SiouxSports.com Forum

AD on Mac Talk

legend334

On the same lines, the waiting list for season tickets has moved a lot in the last couple of years... while it was seemingly immobile the first few. That means a lot of frustrated (if not tapped out) season ticket holders. :D

Speaking of tapped out... renewals are due in 2 weeks. (anyone got 3 grand I can "borrow?")

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is no way to build fan loyalty - I'm sure they would like to sell our seats to some corporate person with a deep pocket and no history of loyalty to the Sioux. I'm afraid this is the future of a Bunning led Athletic Department. If this doesn't upset you because your seats are not affected, just wait - your turn to get worked over may be comming also. This experience has turned me into a serious anti-Bunning person - I'm so mad at this, I could spit.

If you think this is somehow Buning's fault, you weren't paying attention to the more than ample signs coming from the new REA, pretty much since its inception. :D That's not to blame anyone specifically at REA; rather, this is the reality of big-time college athletics, first ushered into North Dakota by the arrival of the new REA. However it was inevitable, regardless, as its happening everywhere in college athletics.

Two Questions:

First

Are they converting the lower bowl to all Coaches Club level?

Or is this a tactical move to get students more of the lower bowl?

Next

What was tuition in 2001-2002? What is it today?

I really don't know, but I do suspect you'll find "linkage" between that and prices.

Two Questions:

Next

I really don't know, but I do suspect you'll find "linkage" between that and prices.

Can't quite remember what it was then, but I remember around 1700. Five years later when my brother started at NDSU (we've disowned him) it was over 3 grand. When I started in 1998 I don't even think I paid 1500.

If you think this is somehow Buning's fault, you weren't paying attention to the more than ample signs coming from the new REA, pretty much since its inception. :D That's not to blame anyone specifically at REA; rather, this is the reality of big-time college athletics, first ushered into North Dakota by the arrival of the new REA. However it was inevitable, regardless, as its happening everywhere in college athletics.

I think that once the newness of the arena wears off and the reality of tickets prices going up yearly is going to make a lot of people just say screw this I will watch the game on TV. Grand Forks, ND isn't a big town and It's amazing to have a facility such as this.

Elaborate on that connection please?

The 'ticket price' "Irish" mentioned isn't really the ticket price*, but the FSC membership price, going up for that seat.

Fighting Sioux Club membership dollars go for scholarships.

The cost of a scholarship is based on tuition.

Rising tuition --> Rising scholarship costs --> Increased FSC costs (reflected when you get a season ticket bill).

It doesn't get much simpler than that.

* Posted season ticket prices remain unchanged over the past few years. However, the cost of FSC membership to keep seats has gone up. First it was having to join Century club ($110) to hold two seats in the upper deck when previously FSC membership was not required for seats up there (i.e. Sections 303, 306). Now it's affecting the FSC member levels between Century and Coaches that have seats in the lower bowl (see: Irish's post).

Two Questions:

First

Are they converting the lower bowl to all Coaches Club level?

Or is this a tactical move to get students more of the lower bowl?

Next

I received the letter also. REA is changing some seats in the lower bowl, sections 103-105 from Varsity Club level to Coaches Club. Their reasoning is that Varsity club is the only level that had seats in both the lower and upper bowl. We had the option to keep our current seats and pay Coaches Club fees or be reseated in the upper bowl and remain Varsity Club.