SiouxSports.com Forum

STL

Ohjay

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a practical matter, and based on my own experience, some of the hotels offer better rates through their own sites/specials than if you try to book through the FF site. I ended up at the Omni for about $40 less/night than with the FF rates.

We should definately do a SiouxSports get together somewhere. Where better than to have one than at the Frozen Four?

Mr. HockeyMom and I will have freedom all weekend and won't have to worry about bringing our children into bad neighborhoods like the SiouxSports breakfast at the Hoggsbreath.

St. Louis Hotels

Here's the hotel page for deals with the NCAA tournament. Some really good deals out there. We're staying at the Renaissance Grand Hotel on Washington Avenue.

So assuming i procrastinated like most college students do... I am wondering what you all would say if you had to throw out an average cost of how much you think this will cost the average college student... Thanks for any replies to this as i really want to roll down there badly! Go sioux

We should definately do a SiouxSports get together somewhere. Where better than to have one than at the Frozen Four?

Mr. HockeyMom and I will have freedom all weekend and won't have to worry about bringing our children into bad neighborhoods like the SiouxSports breakfast at the Hoggsbreath.

MafiaMan got us in and out of the Hogsbreath without incident. I did have to wonder if he was going to get out though. The waitress was hot for him. :silly:

I am going!!!!!! I was in the lottery (Section 325, Row Q...not sure I can get any more nosebleed, but it's the FF!!!!), and reserved a hotel a couple months ago.

I am staying at the Drury Inn Convention Center. It's fairly close to the Arch and Laclede's Landing (supposedly a hot spot), and only 1 block from the metrolink to take me to the Arena. And according to the website, has free hot breakfast. Yeah!

I am all about a SS.com get-together. I wasn't able to attend the breakfast at the Final Five, but will be in for this.

Holy crap! Ever since I found out I got tickets to the FF I have been so worried that I jinxed the Sioux and that they wouldn't make it.

I am planning on driving down with a friend. I had originally thought about spending all of Wed. driving, but kind of want to take in all of the fun Wednesday evening, too. Have they always done the "Frozen Four Face-off Welcome Reception"? $75 seems a little steep. I think I am still too giddy from the win, and may make some rash decisions. :silly:

I ended up getting a room at the Hampton Inn- Near the Arch for $101 night. It is about 6 blocks further from the arena than where UND charter is staying. It's rated #4 out of 80-some on Tripadvisor.com. Now, to get tickets to the games!

I am definitely there! Working on hockey tickets...I ran into someone after the game last night that said he works for the St. Louis Blues organization. He gave me his number and said he could get me lower bowl tickets or a suite. Gonna call a little later and find out if it's legit.

So assuming i procrastinated like most college students do... I am wondering what you all would say if you had to throw out an average cost of how much you think this will cost the average college student... Thanks for any replies to this as i really want to roll down there badly! Go sioux

Having been to the Frozen Four the last 2 years as a college student, I would guess-timate that it will cost you approximately:

$150-200 for tickets

$100-150 for hotel/person(more people, the better)

$100-$200 for alcohol(should you drink)

$100 for extras(low-balling that)

Grand Total: $500 or so for a Frozen Four experience

Having been to the Frozen Four the last 2 years as a college student, I would guess-timate that it will cost you approximately:

$150-200 for tickets

Are you walking to STL?

Airline tickets should be better now than when I booked on NWA a few months back...The Goofer fans had all the seats taken. Should be able to get a roundtripper out of Fargo for around $500...I paid over $600....I guess that will cut into my beer budget...NOT.

$150-200 for tickets

You missed the perfect opportunity to turn that into a MasterCard commercial. :silly::glare:

Are you walking to STL?

Airline tickets should be better now than when I booked on NWA a few months back...The Goofer fans had all the seats taken. Should be able to get a roundtripper out of Fargo for around $500...I paid over $600....I guess that will cut into my beer budget...NOT.

Oh yea, I forgot about that whole transportation thing. It's Over-rated anyways. Anyways, I'm driving and this year, I estimated it will cost us $160 for gas round trip.

I am definitely there! Working on hockey tickets...I ran into someone after the game last night that said he works for the St. Louis Blues organization. He gave me his number and said he could get me lower bowl tickets or a suite. Gonna call a little later and find out if it's legit.

Hey Ms. Forecheck... My experience has been that when the Goofs are out, tickets are easy to get on the street from the scalpers at or near face value. The exception was last year when another team with a varmint for a mascot was playing in its home rink (well pretty near it home rink)...that was a tough ticket. This year will be more like Columbus where there are no college teams, etc. I'd just get them when you arrive. I'm sure they will be available...

If you don't care about being downtown and want to save some money on the hotel room, try out by the airport I got rooms for $45-$55 a night. You'll have to spend some time on the light rail system, but the way I look at it, it's more beer $.

Anybody familiar with DT St Louis? Maybe we could plan a "siouxsports.com" gathering ... or just take over a bar like good hockey fans. :silly:
For the basketball Final Four a few years back, each team was "assigned" an official bar. I'm not sure who does the assignments, but either the Alumni Association or your Department of Intercollegiate Athletics should be publicizing this very soon.

If you don't care about being downtown and want to save some money on the hotel room, try out by the airport I got rooms for $45-$55 a night. You'll have to spend some time on the light rail system, but the way I look at it, it's more beer $.

We're downtown, with walking distance of the rink. I like being in the action and partying with the Sioux fans from all over the US and Canada...I'm so ready to go now that the Sioux are in...

May I ask where?

So latest estimates for struggling college students are:

Tickets- 100-200$ depending where you sit and how good you are at getting tickets...

Gas- 150+ split (#) ways

Hotel- about 100$ per in the end with all the bs

Alcohol- This depends but I bet it will come before food for most...

Extras- 50-150$

Final cost: If you have 400 dollars you can make it happen.. and you need to be a light wieght drinker

Just got an e-mail from travelzoo. United dropping prices on midwest flights. It listed msp-STL at $88 each way. I haven't researched it too closely as I'm going to be in Vegas for the Frozen Four. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to carry cash for any ss.com members looking to place a bet. Just a small winners commission to me. :silly::glare:

Anyway here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://www.travelzoo.com/Newsflash.asp?290695

Good luck!!

Just flew back from Denver with my 7 year old daughter. She sat by Lammy's girlfreind on the flight back. What a delightful young lady. My daughter was quizzing her on who's leaving/staying. No real insight. What a fantastic weekend!! She has been beaming from ear to ear since the final horn yesterday. The Sioux support was great. Have family Easter committments in WI. so won't make it to St. Louis. One comment about Michigan. Having been there live, that team can SKATE!!! Fastest team I've seen play all year. My daughter said her throat got sore from chanting "Sieve, Sieve, ..." so much that game!!! :silly: GO SIOUX!!!!

Just flew back from Denver with my 7 year old daughter. She sat by Lammy's girlfreind on the flight back. What a delightful young lady. My daughter was quizzing her on who's leaving/staying. No real insight. What a fantastic weekend!! She has been beaming from ear to ear since the final horn yesterday. The Sioux support was great. Have family Easter committments in WI. so won't make it to St. Louis. One comment about Michigan. Having been there live, that team can SKATE!!! Fastest team I've seen play all year. My daughter said her throat got sore from chanting "Sieve, Sieve, ..." so much that game!!! :silly: GO SIOUX!!!!

I just want to be the first to say you are a very good parent and are teaching the next generation well... :glare: