SiouxSports.com Forum

What now?

11~ZachAttack~11

They're done until the NCAA selection process on Sunday, where they will find out if they make the next round of the NCAAs or if they are done for the season.

Chances are pretty good that they'll get selected, as USCHO points out, probably as a number 3 seed in the East or North East. But, I guess stranger things have happened.

Personally, I'd rather we go east or northeast as it increases our odds of making some headway in the NC$$. Unless something really *weird* happens, I don't see why we wouldn't make the trip.

The team has already exceeded my preseason expectations in WCHA play by finishing 4th, so this is gravy for me, even though I have been disappointed by much of the play this latter part of the season.

Then again, I'm already making plans for a FF trip to Boston in '04. ;):)

What now? Pretend that we really didn't care to win. Go home. Rest up. Wait for the NCAA draw to be announced, Sunday afternoon I think. Best bet is we get sent out east.

The selection show is on ESPN, at 5:00 CST. The Sioux going east seems to be the conventional wisdom right now. If by some quirk of fate Minnesota wins the Final 5, CC could get shipped to Ann Arbor, with UND getting the #3 seed at MaryHoochie.

I guess they're probably in the tourney now, but I won't feel comfortable about it until the field is announced on Sunday. I think they're now in a 3-way tie for 10th in the PWR, which is they same as saying they're in 12th place. In, at most, a 14-team field, that's not a lot of leeway. The only good news tonight is that Michigan State also lost, and they were one of the pursuers. We'll have to see how the rest of the weekend goes.

"If" Minnesota wins tonight and faces CC in the championship and beats them, I think it is still "possible" that Minnesota could get a #1 ranking depending on how the other tournaments play out...

That being said, and if UND stays a #3 seed, it is possible (again) that, given the NCAA's love of $, UND "could" stay in the West Regional... an extreme long shot... but the NCAA doesn't really have to justify what they do, as they only use the PWR as a "guide" in making selections and setting matchups for the NCAA's.

Any thoughts on how this could happen from more mathematical persons than I? :)