SiouxSports.com Forum

women's basketball 2007-08

UND92,96

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women won big tonight against Minnesota St.

Winning big wouldn't have been my first choice of words. They had too many turnovers - 24 total and a third of them by Langen. They can't win against good teams if they play sloppy like that; they need a point guard to lead out there. It's too bad Lafrance has been injured this season; I would have liked to see what she could have done this year. She was one of the top point guards in the state since her sophomore year in high school.

Winning big wouldn't have been my first choice of words. They had too many turnovers - 24 total and a third of them by Langen. They can't win against good teams if they play sloppy like that; they need a point guard to lead out there. It's too bad Lafrance has been injured this season; I would have liked to see what she could have done this year. She was one of the top point guards in the state since her sophomore year in high school.

good teams? isnt mankato ranked like 16th in the country? the point gaurd situation is just fine, there is no way gene would switch lafrance for guinn even if lafrance was healthy! yes, they can cut down on their TO and I am sure they will be working on that tomorrow but for as sloppy as they played they still beat a pretty good mankato team!

Just to jump on the Kimbrough bandwagon for a minute...what's with the stats??? I will have to study the play by play..6 boards??... Do the stats per minutes played...she will leave everyone in the dust...Langen had huge boards tonight, but 10 minutes more playing time...easier to have better stats when you have more playing time! Glad for the Sioux win, but am baffled.

Just to jump on the Kimbrough bandwagon for a minute...what's with the stats??? I will have to study the play by play..6 boards??... Do the stats per minutes played...she will leave everyone in the dust...Langen had huge boards tonight, but 10 minutes more playing time...easier to have better stats when you have more playing time! Glad for the Sioux win, but am baffled.

I think the stat that most everyone cares about is ...19-1

According to the boxscore, Langen played 36 minutes last night. That must be a career high? Pretty impressive. Also, more impressively, she's within striking distance of Jenny Crouse's career rebounding record, and is just 26 points behind Sheri Kleinsasser for number two all-time in career scoring. In my opinion, her career has exceeded all reasonable expectations.

According to the boxscore, Langen played 36 minutes last night. That must be a career high? Pretty impressive. Also, more impressively, she's within striking distance of Jenny Crouse's career rebounding record, and is just 26 points behind Sheri Kleinsasser for number two all-time in career scoring. In my opinion, her career has exceeded all reasonable expectations.

Can't deny that. She has played at a very high level for 4 years.

good teams? isnt mankato ranked like 16th in the country? the point gaurd situation is just fine, there is no way gene would switch lafrance for guinn even if lafrance was healthy! yes, they can cut down on their TO and I am sure they will be working on that tomorrow but for as sloppy as they played they still beat a pretty good mankato team!

I should have clarified myself and said better teams. I was thinking of top 10 teams that will have a chance at nationals; Mankato is nowhere near winning nationals.

Not a word was said about replacing Guinn, either. I just would like to have seen Lafrance get some playing time out there against a press because of her court vision. Five-time defending state champions, Mandan, who is infamous for their defense and pressing the heck out of teams, did not press against her because she was so good at breaking it single-handedly.

I'd like to also comment on Kimbrough's play last night. She played so well on both ends of the court, but only shot the ball five times and still managed 17 points! Aside from Langen's eight turnovers, she also played exceptional!

I should have clarified myself and said better teams. I was thinking of top 10 teams that will have a chance at nationals; Mankato is nowhere near winning nationals.

Not a word was said about replacing Guinn, either. I just would like to have seen Lafrance get some playing time out there against a press because of her court vision. Five-time defending state champions, Mandan, who is infamous for their defense and pressing the heck out of teams, did not press against her because she was so good at breaking it single-handedly.

I'd like to also comment on Kimbrough's play last night. She played so well on both ends of the court, but only shot the ball five times and still managed 17 points! Aside from Langen's eight turnovers, she also played exceptional!

Kimbrough is an excellent player no doubt about that, but to say that she played well on both ends of the court is absurd. She was terrible defensively last night, and most nights. She is a great offensive threat, but is definitely a liability on the defensive end of the floor.

Kimbrough is an excellent player no doubt about that, but to say that she played well on both ends of the court is absurd. She was terrible defensively last night, and most nights. She is a great offensive threat, but is definitely a liability on the defensive end of the floor.

I know you never said Guinn's name personally but you did say "they need a point guard to lead out there. It's too bad Lafrance has been injured this season" anyone could take that as a "replace Guinn remark"

Kimbrough was 7-10 from the free throw line. So she shot the ball 10 times. The perimeter players getting the ball to the posts is poor. Seay is really poor at seeing the post. Dont know if she is afraid of turning it over or what. She is playing well except for that.

Ditto....I think she is even verble about her switches,which other players droppped...Don't blocked shots and defensive rebounds count as defense? but has such a bad rep about D...quite sure other teams would LOVE to have her as a liability and quite sure they didn't recruit her for her defense.

