SiouxSports.com Forum

Buning Problem?

siouxman68

If you're going to go as far as say there is a problem, give the proof.
Exactly: If you unwilling or unable to back up your accusations, perhaps they ought not be made in the first place. If DL, Hak, et al don't want to have this go public, it is not much of a defense to say you have honored the letter of their confidentiality only to violate the spirit.

Surely you don't expect any of us ask for Buning's head without proof. Please help me understand why you have said anything regarding the situation within the AD if you are not providing enough information with which to take action.

Please save your breath if your only response is to accuse me of jealousy regarding your "inside connections".

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is kind of cute how a few people here are of the attitude of How dare you not believe me? I KNOW PEOPLE! These same people act all insulted, as if they are being accused of treason, when they are asked to provide proof. I realize this may be hard for some of you to believe, but just because you say something is true doesn't mean others will automatically believe you if you don't present any evidence. Contrary to your belief, your word is not always gospel.

This doesn't mean I don't believe there isn't some tension between Buning and the coaches, there probably is. But please quit acting all high and mighty that someone would dare question what you say on a message board.

So what you're saying is there should be no response to those people who say, "I saw Buning at the Gopher hockey game and he was doing the sieve chant at Briggs. If he did that and is such a good cheerleader because I always see him out in public smiling and rooting on the team, than he must be a good AD." If those people can offer their opinions than yes, I will contradict those opinions without giving exact names or situations, but instead with just generalizations. No trust has been broken; no names or situations were revealed.

Again, I know what I say won't be taken as gospel....you need to have thousands of posts on here before you get to that stature or before a person can get that big of an ego.

Exactly: If you unwilling or unable to back up your accusations, perhaps they ought not be made in the first place. If DL, Hak, et al don't want to have this go public, it is not much of a defense to say you have honored the letter of their confidentiality only to violate the spirit.

Surely you don't expect any of us ask for Buning's head without proof. Please help me understand why you have said anything regarding the situation within the AD if you are not providing enough information with which to take action.

Please save your breath if your only response is to accuse me of jealousy regarding your "inside connections".

Don't be so hard on the guy. I don't see him gloating, or being confrontational about it, or calling anyone "jealous" of what he knows. There are folks who have inside info, that's just the way it is. You can allude to things but not divulge them, or you could lose your source, or even worse get someone in trouble for talking too much. I myself have heard of the rumbllings out of the athletic dept., not going to tell where I heard them, but don't dismiss them just because someone won't go into lengthy detail.

Perhaps asking for proof is a bit of a knee-jerk response, but if I have a pet peeve it is people that use the old "I've got a secret" mentality then leave it at that. This site isn't nearly as bad as another that uses the tired "another recruit has chosen to wear the treasured 'M'"! That phrase is used and then there becomes a guessing game. In other words, don't say it unless you want to play a game of 20 questions. I realize this is a message board and speculation will reign, but certain things shouldn't be put out there to fester. I certainly am no moderator, but that is where I come from and why I may have seemed a bit irritated.

So what you're saying is there should be no response to those people who say, "I saw Buning at the Gopher hockey game and he was doing the sieve chant at Briggs. If he did that and is such a good cheerleader because I always see him out in public smiling and rooting on the team, than he must be a good AD." If those people can offer their opinions than yes, I will contradict those opinions without giving exact names or situations, but instead with just generalizations. No trust has been broken; no names or situations were revealed.

Again, I know what I say won't be taken as gospel....you need to have thousands of posts on here before you get to that stature or before a person can get that big of an ego.

I never said you couldn't have your opinion. You, despite what you are saying, seem offended that some people don't necessarily believe you. As for needing thousands of posts here before you can have that big of an ego, that obviously isn't true as you are currently proving.

There is one side, or half a side, of the story being reported here. There is no one talking about how Buning feels on this whole matter. That probably doesn't matter though since he is such a bad AD, right?

Don't be so hard on the guy. I don't see him gloating, or being confrontational about it, or calling anyone "jealous" of what he knows. There are folks who have inside info, that's just the way it is. You can allude to things but not divulge them, or you could lose your source, or even worse get someone in trouble for talking too much. I myself have heard of the rumbllings out of the athletic dept., not going to tell where I heard them, but don't dismiss them just because someone won't go into lengthy detail.

Not to start anything but look at post 14 again. I think the word envy makes an apperance which is the same as jealous.

