SiouxSports.com Forum

Regional Scores

brianvf

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I think the kids 35 and under probably don't know too much about Iron Madien. Its a shame you don't hear the good music anymore.

They need some Ozzy Ozborne, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Posion, Juda Priest and some other good 1980's music.

Well at my school 70's music is pretty popular. Bunch of kids wearing Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, and The Doors shirts. But then again I'm not to sure whether or not they just liked the design on the shirt or they are a fan of the music. :)

Only thing I think the kids 35 and under probably don't know too much about Iron Madien. Its a shame you don't hear the good music anymore.

They need some Ozzy Ozborne, Kiss, Bon Jovi, Posion, Juda Priest and some other good 1980's music.

Accept, Dokken and Krokus would be nice too. They play parts of "Turbo Lover" and "You Got Another Thing Coming" at the MSU Mankato Maverick games and I don't think many of the players, students or cheerleaders were even born when those songs came out. It makes me feel pretty old. From what I understand the 80's music, 80's rock music in particular, is relatively popular among 18 to 25 year-olds. It's not too hard to get sick quickly of that R&B crap. BRING BACK MTV X

how can cn8 tell where you are located..what a joke.

Your computer has an IP address that identifies your location when you are searching on the internet. Haven't you ever been to a website with advertising for the area you live and wondered, hey, how did they know I lived in this area? They use your IP address and so does CN8.TV.

no they need a loud blast of SLAYER.........

Thats what i figured but wow, talking about going out of your way to prevent a couple hundred people from viewing the game... :)

someone said earlier that they live in Boston and they aren't able to get the games either so I think CN8 is having problems or something?

This has been explained in the Regional T.V. thread...reading doesn't hurt :)

ESPN owns the rights to the broadcast. They can do anything they want with those rights. Fox Sports North bought rights to specific games, including the UND game(s) from ESPN. They had to state exactly what they were going to do with those games and can't do anything more than is in the contract. Midco negotiated with FSN to show the UND game live on Saturday in selected areas. That does not include the right to include the broadcast on FTA or for any webcasts.

FSSN games are normally available on FTA systems because that is how Midco and WDAZ distribute the broadcast to the various outlets. FSSN owns those rights so they can distribute them any way they want. They have also included webcasts in that distribution plan for some of the games that they control. ESPN and the NC$$ control the rights for tournament games and they will not allow them to be distributed on FTA systems or on webcasts where they can't get the money for those broadcasts. Bottom line is, unless someone announces another deal the game will only be available on tape delay in the Twin Cities.

This has been explained in the Regional T.V. thread...reading doesn't hurt :)

Which once again proves how sh**ty the NCAA is and how espn, i wish, didn't exist anymore. They are antihockey for the most part and still have these rights :) makes me laugh. But im sure glad they have scrabble and billiard sports on all the time!