• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just 51 days until the first exhibition game !

Spuds, I think you may be confused the girl in discussion is not a transfer, she is a local high school girl that will be signing somewhere I would guess this November. I have talked with several Coaches and players from different schools and there was much disapointment in the women's NCAA trny after having moved the games to neutral sites, at many locations the games were played in front of mostly empty arenas. This is not a great atmosphere, it contrast the NIT which UND will be eligible to play in was still played on teams home floors and the crowds were much better throughout.

Which is more fun going to a Big Ten school and qualifying to play in front of a couple of thousand in a 15K seat arena or playing in front of a crowd in a sold out or close to arena which many of the NIT games were.

Which is more fun going to a Big Ten school and qualifying to play in front of a couple of thousand in a 15K seat arena or playing in front of a crowd in a sold out or close to arena which many of the NIT games were.

Spudshockey was referring to UND's transfer (reclassification) to DI, which will harm recruiting because of UND's postseason ineligibility. The NIT is a postseason option (assuming the NCAA doesn't have it in for us with the nickname), but we would need to have a top 80 (or higher) RPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than a Month till tip off of the first exhibition game. Anyone seen any workouts this fall? What or who do we expect to take over the point. I hope Jossy Bergen is ready if it is her. Is everyone healthy?

I see on the roster we have a juco transfer from Lake Region, Samantha Brekke, anyone know much about her, I hadn't heard anything about her before seeing her on the roster, so I assume she is a walkon.

What about the NCAA going from 15 to 13 scholarships in D1 for women, this may help during the transition as more players will not get gobbled up by the big programs. However I don't think it is the right thing to do as a whole. Basketball is the only women's sport that really draws attendance and should be rewarded so.

Less than a Month till tip off of the first exhibition game. Anyone seen any workouts this fall? What or who do we expect to take over the point. I hope Jossy Bergen is ready if it is her. Is everyone healthy?

I see on the roster we have a juco transfer from Lake Region, Samantha Brekke, anyone know much about her, I hadn't heard anything about her before seeing her on the roster, so I assume she is a walkon.

What about the NCAA going from 15 to 13 scholarships in D1 for women, this may help during the transition as more players will not get gobbled up by the big programs. However I don't think it is the right thing to do as a whole. Basketball is the only women's sport that really draws attendance and should be rewarded so.

I believe Jossy most likely will be the starting point guard. With regard to Brekke, she's the daughter of current co-acting UND a.d. Steve Brekke, who was a great player for UND in the early 80's. I'm pretty sure she'll red-shirt this year.

3 weeks from today the women have their first exhibition, I don't think they can start official practice till the 15th, doesn't give them much time. The first games aren't till a month after the 15th however.

The Men have no exhibition games this year, what's up with that? Last year they had a couple of exhibitions against Big 10 teams.

Has anyone seen the girls playing this fall? Should we expect any of the freshman to see much playing time this winter?

3 weeks from today the women have their first exhibition, I don't think they can start official practice till the 15th, doesn't give them much time. The first games aren't till a month after the 15th however.

The Men have no exhibition games this year, what's up with that? Last year they had a couple of exhibitions against Big 10 teams.

Has anyone seen the girls playing this fall? Should we expect any of the freshman to see much playing time this winter?

This is just my opinion, but I would kind of expect LaFrance to back up Jossy at the point. As for the other newcomers, I would expect them to probably red-shirt, or else play very little except for in mop-up time.