SiouxSports.com Forum

FSSN Schedule

siouxguyinstpaul

There is a possibility for the FSSN to be on Direct TV. Since DTV does carry both WDAZ AND WDAY there should be no reason why the Sioux Hockey games aren't on WDAZ. People that WANT to watch the Friday and Saturday night programming can do so on WDAY.

WDAZ gets greater advertising.

I'm pretty sure that the WDAZ management would go for this so it must be held up in the network headquarters. Perhaps if more Sioux fans asked for this we'd get it.

So for those of us that have DirecTV, are we screwed as far as TV goes? The webcast of games that was free last year will cost $ this year right?

As far as directv goes you should at least be able to pick up the away series at MN Wisc and Denver. The Fox Sports Net Regional networks usually have those 3 series. Hopefully CSTV picks up a few UND games also. Home games will be harder to come by. And I do believe they are charging for the webcast this year.

As far as directv goes you should at least be able to pick up the away series at MN Wisc and Denver. The Fox Sports Net Regional networks usually have those 3 series. Hopefully CSTV picks up a few UND games also. Home games will be harder to come by. And I do believe they are charging for the webcast this year.

after a year of FREE sioux hockey on the net last season i am more than happy to pay up for webcasts for sure. we will get gophers/badgers,du and probably 2 or 3 others that will either be on cstv or espnu, the others that i dont webcast it for will be bar games at rtosullivans!! go sioux

There is a possibility for the FSSN to be on Direct TV. Since DTV does carry both WDAZ AND WDAY there should be no reason why the Sioux Hockey games aren't on WDAZ

That wont happen because of network commitments. They can't just pre-empt it for Directv as cable & OTA get the same feed. And most areas don't get both DAY & DAZ. ABC would have a coronary if DAZ keeps pre-empting programming (they already have a coronary when WDIO in Duluth pre-empts for Bulldogs hockey)

Want to see the games? get a free to air system. Thats the easiest way besides going to the games :lol:

Had mine for 4 years now and LOVE it... :D

• Downvote 1

It will never happen because the FSSN is a part time channel that is only up for games. Unless they ever go 24/7 forget it.

Want to see the games? get a free to air system. Thats the easiest way besides going to the games :lol:

Umm, you didn't read the rest of the comments. Perhaps I should have said Hockey games carried by FSSN.

It will never happen because the FSSN is a part time channel that is only up for games. Unless they ever go 24/7 forget it.

or go to the bar that has this system, friken great to watch sioux hockey with other fans every weekend!!

the first official schedule of FSSN broadcasts I saw was in mid August last year. However, seeing as they've always done home games, I think the more important question is if they are again broadcasting this season on FTA. I'd be completely crushed if not and I'm not trying to start a rumor to that effect. I just think we are super lucky to have satellite feeds at all.

As far as DirecTV or Dish, the Gopher games should be on as well as the Wisconsin series. You can usually count a Denver game also. Those, plus 2 or 3 games that may be picked up on ESPNU and CSTV--thats about it. (The FTA is the way to go. in addition to all the home games, the picture quality is FAR superior than any (standard definition) feed I've gotten on Dish, DirectV, or cable. must have something to do with the compression--or lack of....and I think its a native digital signal.....Iceberg?

Any idea how much $$ a bar/restaurant has to pay to carry the games....say a place with capacity around 75? I've inquired to FSSN without a reply.

the first official schedule of FSSN broadcasts I saw was in mid August last year. However, seeing as they've always done home games, I think the more important question is if they are again broadcasting this season on FTA. I'd be completely crushed if not and I'm not trying to start a rumor to that effect. I just think we are super lucky to have satellite feeds at all.

As far as DirecTV or Dish, the Gopher games should be on as well as the Wisconsin series. You can usually count a Denver game also. Those, plus 2 or 3 games that may be picked up on ESPNU and CSTV--thats about it. (The FTA is the way to go. in addition to all the home games, the picture quality is FAR superior than any (standard definition) feed I've gotten on Dish, DirectV, or cable. must have something to do with the compression--or lack of....and I think its a native digital signal.....Iceberg?

Any idea how much $$ a bar/restaurant has to pay to carry the games....say a place with capacity around 75? I've inquired to FSSN without a reply.

not sure on the bars and what it costs them, one weekend we may have 12 sioux fans for a series then the next 40 and then the gophs series usually packs 100-150 sioux fans for those games, i guess you have to be lucky to have a bar with that system and then go from there...

