SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS GOPHERS - LOSER GOES HOME, WINNER TO ST LOUIS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that was a fun weekend!!! The Sioux fans loved my Hobey Ducan shirt, the Sioux won two roller coaster games, I don't think it could have been any better. YEAH SIOUX SIOUX!

How loud was it for the Sioux? I saw lots of green and white on TV. Were other schools cheering for UND or umn-tc?

I was hoping someone would notice. :silly:

Part way into the OT, I commented to my daughter (who's in sports) about how Porter was flying out there, and how he had won the dry-land competition umpteen times in a row, and how all that hard work would pay off. (seriously)

So now I've got that going for me, which is nice.

That is my current desktop background. Thanks to Frank Mazzacco for those pics...where the heck did that come from anyway? I feel kind of bad for the fellow if he needs cash so bad he is taking pics.

Gonna make this my wallpaper at work, in an office full of Gopher fans.

How loud was it for the Sioux? I saw lots of green and white on TV. Were other schools cheering for UND or umn-tc?

Todays game was rather quite by both teams, I think everyone was just a bunch of nerves. During the Michigan game the Sioux fans were really loud I thought. Air Force got the most crowd support through the whole Regional, IMHO.

You guys are going to love this one...KARE 11 here in the cities just ran a short clip on the game as one of their lead stories with Eric Perkins.....get this....stay tuned because KARE 11 is going to show a "Gopher goal that was disallowed" later in the broadcast. I suppose this will be the BIG controversy at the water cooler tomorrow..

How bush league is that.............

Someone over on the Gopher website posted this last week. Apparently that person doesn't know the definition of Karma because it's not really Karma getting back at you when you make fun of a team for losing the biggest upset in college playoff hockey history and losing to one of the top teams in overtime on a great but fluky goal.

I'd say tonight's game is the definition of Karma for that person. It's called Karma, and yeah, it can be a bitch.

undkarma.jpg

>

Take that Gophers......

Go Sioux!!!!

You guys are going to love this one...KARE 11 here in the cities just ran a short clip on the game as one of their lead stories with Eric Perkins.....get this....stay tuned because KARE 11 is going to show a "goal that was disallowed" later in the broadcast.

How bush league is that.............

I better stay tuned....

Someone over on the Gopher website posted this last week. Apparently that person doesn't know the definition of Karma because it's not really Karma getting back at you when you make fun of a team for losing the biggest upset in college playoff hockey history and losing to one of the top teams in overtime on a great but fluky goal.

I'd say tonight's game is the definition of Karma for that person. It's called Karma, and yeah, it can be a bitch.

>

Take that Gophers......

Go Sioux!!!!

i saw that, i thought it was pretty damn funny and it worked for that weekend, now that person should make another one, clowns

und_umn_2007ncaareg_winninggoal.jpg

Three for three for Hakstol. Do we still want him?

There's a GPL "Legend" (so called by some of his faithful followers) who said when Hak was hired "I think they could have done better". Too bad we settled. :silly:

I'll give props to the Gophers though. They are dinged up and came out and played a great game. You could tell over the course of the game that we were a different team this week. Whether that's because of something we do, or dinged up Gophers, no one really knows. Sioux played great, but the Gophers put up a great game as well.

It's possible that Goligoski and Okposo's problems were the difference in the game tonite. It's hard to say. It was a great game played very well by both teams. Really, an epic battle.

I wasn't sure my heart was gonna be able to handle it...

I'm so glad to read so many comments about other people who were emotionally wrung out by this game. I was hating the idea that I was feeling THAT old.

I'm trying to figure out why Frazee wasn't down for that shot. Instead of just crouching.....thats whats so frustrating. It's tough to go top shelf from that distance!?!?

This is almost the exact same way that Lamoureux let in Johnson's goal (first of the game last week, I believe), the difference being that Johnson was shooting from outside the point. Either way, both goalies wish they had closed up their legs.

I'm working on getting the goals up. My dvd burner wouldn't finalize my disk, so I've been scowering the internet to find a program to extract the video files(which I've found). I am currently trying to burn another copy and we'll see how it comes out.

I do have to report to work by 1150, so if I can't get it done before I head to work, I'll be finishing up in the morning when I get off (6a).