Ditto....I think she is even verble about her switches,which other players droppped...Don't blocked shots and defensive rebounds count as defense? but has such a bad rep about D...quite sure other teams would LOVE to have her as a liability and quite sure they didn't recruit her for her defense.

We were talking great players. I dont believe you can be the best player if you are poor on defense. She does not verbal switches doesnt step in to stop penetration and positions poorly on the posts. She has been pulled out of games for not playing defense. You can not just outscore your man and call it defense. I did not say i don't like her on the team.

Hmmmmm-named NCC player of the week-I'd say that it wasn't "absurd" that she played well on both ends of the court :lol: Nice job Kierah!

NCC Link

Hmmmmm-named NCC player of the week-I'd say that it wasn't "absurd" that she played well on both ends of the court :lol: Nice job Kierah!

NCC Link

Awards are based on numbers. Just because you rebounded the ball well does not mean your playing well defensively. Its kind of like Ortiz for the Red Sox. He is terrible defensively, but puts up huge numbers and has been recognized for this many times, but this is why he is the DH. She did play better on the defensive end of the floor over the weekend though. I will give her that.

• 3 weeks later...

With tonight's loss, it's all but assured that UND will fail to win the NCC, and not host the regional, for the first time since the 2003-04 season. I guess we can only hope that the Sioux will be able to do to USD what St. Cloud did to us a couple years ago--get swept during the regular season, but come back to win the third meeting in the regional.

It's my opinion that many may have thought the USD win up in Grand Forks was sort of a fluke. I think the game tonight certainly verifies that it wasn't. UND does/did some things very well but one thing that is perhaps underrated is USD's will to win. I have never seen a USD womens team play as hard as this one does. There may have been more talented teams but not harder working teams. I didn't look at the stats but USD seemed to hold their own quite well on the boards. As I was watching the game I was thinking to myself what a pleasure it was to watch as high of a level of ball that was being played. UND played a good game but the Yotes were relentless in pursuit of victory tonight. UND is a very good basketball team like usual. USD loses alot of talent and their coach but from what I saw both of these schools are certainly ready to be competitive in D1. Mens ball may very well be a different story.

It's my opinion that many may have thought the USD win up in Grand Forks was sort of a fluke. I think the game tonight certainly verifies that it wasn't. UND does/did some things very well but one thing that is perhaps underrated is USD's will to win. I have never seen a USD womens team play as hard as this one does. There may have been more talented teams but not harder working teams. I didn't look at the stats but USD seemed to hold their own quite well on the boards. As I was watching the game I was thinking to myself what a pleasure it was to watch as high of a level of ball that was being played. UND played a good game but the Yotes were relentless in pursuit of victory tonight. UND is a very good basketball team like usual. USD loses alot of talent and their coach but from what I saw both of these schools are certainly ready to be competitive in D1. Mens ball may very well be a different story.

You should be very proud of the accomplishments of your team. Congrats from all of us here at this board. One thing........................"We'll be back!!!" :lol:

You should be very proud of the accomplishments of your team. Congrats from all of us here at this board. One thing........................"We'll be back!!!" :lol:

The sioux got out played and out coached by USD. USD has our number because we play the same all the time. No accountability,lack of energy and too many turnovers at critical times. Kimbrough only played 25 minutes and she was 10 for 14 why... Seay played scared and senior Beck played scared and had too many turnovers.This is crunch time I think Coach Roebuck needs to figure it out. I heard Tubby Smith say last week that his team has had too many tournovers and lacked energy and that he was going to make some changes boy does that sound familiar. We will be OK just need alittle adjustment.

Don't sweat it too bad UND fans. You guys have multiple national titles in hockey and womens basketball and even a title in football. I would love to have that kind of resume attached to USD sports. I am really still waiting to witness just a team down in Vermillion come close to winning a national title. As a fan I am very hungry to see some serious success and the Womens team is really our last shot before the jump to D1.

Good luck the rest of the way.

The sioux got out played and out coached by USD. USD has our number because we play the same all the time. No accountability,lack of energy and too many turnovers at critical times. Kimbrough only played 25 minutes and she was 10 for 14 why... Seay played scared and senior Beck played scared and had too many turnovers.This is crunch time I think Coach Roebuck needs to figure it out. I heard Tubby Smith say last week that his team has had too many tournovers and lacked energy and that he was going to make some changes boy does that sound familiar. We will be OK just need alittle adjustment.

Kimbrough averaged almost 30 minutes per conference game last season and this year she is averaging about 5 minutes less PER game. The scoring stats are about the same which is impressive considering less playing time and rebounds are down slightly. I've read here that she has asthma, so has it gotten worse since last year or is there something else going on...I too do not understand leaving a leading scorer on the bench.

Defense...Defense...Defense...Defense...Defense............................

That argument is getting a liitle old. When you're only playing 25 minutes per game..you're not the one losing it on defense...even if you can still score. Look at the stats...sitting Kimbrough isn't working..especially against USD! She does...I'd hope you'd agree...provide offense.