SiouxSports.com Forum

Next year's roster

Chuck Schwartz

Here is a look at 2006/2007

Games played x 60 min = Max Min

Game Time = % on ice

Actual Playing Time = Max Min x Game Time(%)

Pts per Time = Total Points / Actual Playing Time

Rank

2006/2007

Max Game Actual Pts per Rank

Player POS YR | GP G A PTS Min Time Time Time

Ryan Duncan F SO | 43 31 26 57 2580 40% 1032 0.055 5

T.J. Oshie (STL) F SO | 43 17 35 52 2580 40% 1032 0.050 6

Jonathan Toews(CHI) F SO | 34 18 28 46 2040 40% 816 0.056 4

Robbie Bina D JR | 43 10 22 32 2580 40% 1032 0.031 13

Taylor Chorney (EDM) D SO | 39 8 23 31 2340 40% 936 0.033 12

Chris Porter (CHI) F SR | 43 13 17 30 2580 25% 645 0.047 8

Brian Lee (OTT) D SO | 38 2 24 26 2280 25% 570 0.046 9

Brad Miller F SO | 41 10 14 24 2460 15% 369 0.065 2

Chay Genoway F/D FR | 43 5 14 19 2580 25% 645 0.029 15

Matt Watkins (DAL) F SO | 38 6 11 17 2280 15% 342 0.050 7

Rylan Kaip (ATL) F JR | 38 5 7 12 2280 25% 570 0.021 17

Erik Fabian F SR | 39 5 6 11 2340 25% 585 0.019 20

Andrew Kozek (ATL) F SO | 41 5 6 11 2460 15% 369 0.030 14

Darcy Zajac F FR | 41 8 2 10 2460 10% 246 0.041 10

Ryan Martens F SO | 20 3 6 9 1200 10% 120 0.075 1

Chris VandeVelde (EDM)F FR | 38 3 6 9 2280 10% 228 0.039 11

Joe Finley (WSH) D SO | 41 1 6 7 2460 10% 246 0.028 16

Kyle Radke D JR | 41 2 3 5 2460 10% 246 0.020 19

Scott Foyt D/F SR | 8 1 2 3 480 10% 48 0.063 3

Zach Jones D SO | 42 0 3 3 2520 10% 252 0.012 21

Michael Forney (ATL) F FR | 16 0 2 2 960 10% 96 0.021 18

Where did the playing time minutes come from ? Is this your estimate ? This can't be actual numbers since everyones % is in 5% increments.

If this is not actual numbers then please explain what value this is ? Even if you used actual numbers it counts all playing time the same (even strength, power play, penalty kill), therefore I can't see anything useful in this.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did the playing time minutes come from ? Is this your estimate ? This can't be actual numbers since everyones % is in 5% increments.

If this is not actual numbers then please explain what value this is ? Even if you used actual numbers it counts all playing time the same (even strength, power play, penalty kill), therefore I can't see anything useful in this.

Like any performance measure (including those used outside sports) - the idea is get a sense of the player's level of consistent contribution. Ice time % is an average over the season (some games more and some less). Clearly the coaching staff has the best stats on exact game specific times - the times are approximations over the year. Change the numbers and re-run the analysis if the numbers don't seem right.

The idea is measure approximate ice time and what was the average contribution per player during that ice time.

So for 2007 we will have:

Still waiting:

Lee

Toews

Forwards (15):

Duncan

Oshie

VandeVelde

Watkins

Trupp

Kozek

Forney

Kaip

Radke

Malone

Zajac

Miller

Hextall

Martens

Hamilton

Defense (7):

Chorney

Bina

Finley

LaPoint

Genoway

Jones

Marto

Goaltender (3)

Phil

Grieco

Walski

I see no way that Bruneteau, Blood, of Frattin come in 2007. So if the hockey gods bless us some more Toews stays, I would suspect that Hextall plays another year of junior hockey. If Lee stays we have 8 defenders (assuming Radke as a forward). That is some stiff competition for playing time.

