SiouxSports.com Forum

Gas Prices

Fetch

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to Debbie Downer but we can't blame the oil companies for this, we depend on a product from the most unstable area in the world. Gas prices will continue to skyrocket until WE change our driving habits to change the demand.

Try:

Walking

Riding a Bike

Carpooling

Taking a bus

I got a few emails the last month, apparently people are going to try and protest gas prices by not buying gas tomorrow.

Who knows if it will work or not, but just in case, I'm not filling up tomorrow.

It will not work, analysts have found that the lack of demand will just result in more demand the following days and thus even higher gas prices.

I love $3 gas, I would like to see $7 gas. As long as Americans love sprawl, and driving their Excursions solo across town to the mall, and buying food that that is grown in Iowa, processed in Asia, and reconstituted in New Jersey, we NEED expensive gas. :ohmy:

Anyone know anyone who has, or knows where you can get a vehicle converted, to run on both Propane (LP) gas & regular Gas ?

We have not learned alot since 72 ;)http://www.motherearthnews.com/Alternative...To-Propane.aspx

I remember when you could buy Old Mill for $4 a case in Sidney Montana & Gas was 29.9 :ohmy: & I had a 340 Dodge Challenger that could really drink the stuff ;)

I'm sorry, but we need some better options for our "fuel efficient" alternatives. The natural gas car that fetch posted would be blown over in a mild North Dakota wind, and I want someone to tell me how I am supposed to fit my wife, children and dog with all of our stuff in a Prius when we take trips (even short ones). Gas is expensive, yes, and it's not going to get any better I'm afraid, so until someone invents an alternative fuel delivery system that will change the world, we are stuck with what we have. Someone sneak into GM headquarters and steal the hydrogen fuel technology they've had for the last ten years and we can start making some progress :lol: . You can't tell me with all the brilliant minds in the world, we just can't figure it out? There is too much money on the line for the oil and auto companies for someone to make them obsolete with groundbreaking technology. Oh well, until then, I will pay the price at the pump and grumble like everyone else, but what can we do.

Round trip from Fargo to Minot is approximately 540 miles. If you assume a vehicle that gets 25 miles per gallon on the highway you will use about 22 gallons of gas. AT 2 dollars per gallon of gas, you will pay ~ 44 dollars. At 3 dollars you will pay ~ 66 dollars. That is the difference of 22 dollars... that difference wouldnt stop me from going to see a band I like :lol:

I don't want to Debbie Downer but we can't blame the oil companies for this, we depend on a product from the most unstable area in the world. Gas prices will continue to skyrocket until WE change our driving habits to change the demand.

Try:

Walking

Riding a Bike

Carpooling

Taking a bus

All the more reason to drill off shore and in ANWAR.

Round trip from Fargo to Minot is approximately 540 miles. If you assume a vehicle that gets 25 miles per gallon on the highway you will use about 22 gallons of gas. AT 2 dollars per gallon of gas, you will pay ~ 44 dollars. At 3 dollars you will pay ~ 66 dollars. That is the difference of 22 dollars... that difference wouldnt stop me from going to see a band I like :lol:

What would be the cost at $4 gallons?.....and while we are on the math subject if it takes you 4 hours to get from Minot to Fargo and its 270 miles and it takes me 4 1/2 hours how far did I drive? JK I have never been able figure out these problems...By the way Simonson's and others were up 3.249for Ethanol Blend and 3.299 for Regular in GF

What would be the cost at $4 gallons?.....and while we are on the math subject if it takes you 4 hours to get from Minot to Fargo and its 270 miles and it takes me 4 1/2 hours how far did I drive? JK I have never been able figure out these problems...By the way Simonson's and others were up 3.249for Ethanol Blend and 3.299 for Regular in GF

I buy my gas at Sam's club, today it's like 3.16 a gallon.

I buy my gas at Sam's club, today it's like 3.16 a gallon.

Gas on the rez is 3.30! 90 miles away it's 3.18! I don't know how much more the average citizen will be able to afford!

The majority in this community have four wheel drive trucks, big ones. They need them because those that don't live in town, haul water, coal and/or wood for home heating, live in the boon docks without paved roads, haul feed for their horses, etc. These folks are on limited budgets and gas prices are having a dramatic affect on them!

Let's just stop buying gas altogether then.

It still angers me that they cap the wheat prices, and not the gas prices.

"Let's just stop buying gas altogether then."

If you don't want to pay high gas prices you don't need anyone else to stop driving. If you aren't buying gas than the high prices won't effect you. Since you will still buy gas and you won't stop driving than it your system will not benefit you at all.

"It still angers me that they cap the wheat prices, and not the gas prices."

Why stop at capping gas prices? Let's cap the price of everything. Let's start telling the REA that they can't charge more than 5 dollars a ticket. Let's start telling Dell that they can't charge more than $20 for a computer.