SiouxSports.com Forum

Torn... to make the trip to St.L or not?

UNDLAW

I have the green light from the wife to go to St. Louis for the Frozen Four (would be driving from Minneapolis to St. Louis next Wednesday or Thursday) but my normal hockey pals here in the cities either just had a baby or can't get off of work. In any event, I would probably drive alone and just meet up with folks in St.L at this point in time.

Anyone else here on ss.com mulling last minute plans to travel to St.L from MSP? Those with existing hotel plans close to the FF would be a plus!

Open ears (i.e. actually eyes I guess...).

I have the green light from the wife to go to St. Louis for the Frozen Four (would be driving from Minneapolis to St. Louis next Wednesday or Thursday) but my normal hockey pals here in the cities either just had a baby or can't get off of work. In any event, I would probably drive alone and just meet up with folks in St.L at this point in time.

Anyone else here on ss.com mulling last minute plans to travel to St.L from MSP? Those with existing hotel plans close to the FF would be a plus!

Open ears (i.e. actually eyes I guess...).

Phewwwww!! For a second, I thought 'Hockey Buddy' was your wife.

OK.

As of right now it appears that it will be me and another guy and possible another guy (if he can convince his girlfriend). The vehicle in question that I will be driving is a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Z71 (with DVD player) which holds 6 comfortably (and 7 if the back three are 165 or less).

If I am driving down 3 I might as well drive down 6 (again... Sioux fans only please or other fans who swear to Sioux allegiance and will have to wear one of my Sioux jerseys that entire trip to prove it).

Anyone else interested?

OK.

As of right now it appears that it will be me and another guy and possible another guy (if he can convince his girlfriend). The vehicle in question that I will bed driving is a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Z71 (with DVD player) which holds 6 comfortably (and 7 if the back tree are 165 or less).

If I am driving down 3 I might as well drive down 6 (again... Sioux fans only please or other fans who swear to Sioux allegiance and will have to wear one of my Sioux jerseys that entire trip to prove it).

Anyone else interested?

oooooooooooooooooo......tempting.

Frankly, the only people who should be trying to get out of a trip to STL for this, especially since it is relatively close to NoDak-Minnesota, are the dead, the imprisoned and 'su fans. And I'm not so sure about the dead ... Being poor is no excuse either. Stop in MSP and sell your plasma, and then do it again in St. Louis. :):glare:

If you were dumb enough to schedule a wedding for FF weekend, your spouse will cheat on you with your best friends. :silly::D:lol:

I really can't leave until like noon friday, but I am really thinking about it. I will have to get someone to cover the on call for me and a partner-although I am pretty sure I can get my sister to make the trip with me. Anyone else in this boat?

presentation that is suppose to happen that Thursday unless I can move it. I will hopefully know later tonight or tomorrow night if I can go for sure. :silly:

Ok, I still can't stop smiling.

AND... that DVD player in my Z71 will be playing the following hit shows:

1) The 1987 UND v. Michigan State National Championship Game;

2) The 1997 UND v. Boston U. National Championship Game;

3) The February 15, 1998 UND v. U. of Minnesota Game (i.e. the 5 goal miracle); and

4) The 2000 UND v. BC National Championship Game.

Now THAT is a Frozen Four road trip!

GO SIOUX!!!

I really can't leave until like noon friday, but I am really thinking about it. I will have to get someone to cover the on call for me and a partner-although I am pretty sure I can get my sister to make the trip with me. Anyone else in this boat?

Yep, lots of staff are taking that week and week end off. I can't leave until Friday night. I'll drive 5 hours to Albuquerque, spend the night and fly out to St.Louie Saturday morning! Just in time for Championship game. Then fly back to Abq.

What time is the championship game?

Man, you better get that figured out soon.... I really need to know!!! Thanks :glare:

I am working on that, blame professors who don't check their e-mail and reply to people. I will know by tomorrow at 5pm for sure.

and instead of going home for Easter if I go, I will be driving 13 hours in the wrong direction. Oh well.

AND... that DVD player in my Z71 will be playing the following hit shows:

1) The 1987 UND v. Michigan State National Championship Game;

2) The 1997 UND v. Boston U. National Championship Game;

3) The February 15, 1998 UND v. U. of Minnesota Game (i.e. the 5 goal miracle); and

4) The 2000 UND v. BC National Championship Game.

Now THAT is a Frozen Four road trip!

GO SIOUX!!!

i could bring '80 and '82 as well for the ride. do you have hotel rooms yet?

i could bring '80 and '82 as well for the ride. do you have hotel rooms yet?

Just booked one room at the Omni a couple of hours ago but could call to see if I could trade up to a "double" room if more are interested and - of course - I would love to see '80 and '82 as well but I thought the current schedule with Mich State being first and BC being last is poetic in that we will see the last first and - probably - the first last. In any event, got room on the bus and willing to make room in the room.

I am traveling alone from Sydney Australia via LA, Denver, Minniapolis and then the Sioux Charter from Grand Forks (if i can get a spot on the charter) but I am very excited about watching my first Sioux game live. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow. Real cool. They'll have a spot on the charter for you. Just tell 'em from where you are coming.

UNDlaw and Hrkac, I just sent both of you separte emails to your accounts on this. If you could check them that would be great.

Send again as I have a new email and it wasn't updated here or send me a PM here.

I am traveling alone from Sydney Australia via LA, Denver, Minniapolis and then the Sioux Charter from Grand Forks (if i can get a spot on the charter) but I am very excited about watching my first Sioux game live. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This guy has a great story. He is from Sydney Australia and plays some hockey over there. He apparently is traveling from Sydney to watch the Sioux and has become a Sioux fan. If he can't get on the charter and someone knows of a ride see if we can help him out. We should also try and figure out a way for him to meet some of the players or coaches. Can't say most folks would ahave had the coconuts to do this. The newspaper should track him down.

Aussie fan, keep us updated on your plans if you can. I think most Sioux fans will do our best to help out. Go Sioux.

This guy has a great story. He is from Sydney Australia and plays some hockey over there. He apparently is traveling from Sydney to watch the Sioux and has become a Sioux fan. If he can't get on the charter and someone knows of a ride see if we can help him out. We should also try and figure out a way for him to meet some of the players or coaches. Can't say most folks would ahave had the coconuts to do this. The newspaper should track him down.

Aussie fan, keep us updated on your plans if you can. I think most Sioux fans will do our best to help out. Go Sioux.

Speaking of fans...........

What's the name of the guy that meets the Sioux players every FF and waves the Sioux flag at the games? I met him in Columbus and am embarassed to have forgotten his name. I guess he has become quite an institution at FF's!

Phewwwww!! For a second, I thought 'Hockey Buddy' was your wife.

The folks traveling in the two buses Al Pearson has going are staying downtown at the Millenium. You could probably call Al and see if you can get in on his group rate...what's another room! *wink* You can call him at home at 701-775-6859.