SiouxSports.com Forum

Live chat with Toews

Sorry if this has been already posted. Saw it on the 'Hawks forum.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/blackhawks.asp

Toews admitted Wednesday that he likely would not have made such a quick decision to leave the University of North Dakota two years early and sign with the Hawks on Tuesday had things not gone as well as they did for him in Russia as the only non-pro to play for Canada.

Maybe we should all have been praying he'd f' up ........ :D

team canada coach should have benched him, he wasnt ready for the big leagues ;) get me that coaches email :( bastard

andy murray was the coach and his family has been screwing the Sioux ever since his son decided the Swiss route was the way to go. :p

andy murray was the coach and his family has been screwing the Sioux ever since his son decided the Swiss route was the way to go. :p

don't smile - I talked to people connected to SSM and a certain family is not saying nice things about our program - notice where little brother decided to to go?

don't smile - I talked to people connected to SSM and a certain family is not saying nice things about our program - notice where little brother decided to to go?

I wonder why the Murray family would be upset with UND? The Sioux coaches didn't seem to be upset with Brady after his decision to leave...that loophole was something that was about to close, he needed to take advantage of it while he could.

So little Murray going to Wisconsin had nothing to do with his team mates going there and wanting to play with them. Just wondering.

Sorry if this has been already posted. Saw it on the 'Hawks forum.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/blackhawks.asp

Maybe we should all have been praying he'd f' up ........ :(

you weren't? Geez, was I the only one that was praying for that? :D

Seriously, we all knew that he was gone before that, Russia just sped up the process a little bit.

you weren't? Geez, was I the only one that was praying for that? :D

Seriously, we all knew that he was gone before that, Russia just sped up the process a little bit.

Comon!

We have to have a better conspiracy theory than that!

Before every game Toews played in, Tallon, the Blackhawks, and Team Canada (administration and teammembers), got together and pooled their money and paid off their opponents to make Toews look good on the ice (not TOO good, but good enough) so that Tallon could make some progress. Mix in a little of Ultra liberal pandering and Religious right bible thumping and voila! It's George W. Bush's fault Jonathan Toews signed! :p

Comon!

We have to have a better conspiracy theory than that!

Before every game Toews played in, Tallon, the Blackhawks, and Team Canada (administration and teammembers), got together and pooled their money and paid off their opponents to make Toews look good on the ice (not TOO good, but good enough) so that Tallon could make some progress. Mix in a little of Ultra liberal pandering and Religious right bible thumping and voila! It's George W. Bush's fault Jonathan Toews signed! :p

Well in that case let the articles of impeachment roll... ;)

Simon Schaubroeck (Winnipeg, Manitoba): You chose to play for UND instead of playing in the CHL, is university hockey in the states offering more opportunities to make it to the NHL than it did in the past compared to the CHL? Merci from a student of your former school CLR! Simon

Jonathan Toews: I think it's different for everyone. For me personally it offered a way to keep playing hockey and get started on school. UND amongst a lot of other schools has a great reputation for producing players who are ready after some time in college, so for me it was a great to get ready for my dream to play in the NHL while living the same lifestyle I had at Shattuck.

SiouxRube (Shattuck): Are you concerned that Chicago does not have a Red Pepper? No more Turkey Grinders?

Jonathan Toews: Yeah, I'll definitely have to find another spot to go to... and I know there's no shortage of good restaurants in Chicago. But I'll definitely miss the Red Pepper.

I wonder why the Murray family would be upset with UND? The Sioux coaches didn't seem to be upset with Brady after his decision to leave...that loophole was something that was about to close, he needed to take advantage of it while he could.

I would guess the shoulder injury, and re-injury (and re-injury? can't remember) might instigate some negative comments from the Murray family.

I would guess the shoulder injury, and re-injury (and re-injury? can't remember) might instigate some negative comments from the Murray family.

Would he have not gotten injured if he would have went to Minn, Wisco, etc? What am I missing? His shoulder injury was UND's fault?

Would he have not gotten injured if he would have went to Minn, Wisco, etc? What am I missing? His shoulder injury was UND's fault?

Some have speculated that he returned from the initial injury prematurely... you can figure out the rest.

Some have speculated that he returned from the initial injury prematurely... you can figure out the rest.

I hear ya, but that is not totally UND or the UND medical staff's fault, is it? If you're hurt, I'd say it's your responsibility to let them know that, isn't it?

I hear ya, but that is not totally UND or the UND medical staff's fault, is it? If you're hurt, I'd say it's your responsibility to let them know that, isn't it?

Hold on there, Ray... I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying what I guess they're saying if they're saying anything negative.

(Oddly enough, what I've just said makes sense. Give it time)

Hold on there, Ray... I'm not saying they're right, I'm just saying what I guess they're saying if they're saying anything negative.

(Oddly enough, what I've just said makes sense. Give it time)

Ha...I gotcha! (Had to read it a few times for it to sink in). :silly: