Maine/Michigan St.

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling for North Dakota today! Other than that, doesn't matter who wins to me! Have to beat the best to be the best, and we have to beat BC first and foremost! GO SIOUX!!!!!!! (Okay, secretly, I really don't want to face Maine again if we do win tonight! Go Spartans! :lol: )

I don't care but apparently the Maine coach Tim Whitehead has taken a beating this season and the fans have been calling for his head. Apparently his wife has been reading USCHO.COM and doesn't like the message board talk. I was shocked to know his wife read that thing. I even stuck up for him and said how can you fire him...

They haven't announced anything officially yet, but I do see some empty seats along the boards (lower level), though there seems to be a pretty fair sized crowd.

Midday on a Thursday in St. Louis, thats all you gotta say, not a huge hockey city, with no local team playing in it. I'm sure tonight will be packed for what many are calling the main event. Along with Saturday. I think the NCAA has to go to more hockey towns even if it does give some advantage to specific teams. Just not for conference tournaments (Final Five). I can't see Tampa Bay in a few years being good for ticket sales.

Midday on a Thursday in St. Louis, thats all you gotta say, not a huge hockey city, with no local team playing in it. I'm sure tonight will be packed for what many are calling the main event. Along with Saturday. I think the NCAA has to go to more hockey towns even if it does give some advantage to specific teams. Just not for conference tournaments (Final Five). I can't see Tampa Bay in a few years being good for ticket sales.

It would be an advantage providing the teams make it that far. That's the challenge. Regional would be elsewhere. I agree that they have to go to cities near colleges with actual contender teams. Tampa Bay will probably be a lousy site, like Anaheim back in '99 or whatever year it was.

Yeah, you'd think they would have learned their lesson with the Anahiem experiment.

Haha! I wish! Home is about an hour away so I'd miss all the good stuff. I can get home in time for the Sioux game but I don't want to watch it alone...so I'm going to a baseball game. :D

Yeah.....I'll watch it alone. Sioux hockey...there is no substitute!

Melrose apparently thinks North Dakota is playing! :lol:

EDIT: On top of it, it was an inaccurate statement regarding North Dakota, as he stated that North Dakota doesn't have the PP numbers that Maine does, but apparently, we did okay against Notre Dame. :D

It would be an advantage providing the teams make it that far. That's the challenge. Regional would be elsewhere. I agree that they have to go to cities near colleges with actual contender teams. Tampa Bay will probably be a lousy site, like Anaheim back in '99 or whatever year it was.

But say they went to the Ralph (hypothetically), win or lose for the Sioux we would all still be there regardless of who is in it for the good hockey.

Same thing goes for places like:

United Center (WCHA, CCHA)

MSG (Hockey East)

Back in Columbus

Arent't they doing Ford Field too (Great site IMO)

And though it will never happen a Canadian city would be a sold out crowd no matter what.

Also Vegas would get a lot of fans of college hockey to travel IMO.