Looking ahead to 2008:

We lose:

Phil

Bina

Radke

Kaip

And likely:

Oshie

Chorney

Finley

Lee if we don't in 2007

Toews if we don't in 2007

And Maybe:

Duncan

Other Juniors?

So figure we will have 9 (1G, 3D, 5F) spots to fill if the roster is similarly filled. Already coming in we would have:

Forward

Matt Frattin

Brett Bruneteau

Brett Hextall

Mike Cichy

1 more?

Defense

Joe Gleason

Ben Blood

1 more?

Goaltender

Brad Eidsness

The moral of this story is that the next 2 classes are pretty much set.

Still waiting:

Lee

Toews

Forwards (15):

Duncan

Oshie

VandeVelde

Watkins

Trupp

Kozek

Forney

Kaip

Radke

Malone

Zajac

Miller

Hextall

Martens

Hamilton

Defense (7):

Chorney

Bina

Finley

LaPoint

Genoway

Jones

Marto

Goaltender (3)

Phil

Grieco

Walski

I see no way that Bruneteau, Blood, of Frattin come in 2007. So if the hockey gods bless us some more Toews stays, I would suspect that Hextall plays another year of junior hockey. If Lee stays we have 8 defenders (assuming Radke as a forward). That is some stiff competition for playing time.

Looking ahead to 2008:

We lose:

Phil

Bina

Radke

Kaip

And likely:

Oshie

Chorney

Finley

Lee if we don't in 2007

And Maybe:

Duncan

Other Juniors?

So figure we will have 9 (1G, 3D, 5F) spots to fill if the roster is similarly filled. Already coming in we would have:

Forward

Matt Frattin

Brett Bruneteau

Brett Hextall

Mike Cichy

1 more?

Defense

Joe Gleason

Ben Blood

1 more?

Goaltender

Brad Eidsness

your 1 more? will be david toews as im sure thats what you were referring to.....

Still waiting:

Lee

Toews

Forwards (15):

Duncan

Oshie

VandeVelde

Watkins

Trupp

Kozek

Forney

Kaip

Radke

Malone

Zajac

Miller

Hextall

Martens

Hamilton

Defense (7):

Chorney

Bina

Finley

LaPoint

Genoway

Jones

Marto

Goaltender (3)

Phil

Grieco

Walski

Looking ahead to 2008:

We lose:

Phil

Bina

Radke

Kaip

And likely:

Oshie

Chorney

Finley

Lee if we don't in 2007

And Maybe:

Duncan

Other Juniors?

Forward

Matt Frattin

Brett Bruneteau

Brett Hextall

Mike Cichy

1 more?

Defense

Joe Gleason

Ben Blood

1 more?

Goaltender

Brad Eidsness

nice round up! and is it just me?? or is this team going to be awesome the next couple years?? THANKS OSHIE, DUNCAN, CHORNEY AND FINLEY. they all could have left, but are giving the sioux team a huge break. sweet!

I have talked to a few of the guys... The last time I talked to Bruneteau (couple weeks ago), he said he still had to talk to the coaching staff but that he wanted to come play. Frattin wasn't sure yet. But Hextall said he's coming in next year.

Hope that helps, but probably not lol

nice round up! and is it just me?? or is this team going to be awesome the next couple years?? THANKS OSHIE, DUNCAN, CHORNEY AND FINLEY. they all could have left, but are giving the sioux team a huge break. sweet!

is it bad that I haven't stopped smiling since we found out about Joe and can not wait for next year. If Toews doesn't sign, I may just go to completely worshipping the hockey gods.

I have talked to a few of the guys... The last time I talked to Bruneteau (couple weeks ago), he said he still had to talk to the coaching staff but that he wanted to come play. Frattin wasn't sure yet. But Hextall said he's coming in next year.

Hope that helps, but probably not lol

Unfortunately for some of the recruits they won't have much say in the matter. We don't need 18 forwards on the roster with 5 of them not dressing each game. With the returning players, it would be better for them to play another year of juniors rather than just practice with the Sioux all year.

