SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him...I don't feel sorry for him at all. He gets what he deserves. You have to be smarter than that.

What sucks here is that yes he broke the law, BUT what he did is not any concern where he grew up and where his family lives. And yet they have far less problems with alcohol that we do in the states. But, he is guilty of breaking a BS statute.

What sucks here is that yes he broke the law, BUT what he did is not any concern where he grew up and where his family lives.

I'm getting really sick of this defense. Toews lives in the US. He knows what the laws are here. What he can do legally in Canada is totally irrelevant.

I'm getting really sick of this defense. Toews lives in the US. He knows what the laws are here. What he can do legally in Canada is totally irrelevant.

Irregardless of Toews, I just think the US law is BS. He'll have to take the penalty, but I don't hold this against him in any way.

I also would have preferred to see him sentenced to 1 more year at UND.

Edit: also base on this why did they plea?

Irregardless of Toews, I just think the US law is BS. He'll have to take the penalty, but I don't hold this against him in any way.

I also would have preferred to see him sentenced to 1 more year at UND.

Edit: also base on this why did they plea?

probably to get it done and overwith....best guess...

i can't believe that any of you are that upset that some dumbass kid got sentenced to jail for getting caught doing something illegal?? add to it, for the second time in a couple months!!! I don't care if he's from canada and it's legal there at his age or if he's from the middle east where it's illegal to think about sex with a woman for fun and not just creation....he did a stupid thing and knew what would happen if he got caught....

forgive and forget, but don't make excuses for someone's stupid mistakes

STOP THAT!!!! That is a well-thought out logical response which has nnoooooooo business being on this forum.

Shape up or ship out PCM :(

I'm just glad he is a normal kid and was having fun at UND. He obviously is a socializer and we learned this week what can happen to people who refuse to be social and interact with people.

Most of us (or our kids) have done what he got caught doing. It's not right and is against the law, but learning that following the law is easiest in the long run is just a part of growing up. It is frustrating to learn this way, but it can always be worse than 10 days in jail.

Man, am I a parent or what?

I'm just glad he is a normal kid and was having fun at UND. He obviously is a socializer and we learned this week what can happen to people who refuse to be social and interact with people.

sorry, to compare social drinking with being a loner like the VT issue is just WRONG. One does NOT have to drink to be social. SHAME!

W

sorry, to compare social drinking with being a loner like the VT issue is just WRONG. One does NOT have to drink to be social. SHAME!

W

Sorry to have offended you. Not all kids do drink. But a majority of them do break the law by doing so, sadly.

probably to get it done and overwith....best guess...

i can't believe that any of you are that upset that some dumbass kid got sentenced to jail for getting caught doing something illegal?? add to it, for the second time in a couple months!!! I don't care if he's from canada and it's legal there at his age or if he's from the middle east where it's illegal to think about sex with a woman for fun and not just creation....he did a stupid thing and knew what would happen if he got caught....

forgive and forget, but don't make excuses for someone's stupid mistakes

As a Canadian, I think your many laws would be a whole lot easier to accept and understand if they truly were applied equally and fairly to all. We all get to watch the many exceptions that are made for US celebrities on our TV sets as well, inlcuding crimes as extreme as murder.

If you want to compare an 18 year old man who due to his culture and heritage has likely been drinking wine with his meals for several years now with sex offenders then you truly have my pity. Maybe someday soon I will be watching you in a Borat sequel. :(

Yeah, Greene must have just escaped the death penalty...

Just because he's a hockey player, I don't think he should get different penalties than any other person. I say it's nice seeing a hockey player get punished for something like everyone else would be!

On the other hand, I do think it is a bit harsh for only having 2 minors. Oh well, there's nothing anyone can do about it now, so just give it a rest.

As a Canadian, I think your many laws would be a whole lot easier to accept and understand if they truly were applied equally and fairly to all. We all get to watch the many exceptions that are made for US celebrities on our TV sets as well, inlcuding crimes as extreme as murder.

If you want to compare an 18 year old man who due to his culture and heritage has likely been drinking wine with his meals for several years now with sex offenders then you truly have my pity. Maybe someday soon I will be watching you in a Borat sequel. :(

I don't need your pity or your rationalizations. All players -- U.S. and Canadian -- know what the legal drinking age is when they come here to play hockey. If they choose to violate the law, then they better expect to suffer the consequences of getting caught. It's their choice. It's not out of their control.

*blames Canada* :(

I'm sure that anyday now OJ Simpson will find the "real killer".