SiouxSports.com Forum

Next year's roster

Chuck Schwartz

Why do I suspect that you are a 12 year old that has absolutely no friends. You have proven yourself to be wrong or completely incompetent with just about every post. You are not a fan of UND or the game. Couldn't you just go somewhere else. We are all worse for your presence.

im pretty sure he said he was a gopher fan on one of his posts :D:)

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was Finley going to go? I don't think he could make a single UHL or ECHL team, and it wasn't like teams were dangling boatloads of money at Duncan. Hes a great player but he wasn't generating much interest. People weren't really busting the door down for the other two either. Again both are great players but you act like they turned down 100 mill to come back to school.

um, maybe to Washington who drafted him in the FIRST ROUND. and Duncan was getting offers as stated in the article where he says that he is staying, not to mention he is a free-agent like JPar, so they would have really come after the draft. Why do you hang on the Sioux fan board when you clearly like none of our players and think that they all suck. I'm sorry that you disagree with my opinion, but I have met Joe and most of the guys and am always sad when any of them leave. think before you say things, because very few here actually agree with your idiotic posts.

um, maybe to Washington who drafted him in the FIRST ROUND. and Duncan was getting offers as stated in the article where he says that he is staying, not to mention he is a free-agent like JPar, so they would have really come after the draft. Why do you hang on the Sioux fan board when you clearly like none of our players and think that they all suck. I'm sorry that you disagree with my opinion, but I have met Joe and most of the guys and am always sad when any of them leave. think before you say things, because very few here actually agree with your idiotic posts.

That's because Lives-To-Play-withhimself_06 has nothing better to do run down the Sioux players.

He is probably a local High School kid that has his own insecurities. I dare him to say that to big Joe.

The kid is a monster

Yea, I think all UND players suck. Thats why I said that 3 of them were "great" in the post you quoted.

My post was idiotic? I'm not the one who used the fact that Duncan was a free-agent to try prove he was getting offers. You could say that about anyone that wasn't drafted.

"The offers would have came after the draft": This was also a good quote, just curious when was the last time someone got an offer before the draft?

Yea, I think all UND players suck. Thats why I said that 3 of them were "great" in the post you quoted.

My post was idiotic? I'm not the one who used the fact that Duncan was a free-agent to try prove he was getting offers. You could say that about anyone that wasn't drafted.

"The offers would have came after the draft": This was also a good quote, just curious when was the last time someone got an offer before the draft?

From the Herald article announcing Duncan's plans to return to school:

Duncan, who is undrafted, received several free-agent offers after putting together an outstanding season.

Duncan had six contract offers the day after he won the Hobey. Besides Toews he had more stock than anyone on the team in terms of signing. His stock now only goes downhill because he (assuming) won't win the Hobey again. In terms of players leaving it can draw more interest if you're a free agent. In terms of Finley, he probably had the least amount of stock amongst the four so far that are staying. He would make an AHL team though, you have to look at how good of a league he is playing in compared to the ECHL and UHL.

ok, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. I guess that I took the greats as being sarcastic and they weren't I take it? I am not getting used to Duncan being a free-agent, I know that he is one. HE never said that he was getting offers.

Both players had opportunities to move to the next level.

The Edmonton Oilers, who drafted Chorney in the second round in 2005, publicly said they were willing to sign the Hastings, Minn., native. Duncan, who is undrafted, received several free-agent offers after putting together an outstanding season.

That is a direct quote from the article in the Herald and the link will follow. Where does it say that he said that? Ryan is far too humble of a person to ever say something like that. If you disagree with me on that, you need to listen to him after winning the Hobey.

Pro Hockey Can Wait

as the article states, he was getting offers before now, right after he won the Hobey. Why not quote my entire sentence, which read "not to mention he is a free-agent like JPar, so they would have really come after the draft." a bit of a difference in our wordings there. By saying that they would have really come after the draft, I was saying that more offers would have come after the draft and we have no way of knowing what they would be offering him.

Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding on my part.

Again you should probably quit while you are ahead.

Never mind who's turning pro early: Which players will follow the leads of T.J. Hensick and Brian Boyle and shun the pros for another year in college?

We've already received some answers to this one, with North Dakota stalwarts T.J. Oshie, Brian Lee and Joe Finley stating for the record that they'll be back in Grand Forks.

From inch.....Brian Lee has decided to return? Probably a typo....

#9 overall picks aren't supposed to play in the AHL. They are supposed to be stars in the NHL like the #9 that was drafted 2 years earlier Dion Phaneuf.

Lives-to-play-withhimself: So when was it determined that you are an expert on hockey talent. :silly::D:D

Again take some advice kid quit will you are behind. Go back to red river high school and admire your state championship and let the big kids talk about hockey.

No, stars in the NHL like Alexandre Daigle

So are you saying that not all high draft picks pan out? How does that refute my point that top ten picks are supposed to be impact players? If your already calling Lee a bust than thats fine but to say that the senators were hoping to get him into the NHL after a few years in the AHL is ridiculus. They thought he would be ready to step in by next year they don't usually waste #9 overall picks on players who are going to be seeing their first action when they are 26.