Perhaps asking for proof is a bit of a knee-jerk response, but if I have a pet peeve it is people that use the old "I've got a secret" mentality then leave it at that. This site isn't nearly as bad as another that uses the tired "another recruit has chosen to wear the treasured 'M'"! That phrase is used and then there becomes a guessing game. In other words, don't say it unless you want to play a game of 20 questions. I realize this is a message board and speculation will reign, but certain things shouldn't be put out there to fester. I certainly am no moderator, but that is where I come from and why I may have seemed a bit irritated.

Maybe you should try the S&M thread over on the hockey forum. ;)

Well, excuse me Mr. Thesaurus. Just remeber what you say now, cause someone may just remind you of it later.

Dude, I agree with all the other things you said. He was, however, calling people jealous. Just facts.

There are more highly influential people than you or me working behind closed doors and that is where they are going to keep it. The way it is currently being handled is best for those involved and best for the university.

Then respect those "highly influential people" enough to allow them to handle this professionally.

If they believe "working behind closed doors" is the appropriate and professional approach, why is anyone disrespecting that choice and dragging what others wanted kept in confidence or private out into a public forum like this?

Then respect those "highly influential people" enough to allow them to handle this professionally.

If they believe "working behind closed doors" is the appropriate and professional approach, why is anyone disrespecting that choice and dragging what others wanted kept in confidence or private out into a public forum like this?

If it was "behind closed doors," how the hell do people know about it then? You can't hide all of your actions, sooner or later someone is going to take notice.

Dude, I agree with all the other things you said. He was, however, calling people jealous. Just facts.

I actually was reading really fast and didn't see that part, but I went back and read it, it didn't make me mad, some people do act like they are jealous.

I apologize, I'm not a reporter so I shouldn't be saying "Officials had a closed door meeting but I'm reporting that unnamed sources have told me this about the meeting". Because no one ever mentions what is happening behind closed doors or quoting unnamed sources in any public forum or newspaper.... ;)

Like I said above, some people whined about wanting proof concerning this whole subject (or any other subject) when another poster tried to provide some insight without naming names, sources, or exact specifics. He was getting somewhat attacked because he was a "know-it-all-teenager" who didn't really know what he was talking about. I'm sorry, but if someone posts accurate information and then gets blasted for it, I will try to defend that poster by backing up his/her claims.

To the folks that have certain contacts, additional insight, or are otherwise privy to information not known to the general public, I say KEEP POSTING PLEASE! It's what makes this message board interesting to visit. Those of you who demand journalistic proof, feel free to continue to visit newspaper and television websites, and forget about message boards and the blogosphere. Just my $0.02.

If it was "behind closed doors," how the hell do people know about it then?

Because someone, who should've chosen to be more professional, broke the trust of a confidential conversation. This whisper campaign only serves to compound the broken trust and lack of professionalism.

Folks, we're talking about someone's performance and livelihood here. Who wants their last performance review debated on-line?

If there's stuff in the public square that's readily pointed to, please do. If there are concerns best left to be managed through a managerial chain of command, let that closed-door chain work. If you aren't sure which is which, think about what you would and would not want debated here from your last work review.

Because someone, who should've chosen to be more professional, broke the trust of a confidential conversation. This whisper campaign only serves to compound the broken trust and lack of professionalism.

Folks, we're talking about someone's performance and livelihood here. Who wants their last performance review debated on-line?

Welcome to the real world. It's not the first time it's happened, and probably won't be the last.

Do we really know that for sure? Intentional leaks of information happen all of the time. Not to say that's what this was, but who is to say it wasn't? As to the debating of job performance, ask any of the coaches. They'd likely prefer no online discussion, but that's not reality in today's world.

As to the debating of job performance, ask any of the coaches. They'd likely no online discussion, but that's not reality in today's world.

Because it was a late edit by me:

If there's stuff in the public square that's readily pointed to, please do. If there are concerns best left to be managed through a managerial chain of command, let that closed-door chain work. If you aren't sure which is which, think about what you would and would not want debated here from your last work review.

Where did I ever say it was right or wrong? I just said it happens, and it will happen again, that we can be sure of. I'm not going to speculate or elaborate on the subject any more, but it is what it is.

I didn't say you did. I was having a "Captain Obvious" moment.

And if there is a problem I expect (demand) the right people to handle it professionally. Not doing so shines poorly on all.