AMEN TO THAT!!

The FTA feed is usually the original feed. The cable companies that get ti are doing the same thing we do...pick up the feed via satellite. They then rebroadcast it

If there are no commercials it most definitelly is the original. But I think the FSSN inserts them in the original.

Last year during the womens BB game (Elite 8) the original feed was on a different satellite and the FSSN was reuplinked. But yes the FSSN feed is usually the "clean" feed (original)

• Downvote 1

This is sort of on topic but I know some people like to whine & complain that the FSSN doesn't show more games.....well be happy that you can see the games on TV

Sadly one of my other favorite teams, UMD, just lost their TV partner. WDIO (ABC in Duluth) decided not to renew the contract. So right now the only UMD games I can see are from other teams broadcasts. No "local" team coverage. Right now they're looking but right now it looks dim. Unless the local cable channel picks it up then it would be shown just in Duluth and no where else.

So be happy you can see the Sioux no matter where you are in the country. As long as you have a FTA system, you can be sure to see a lot of games :lol:

• Downvote 1

All the money spend on the Fighting Sioux Hockey program and they can't find away to play more games then just the home ones or the Goofer series because its played on FSN. I understand the stations have to pay money to air games but with all the fans around the U.S. I would think it would be worth the money in the long run. Going to have steller team for the next few years for sure and then some but won't be able to watch any games unless they are at home. Gets me depressed....lol Something needs to be done. Maybe start a petition and send to someone...I don't know...

Go Sioux

joey

FSSN has, on occasion, done one Duluth game at Duluth by using the feed from the station refered to earlier. I can't remember if they go to Duluth this year or not, but if they do, that possibility would probably be gone if someone doesn't pick up the Bulldog games. Too bad.

All the money spend on the Fighting Sioux Hockey program and they can't find away to play more games then just the home ones or the Goofer series because its played on FSN. I understand the stations have to pay money to air games but with all the fans around the U.S. I would think it would be worth the money in the long run. Going to have steller team for the next few years for sure and then some but won't be able to watch any games unless they are at home. Gets me depressed....lol Something needs to be done. Maybe start a petition and send to someone...I don't know...

Go Sioux

joey

First of all the Sioux Hockey program is not as well funded as you think it may be, there are other teams in our league who are much better funded, then again there are teams who are not as well funded. Secondly advertising dollars is what keeps the games on the air and the last time I checked FSSN didn

Go Sioux

joey

you have to understand the market - 50,000 people in G.F. compaired to Mn Tech gophs here in the cities with a population of 2.5 million. Much easier to sell that advertising. I'm just happy that I can watch the games in Grand Forks in my living room in St. Paul - any road games are a bonus.

I let Hennessy keep me entertained for most of those.

you have to understand the market - 50,000 people in G.F. compaired to Mn Tech gophs here in the cities with a population of 2.5 million. Much easier to sell that advertising. I'm just happy that I can watch the games in Grand Forks in my living room in St. Paul - any road games are a bonus.

I let Hennessy keep me entertained for most of those.

So, are you saying that there is no market for Sioux hockey outside of the Grand Forks city limits?

FSSN has, on occasion, done one Duluth game at Duluth by using the feed from the station refered to earlier. I can't remember if they go to Duluth this year or not, but if they do, that possibility would probably be gone if someone doesn't pick up the Bulldog games. Too bad.

yes they go to Duluth...the oddball Saturday/Sunday afternoon games at the end of February

Hopefully someone picks up the games in Duluth...and hopefully its an OTA station and not cable :lol:

• Downvote 1

So, are you saying that there is no market for Sioux hockey outside of the Grand Forks city limits?

yes there is a market. Obviously there are fans & alumni from around the country. The issue is the FSSN has to have local advertisers and that takes us back to the population issue. There are tons of advertisers who get in on the Goofer games. Also they fill a few breaks with FSN North commercials. Since there is nothing else on FSSN besides the games it doesn't make sense to keep showing the "catch all the home games on FSSN"...we already know that ;)

But back to the advertisers it doesn't make sence to have a advertiser say in Brainerd, MN because most people won't care. And have you seen the commercials on the FSSN? Its a few advertisers. I don't know why they don't have more ads for businesses in NoDak. Why doesn't some bigger company in Bismarck or MInot get ads on it? Obviously people watch the games.

Now if Senser's could get some advertising that would be cool as hell :lol:

A Minneapolis based restaurant on a North Dakota station :D

• Downvote 1