Unfortunately for some of the recruits they won't have much say in the matter. We don't need 18 forwards on the roster with 5 of them not dressing each game. With the returning players, it would be better for them to play another year of juniors rather than just practice with the Sioux all year.

exactly

your 1 more? will be david toews as im sure thats what you were referring to.....

Both Toews and Lee who is a similar caliber of player. I suspect they would make room for both. I have no reason to believe that Cichy won't be here, but some folks think he is going MJ. Note that there is incentive to carry a big 2008 class just to help level out the 2009s. This cycle of having huge classes every 4 years is not good.

Both Toews and Lee who is a similar caliber of player. I suspect they would make room for both. I have no reason to believe that Cichy won't be here, but some folks think he is going MJ. Note that there is incentive to carry a big 2008 class just to help level out the 2009s. This cycle of having huge classes every 4 years is not good.

are you referring to the roseau goalie LEE??

How can we say someone is over hyped before he actually even plays for the Sioux? Seems that we would at least want to give him a couple of seasons.

I don't know that "hyped" would be the word, but he may mean "expectations." Based on previous performance, certain players entering UND's program are expected to produce right now and two years is not an option.

There is some potential, but we haven't had good luck with Salmon Arm Recruits lately. We missed out on Nash, Street, and Winnett.

is the 3rd zajac who is there on the radar? i guess im not sure how old he is, have to check that out.i know there is 1 more as well down the line a bit younger....so four total correct??

is the 3rd zajac who is there on the radar? i guess im not sure how old he is, have to check that out.i know there is 1 more as well down the line a bit younger....so four total correct??

four total, Kelly and Nolan are left. Kelly is 18, he will turn 19 in June and Nolan is 16, he will turn 17 in August. I don't know if either are on our radar, I would assume since both their bros play or have played for us. Kelly plays for the Salmon Arm in the BCHL and Nolan plays for his school.

four total, Kelly and Nolan are left. Kelly is 18, he will turn 19 in June and Nolan is 16, he will turn 17 in August. I don't know if either are on our radar, I would assume since both their bros play or have played for us. Kelly plays for the Salmon Arm in the BCHL and Nolan plays for his school.

i see nolan is a defensemen, interesting.. kellys numbers were OK this season at salmon arm, i suspect he play 1 more year with salmon arm.

Kelly might be a walk on / 25% scholie type player for 2009, I can't see him fitting in in 2008, at one point Nolan was considered an elite player like Travis at that age, I don't know if that has subsequently changed.

is it bad that I haven't stopped smiling since we found out about Joe and can not wait for next year. If Toews doesn't sign, I may just go to completely worshipping the hockey gods.

Where was Finley going to go? I don't think he could make a single UHL or ECHL team, and it wasn't like teams were dangling boatloads of money at Duncan. Hes a great player but he wasn't generating much interest. People weren't really busting the door down for the other two either. Again both are great players but you act like they turned down 100 mill to come back to school.

Where was Finley going to go? I don't think he could make a single UHL or ECHL team, and it wasn't like teams were dangling boatloads of money at Duncan. Hes a great player but he wasn't generating much interest. People weren't really busting the door down for the other two either. Again both are great players but you act like they turned down 100 mill to come back to school.

why do you always have to say stupid things? you sound like a complete moron with your comments on the players. all those players were wanted. Im not going to touch on all of them, but your wrong on each.

Your knowledge continutes to amaze me, he will be an elite dman in the wcha this year as a junior and is only at a sophomore age. Remember Commie, Greenie, and Smaby. They all adjusted freshman year, struggled the first half of sophomore year and emerged late sophomore year, then dominated junior year. Up to this point finley has taken the same path. Watch out, because this year he will turn into the formidable dominating dman that was expected when he was drafted in the first round.

Why do I suspect that you are a 12 year old that has absolutely no friends. You have proven yourself to be wrong or completely incompetent with just about every post. You are not a fan of UND or the game. Couldn't you just go somewhere else. We are all worse for your presence.