in the cities, he is worth the time to watch.

if you can, what former or current player would you compare him to. size, skills ect...thanks a lot

will he play his senior year at high school or move on to juniors or usa team?

stats for nick mattson and danny kristo

so we have 3 players in the post season in minny high school?

danny mattson - AHA - tied for 6th in highs chool scoring with 69 points

gleason - Edina

finehage - Eastview

so does the winner of each section then make it to the state tourney or is there automatic qualifiers as well as i would assume? thanks for any help

so we have 3 players in the post season in minny high school?

danny mattson - AHA - tied for 6th in highs chool scoring with 69 points

gleason - Edina

finehage - Eastview

so does the winner of each section then make it to the state tourney or is there automatic qualifiers as well as i would assume? thanks for any help

All of our recruits play on Thursday night. Here are the brackets

Section 2AA,

http://bp1.blogger.com/_gB9z7bAoSf8/R7iKbO...2AA+Bracket.PNG

Section 3AA,

http://bp2.blogger.com/_gB9z7bAoSf8/R7iNoe...3AA+Bracket.PNG

Man Bloomington Kennedy is 0-25 OUCH!!! Hard to believe

Not really when you know the demorgraphics of the area. It's now a very high minority area and I'm assuming school and as we all have seen, hockey doesn't tend to have a lot of minorities playing.

Man Bloomington Kennedy is 0-25 OUCH!!! Hard to believe

(At risk of this detonating in my face ... )

Look at today's Fargo South hockey roster.

If it was 2011, per the boundaries, most of those kids would be going to Fargo's (UND graduate-->) Judge Ronald Davies High School.

Um, he's from Bemidji. They haven't exactly been in position to make state in awhile. :D

moved when i was 10 and only lived my summers there through college so didnt get into it with no tv for it out in az growing up. never attended bemidji high either, just all my friends did ;)

thanks for the info!