SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux hockey gatherings around the country

hky

Just spoke with ESPN Zone in Chicago (located at 43 E. Ohio St.). The guy told me that they'd be playing all three of the games from the FF this weekend. So that's where I'll be...probably all day... They open at 11am, close at 11pm.

If anyone else is planning to go and isn't familiar with Chicago, I'd suggest taking the El train downtown. 1. Construction on 90/94...don't even go near it. 2. Parking downtown...enough said. 3. $2 gets you anywhere you want to go (as opposed to $15-20 for parking).

And sorry for my cynicism...its just based on my previous experiences. Hopefully I see a little bit of green on Thursday (and Saturday)!

I'll be there for the Thursday game, but I may not get there until close to game time. I'll either be wearing a brown sports coat or a green Sioux jersey, depending on whether I have time to change. If you see me, come say hi.

We are people in Fargo going to watch?

Playmakers has $15 all you can drink tap beer and all you can eat chicken wings during the game!

Buffalo Wild Wings on 42nd is usually standing room only ...

I might be stupid enough to fly to Denver on Friday night so I don't have to watch the championship game by myself on Saturday. How big was the gathering last year?

I don't know man, that'd be a question for denversioux. I watched the games last year at the APT too. Fly Frontier man, come on up for a beer.

Anybody know of anything in San Francisco for the Final? Made plans along time ago to take the family there for Spring Break. I know we'll be able to watch it, it'd just be nice if there were any other Sioux fans around.

Anybody in the:

Mayville

Portland

Hatton

Buxton or

Hillsboro

areas who don't want to sit at home and watch the game alone, join us at the Top Hat Lounge in Mayville. There are numerous TVs around the bar to go with the Big Screen. If you know you are coming to join us, please let me know with a PM. I am hoping to get some people together to help make some snacks, etc. and I'd like to give the owner an idea if he should expect 5 or 45.

Anybody in the:

Mayville

Portland

Hatton

Buxton or

Hillsboro

areas who don't want to sit at home and watch the game alone, join us at the Top Hat Lounge in Mayville. There are numerous TVs around the bar to go with the Big Screen. If you know you are coming to join us, please let me know with a PM. I am hoping to get some people together to help make some snacks, etc. and I'd like to give the owner an idea if he should expect 5 or 45.

Don't forget the towns to the west of those. We watched the national semis there two years ago when the Sioux beat the Goofs. :silly:

I don't know man, that'd be a question for denversioux. I watched the games last year at the APT too. Fly Frontier man, come on up for a beer.

It was a decent sized gathering, but it was planned by the alumni. I guess I should say it was decent sized for a Thursday afternoon game. Since there has been nothing planned this year, it seems like every man for themselves, which is kinda lame

I wonder if someday there will be really good sports bars with great TVs & even the individual booth TVs (I like those - was in a good one on North Hill in Minot)) & lap tops too - So Fans can come here & have Fun during the Games