SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Watch

Goon

Pittsburg is out of the playoffs. Crosby's post game interview sounded like he was going to join the Canadian team.

A hopefull prediction .................... 65/35 that JT is a Fighting Sioux again next year :(

I predict that he makes it. I have that much faith in this kid.

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be the "internal handling". Is it possible that the deal was: "you play if you plead guilty and accept the consequences"?

However, court fines are not fun as a broke college student. JT is on the border of signing, so I really hope it isn't a court fine that sways him. Because NHL money would definitely help pay that.

something smells fishy here...My lil bro's friend got his third minor and he is still 18. his fines were 75, 301,301 and only had to spend 2 days in jail.. and toews has to spend 10 days?? you got to be shitting me... im sure he is as good as gone now... he gave everything he had to our community and what do we give him? 10 days in jail adn a bunch of fines.

From the article:

Toews, because of previous charges, will spend 10 days in jail and must serve 30 hours community service, according to court records. He's been fined $750 in court fines and fees.

Toews was charged in September with minor in consumption and noisy party gathering.

Oshie was sentenced to unsupervised probation for one year and to pay about $450 in fines and fees. Once the year is complete, the file will be sealed, according to court documents.

Okay, enough said, we forgive you boys. Let's get on with life now.

That sucks for JT, I hope this doesn't leave a bad taste in his mouth and make him sign.

I doubt this would leave a bad taste in his mouth. These are his own actions, and it's not like the city is turning on him. He has to do the time if he does the crime. I would guess we fans will be more than forgiving to him.

I could see 10 days in jail SUSPENDED. maybe there is an error here. 10 days in jail for a two minors seems really harsh.

VERY harsh...I'd say excessive. I know several people who have gotten multiple minors and have never served 1 day in jail.

VERY harsh...I'd say excessive. I know several people who have gotten multiple minors and have never served 1 day in jail.

I was in the courtroom once when a young lady had a couple previous minors and came in for another one.....the judge looked at her and said something to the effect that obviously she hadn't learned about underage drinking and gave her 30 days in the pokey. When she asked for a couple days to get her life in order, he said that she was to immediatly to be taken into custody......please keep in mind that this was in early December, she spent Christmas in jail.

I agree with hrkac. This doesn't sound right without some of the days being suspended. Geez, do DUI's get that? Not in ND, I don't think.

ill admit it. First time publicy.. I got a Dui when i was 19. My punishment you ask..801 bail which i got back, about 700 bucks in fines and fees, and a couple of 75 dollar classes. No jail time, no community serive no nothing. Oh yeh and my inusrance skyrocketed but since has gone down to a measly 450 a year for a 2005 f250.

I had 2 minors in Minnesota and 1 in North Dakota in not a very long spree of time... I got fined and unsupurvised probabtion... never any jail at all. But Toews would have been on a 1 year of unsupervised probation from his incident this fall. It was a hockey party and my girlfriend was there and was one of the few who didn't get minors. My 1 year of probation meant no minors until that year was up or else 10 days suspended jail time. Well toews had the same deal but broke his probation so i think 10 days was the consequence....

Say it isn't so ...................... ;)

REDICULOUS! If this is the new norm there will be a steady parade of University students in and out of jail.

Is JT being made an example of .............. this penalty if far to stiff for the act committed.

With so many students doing jail time will the bottom line $$$$ for the new correctional center be greatly improved :(