SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Bulldogs (Q'sQ'sQ'sQ's)

01grad

I don't know how the players can control their nerves when I can't and I'm not even playing. Eventhough I know the final score will be a 5-3 Sioux win, it's still tough to wait with this much anticipation. Is anybody going to Tom Reid's on Wednesday night? I heard that there is a kickoff party for the tournament, is that right? I was just wondering who everybody else will be cheering for in the other games? We all know that the Sioux will win the entire thing, but who would you like to see them go up against for an exciting matchup, not just an easy win? Also, who do you think will get the start in net for the dawgs, the rookie or the veteran? Has anybody heard? One last thing, where are most of you sitting in the arena so I can get an idea of where the majority of the Sioux fans will be? We are 10 rows up penalty box side center ice, all games. I wish Virg Foss would write some more articles for us to read online in the GF Hearld to preview the tourney and give us the inside scoop. I will try to wait for your answers. It's amazing how hooked on this stuff we all are (Hockey and the Sioux). I used to think people like this were nuts, but here I am. This is a greater addiction psychologically and physically than Heroin.

:D

Hey I'm in Section 117 row 16. I think you are in the row also. The fans are usually on the West end of the arena behind the goalie. Thats where they have been in the past. You heading down to Reid's on Wednesday? There is no way I can because I'm suspecting rough days ahead of me this weekend.

We are also in 117 row 10. That is great to know that we will have some Sioux fans in our sections. I am not sure if we are going to Reids on Wedenesday yet or not because I don't know the details of what is going on yet. Hopefully some other people out there can answer some of these questions for me. Some people keep saying that the final five doesn't matter and all they care about are the NCAA's. I don't agree with this at all, sure it is the ultimate goal, but, I think that every chance the Sioux have to be honored and make an impression in college hockey is very important to the school and those who love the team. Maybe that's the whole reason I fell in love with the Sioux is because that is our only D-1 sport as it is the same for many other college hockey teams and I want to see them do good every chance they get to represent our school and pride we have in it. So those of you who are saying it doesn't matter, it does matter to some of us, especially those that are going because we can't afford the tickets or the trip to the big dance each year.

Tom Reid's is over Rated....Go to Wild Tymes. Here is the Link to the Map

http://www.qwestdex.com/servlet/ActionServ...ngID=2915&from=

Also, On Sat Afternoon, When the Gophers are playing in the Championship Game, Before the Game we will be TailGating, come join us.

Here is the Link for that Info

http://www.prideonice.com/chat/viewthread....d=5542&sec_id=2

I will be at the Final Five cheering on the Sioux. However, I'm not sure where I'll be sitting because a friend of mine has my tickets. I'm bringing my digital camera along. Is anyone else here riding down on Al Pearson's bus?

I'll be on the lookout for other Sioux fans and I hope to meet up with you at the local watering holes. drink_beer.gif

sioux_win.jpg

good_work.jpg

I'll try to find you, dagies. I'll be wearing my black Sioux jersey with the geometric logo. No name or number on the back. Look for an overweight guy, 6 feet tall, gray hair and thick glasses carrying a dark gray Nikon digital camera.

If I can find out where my seats are tomorrow, I'll post the information here.

I'd say the Sioux win by 2! I say this because I was fortunate enough to go to the game on Sunday when I returned to GF, and I saw a team that was scrambling to win! I really don't want to see our team scrambling, but right now I'll settle! To me, this means that they realize that they've lost some of that spark, and they're "scrambling" to win at any expense! As we all know (of the whole season at the Ralph), the REFFING SUCKS! Shmidt, Shephard, Adams, Mason???Who cares...they all suck!

I'm not blaming losses on reffing, but jeeper's creeper's......what the hell is going on in the WCHA this year....namely in the Ralph??? After following my son's team, and seeing how the reffing "might" try to determine a game....I had to think (again) that the ref's suck! I mean SUCK!

Anyone know who will be reffing on Thursday? Please inform me, I can't imagine any of our normal's reffing....or UND will be playing 7 on 5 the entire game....Like always!!! Is it legal for a ref to wear the jersey of an opposing team??? IF IT IS, I'M SURE WE'LL SEE IT THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it's been tough for our skill guys to get any room, but I think it's a little lame to be complaining about officiating, especially before the game has even started.

The Sioux have to go out and score more goals than the opponent ... whatever the ref does ... whatever the ice condition is ... however hot the other goalie is. In the 2000 title game, the officiating seemed to be tilted pretty heavily to BC, but the team overcame it and pulled out the win.

Remember also that playoff hockey is about tight defense. You don't generally win unless you have a body on each of the other team's skill guys. Considering how physical the Sioux defensemen are, I wouldn't be hoping for a game to be called too closely. The line between "tight checking" and "clutch and grab" can be hard to pin down, and usually moves about depending on which team one is cheering for. I guess what I mean is that, when it comes to hockey, ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

PCM:

I'm going down to St. Paul on Al's bus. When I talked to him at the beginning of the week, he was lining up in the neighborhood of 75 tickets. Not all ticketholders will be on the bus for sure but the more Sioux fans at the X, the better. I'll be bringing my road-luck frog which should also work for supposedly neutral sites. Will you be bringing the shoes?

Before I saw Zach Parise mugged game in and game out, I, too, said to myself that when the officiating is going against us, the boys have to skate through that crap. But, I'm starting to change my tune. Sometimes, the officiating just plain sucks. The referees got their marching orders at the beginning of the season to call obstruction--obstruction hooking, obstruction holding, etc. You'd think that would be mean the death of the clutch and grab game in the WCHA. But, no. I know the referees have a very tough, thankless job to do and, when they are in position, have a much better angle on play than I do from my seat in the corner. But some of the non-calls are enough to make me lose my religion.

Considering how physical the Sioux defensemen are, I wouldn't be hoping for a game to be called too closely.

....................unless your #2 for UND. lately, Greene can't even make a legit psyical play on an opposing player without getting called for roughing, etc...........

I've got a couple tickets in section 112 row 13. Belfour I think we may be heading to Wild tymes as well, but I won't be bringing any goofer T-shirts to burn. The last time I touched one (to burn it for good luck Sunday night) I had to take a shower afterwards...yuck :D I think the team will knock off Duluth without our help on Thursday, Friday they may need some help however!

Will you be bringing the shoes?

I will be wearing "the shoes" all weekend. If they work on the road as well as they do at home, between your frog and my shoes, the Sioux can't lose. :D I look forward to meeting you on the bus.

This is great how you all have lucky superstitions. We did too at UND. We would light a candle on a shrine of newspaper clippings and pucks. We would walk through the tunnel under Columbia Ave. on the way to games and rub the Sioux logo for good luck. I remember when people vandalized it and we surprisingly lost one game that weekend. Is that geometric logo still there, do they have the new one or aren't they painted there anymore. We also would play what we called the hockey song, for who knows what reason which was the Beastie Boys song "Whacha Whacha Whacha Want" I think? It was on their old grand royal CD that was maroon. We also would wear the lucky green jerseys and sit by the glass and be heavily drunk, this would help the Sioux win. We were about as superstitious as Kollar, how he needed to be the last one off the ice for pregame warm-ups, remember that in the final five that year? These were just fun traditions that we did and we had faith that the team would win on their own, but those just make for fun memories now. I don't think waiting in line is as much fun as it used to be from what I have seen. I miss the old arena, but the new one is nice to visit as a graduate. I still want to go up there and cut out one of the old green or white seats, or have they decided what they are going to do with it now, possibly basketball. I think we should use it for playoff games to create some noise and make it easier to heckle opponents again. Let's go SIOUX!!! :D