SiouxSports.com Forum

Does UND plan on getting new fb uniforms?

johnnyroyale

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those uniforms are hideous, and I'm not just saying so because I dislike that particular team. I actually liked the look of their old uniforms.

I agree. The new Bison uniforms suck. The old ones were pretty nice. The more basic the football uniform, they better. Which uniforms are considered the best in major college FB? Notre Dame, Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan, etc. They all have something in common, they are simple. UND's current uniform is just fine, other than maybe the whole black pants thing.

Oh and Uniwatch is awesome. I love reading it. Being a uniform geek is cool! :glare:

Those uniforms are hideous, and I'm not just saying so because I dislike that particular team. I actually liked the look of their old uniforms.

I agree, I'm a Denver Bronco fan at heart, and they are the ones that seem to start with this sword stripe down the pants, and connected to a panel rib in the jersey.....

Maybe I'm too oldschool but I like the traditional unifroms thru out the years Old Nebraska Cornhuskers, The Fighting Irish of Norte Dame, The Ohio State University....

This is a great Helmet site to browse and remember the old days...

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/index.htm

I have been infomed that UND will indeed have a new uniform this year, any one see them yet....?

Also anyone hear anything about Helmets...? Could we ever lose the interlocking ND...?

I talked to several players about the new uniforms. They are back on the drawing board as the first designs were thought to be too busy. Will be looking forward to seeing them.

I have been infomed that UND will indeed have a new uniform this year, any one see them yet....?

Also anyone hear anything about Helmets...? Could we ever lose the interlocking ND...?

I WISH we could lose the interlocking ND. Yes, UND had it first, but nationally, EVERYONE knows that logo as Notre Dame's logo. It doesn't matter who had it first. We need an original logo. Ours is perceived as being "ripped off", that is just as bad as if it actually were.

We will gain more respect as a DI institution if we get rid of the interlocking ND.

Is that like the Holy Grail of jerseys?

They're the highest quality.

How ever do the NFL teams that wear Reebok jerseys survive ....

Because Reebok, before they were bought out by Addidas, gave the NFL however many hundreds of millions to be the jersey maker.

I WISH we could lose the interlocking ND. Yes, UND had it first, but nationally, EVERYONE knows that logo as Notre Dame's logo. It doesn't matter who had it first. We need an original logo. Ours is perceived as being "ripped off", that is just as bad as if it actually were.

We will gain more respect as a DI institution if we get rid of the interlocking ND.

Yeah, especially when we play Notre Dame, people will be saying "Hey those guys ripped off Notre Dame" :)

You gain respect on the field, not with what is on your helmet. Leave it alone!!!

How about we quit talking about changing our name or uniform. Just by talking about it gives the appearance that people will accept a change to satisfy the NCAA. I for one will not!!!
Your point is understood, but the name/uniform choice would not at all please the NCAA or PC police, which is part of the intended irony.

I have said this many times before. I am glad someone else agrees. We may have used the logo first but it will never be thought of on a national scale as being our logo. With the move to DI, it is the perfect time to begin using a logo that will be original to the University of North Dakota.

FlameLogo1.gif