SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

So there are now 3 active threads about JT.... So I'm just gunna keep posting to the one with the most posts lol

Yes the players do read these boards from time to time, along with their families and friends and girlfriends, etc..... But I'm pretty sure none of the players actually post (except for Prpich, who started his little "thanks" thread last year)

i know players who have posted under funny screen names here, it halarious....

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the rules of a player (Toews) who is a draft pick of a team, but doesn't really want to go to that team because they stink? Obviously Toews is doing great at the Worlds. So well, that he would sought after by any and all teams in the NHL. At what point would Chicago lose their rights to him? Stay in school Jonathon, your stock will keep going up with a national championship. :ohmy:

Toews said in an interview on draft day that the Blackhawks were his first choice (although perhaps out of the five teams that were most likely to take him).

Playing in the NHL as a highly touted rookie in '07-08: Worth $millions

Playing in the AHL as a highly touted rookie in '07-08: Worth $thousands

Playing in the NCAA for another year: Priceless (literally)

Let's hope Jonathan continues to see green instead of seeing "green"

I'm back to being optimistic. :ohmy:

Golden boy

Drafted third overall by Chicago last year, Toews remains unsigned and, officially at least, undecided.

"Obviously this thing has helped me clear some things up, as far as my ability and stuff like that," he said. "This whole thing's given me a lot of confidence, at least thinking that I can make that step, either next year or somewhere down the road. But everything's happened so fast since my season's been over.

"I'm just going to sit down with my family at the kitchen table and go over the pros and cons. I've made decisions like this before. I don't think they've been as tough as this one's going to be."

That Toews is even thinking about staying in school might say more about him than anything. This is one level-headed teenager.

I'm not saying he won't sign, but this is just incompetent reporting.

No it isn't. If Torchetti was accurately quoted, the reporter is not to blame for the inaccurate information.

JT would never leave early to play for a team with that hostile and abusive Blackhawks logo.

Speaking of...because they were selling the Canadian jerseys on eBay, I decided to see what other Jonathan Toews stuff there was on eBay. Check this out. Notice anything? I noticed 2 glaring issues with this.

Speaking of...because they were selling the Canadian jerseys on eBay, I decided to see what other Jonathan Toews stuff there was on eBay. Check this out. Notice anything? I noticed 2 glaring issues with this.

Gee, I guess the rumors of the plain black UND jerseys are true after all. :lol:

Is the logo missing because of NCAA regulations? Card company can't make money off of college players or something? It has nothing to do with it being an indian head logo and if it was a Kyle Okposo card, the M would not be on the jersey?

Or...he was signed but it's not been approved by the NHLPA/NHL or whoever gives it the final OK.

That thought crossed my mind, too. If true, then it's some most excellent reporting. :lol:

Is the logo missing because of NCAA regulations? Card company can't make money off of college players or something? It has nothing to do with it being an indian head logo and if it was a Kyle Okposo card, the M would not be on the jersey?

Yeah, why would they not be able to put the logo on the jersey? Also, notice it says "North Dakota Sioux". Did they take the "Fighting" out on purpose, just like the logo?