SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Bulldogs (Q'sQ'sQ'sQ's)

01grad

PCM:

Our current quarrel over Siouxrock notwithstanding, I also look forward to meeting you on Al's bus. You are one of my favorite posters. I laughed so hard people wondered where I'd gotten the nitrous oxide when I read your comment, one-upping others who claimed to have known of Zach Parise's merit way back when, that you wrote his birth announcement. If you haven't gone with Pearson on the road before, you are in for a treat. If you have frequented Al's bus, you probably know how to find a good bailbondsman in any town in America.

I'm bringing my digital camera along.

Now this may be just water cooler talk, but someone said they heard no cameras are going to be allowed. (security thing??) PLEASE! DON'T GO CRAZY! Like I said, it's quite possibly just a rumor... Anyone else heard similar things?

I'm one of the people getting tickets through Al, but not riding on the bus, so I don't know where I'm sitting yet. But hey, if you see a blonde wearing a black Sioux jersey, say hi! Even if it's not me, it'll give some of you guys an excuse to talk to some girls. :D

The referees got their marching orders at the beginning of the season to call obstruction--obstruction hooking, obstruction holding, etc.

Sadly, by the end of the season they were back to marching to the old clutch-and-grab is OK beat. Watch a few minutes of an NHL game on TV. There is far less obstruction in the NHL these days when compared to any of the DU/UND games last weekend.

In a way I believe it to be an advantage. If UND is shipped to an eastern regional where C&G is not as common and called more often, think how light the guys will feel without an extra 200 pounds attached to them. :):D

YaneA:

Gosh, I didn't even know we were quarrelling. :) Well, for the sake of team unity, I'll admit that you're right. After nearly 22 years of marriage, that's one thing I've learned how to do. ;)

I've never been on one of Al's buses, but I've heard stories. I'm really looking forward to this trip. I'm especially looking forward to sitting in the stands with other Sioux fans, wearing my Sioux jersey and cheering on UND. I don't have to act like an unbiased, unemotional, objective observer sitting in the press box, worrying about who gets assists and penalties. It's time to stand up and cheer for North Dakota!

The last and only Final Five I've been to was at the Xcel Energy Center two years ago. That's when the Sioux played SCSU for the championship. There weren't many Sioux fans around where we were sitting, but when Travis Roche scored the goal that sent the game into overtime, a male UND student wearing a Sioux jersey like mine came running down our row and gave me a big hug. Somehow, I don't think I'll ever forget that. :D

Thanks for your kind words about my posts. I enjoy reading yours, too.

bertibm,

Do you know anything about the camera policy at the X? Are fans allowed to bring cameras in? If you don't know, could you check and let me know?

I imagine that in light of hostilities in Iraq, they may tighten up restrictions on what can be brought in. I don't want to try to bring in my digital camera if it's not being allowed.

Thanks.

Do you know anything about the camera policy at the X? Are fans allowed to bring cameras in? If you don't know, could you check and let me know?

This based on first hand experience at the recent Devils/Wild game--a friend of mine brought her camera/gear:

You can bring in cameras...but not the long detachable lenses (I am SO not a camera user, so don't hammer me for not knowing a shutter from a nutterbutter) that allow for close ups. They'll look into your camera bag and if its too big of a lens, you have to go to the Customer Service area and check it. Pain in the arse if you're in a hurry. Also, if your bag is 'too big', ie gets anywhere near the size of a backpack, you're asking for trouble.

, if you see a blonde wearing a black Sioux jersey, say hi! >>>>

It's just my luck that I'll be turning 21 right after the hockey season.....

Forecheck...are you the blond that I got the ticket for when the Sioux played at Mariucci.....and we met at Sterbs with matching Gopher fans tagging along? :D

Forecheck...are you the blond that I got the ticket for when the Sioux played at Mariucci.....and we met at Sterbs with matching Gopher fans tagging along? :D

Yeah! ;) I didn't know you posted on here. I just keep running into you....lucky you huh? Don't answer that. :)

They have the right to deny camera use as they see fit, but not the authority to keep your personal property for violating their internal policies. You could get your camera back if they threatened to or tried to keep it.

You might/could face other punishments though, such as a snakeburn on your wrist :D (or restrictions on ability to purchase/attend events at the X).

I don't know for certain, but I believe that I will be in section 105 about half way down. I think that's where we sat when I was at the Final Five two years ago. My friend who bought the tickets said we were in the same seats that we had back then.