SiouxSports.com Forum

Breaking News - Denver Regional

mujack

I guess the NCAA has decided to change the venue to the excel energy in St. Paul as the goofers would rather play there then going to Denver.

Loved when Fox was interviewing wheeler after the game he talked about how well min fans travel? (across the river to the X?:D?)

I want the goofers on neutral ice.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first with a tough and storied Michigan team.

Assuming the Sioux take care of business, and the Gophers manage to escape their history of collapse,

a Sioux-Gophers game in Denver will be great. Here is saying that the Sioux would roar back and drill

the Goofies should that matchup materialize.

Wheeler's comment about the Gopher fans travelling well is funny. They do, but nothing

like do the fans from any number of other schools, including of course North Dakota and

Michigan Tech.

Michigan will watch last night's game for ideas on how to play and beat UND, but if Michigan gives us an inch, I think we'll be able to take a mile.

Michigan is pretty solid defensively but Sauer is still a question mark in goal. They are also fairly inconsistent on offense (except for Hensick). We will need to nullify TJ Hensick if we are going to expect anything good regardless.

Also, Michigan is an older and more experienced team than UND is.

That being said, I just don't see them having an answer to the DOT line if we can get them going.

Michigan will watch last night's game for ideas on how to play and beat UND, but if Michigan gives us an inch, I think we'll be able to take a mile.

Michigan is pretty solid defensively but Sauer is still a question mark in goal. They are also fairly inconsistent on offense (except for Hensick). We will need to nullify TJ Hensick if we are going to expect anything good regardless.

That being said, I just don't see them having an answer to the DOT line if we can get them going.

I'm assuming they're older and more experienced because of the players we lost last summer. If I remember correctly, when the two teams met, they were pretty much the same as far as age and experience went.

I'm assuming they're older and more experienced because of the players we lost last summer. If I remember correctly, when the two teams met, they were pretty much the same as far as age and experience went.

Yes. However, I think they have more upperclassmen than we do, but I could be wrong.

Yes. However, I think they have more upperclassmen than we do, but I could be wrong.

So basically, you were stating something you were unsure of. :D

Here's how it breaks down as far as class:

Michigan has 6 seniors, 2 juniors, 11 sophomores, and 7 freshman

North Dakota has 3 seniors, 5 juniors, 12 sophomores and 5 freshman (which was 6 freshman before Bishop left).

It's pretty even regarding leadership and experience goes. They have a few more seniors than we do, but we have junior leadership too.

Minnesota fans do not travel well at all. You heard no end of griping when the Final Five was held in Milwaukee in 1996 and 1998. In my opinion, that is a more fun trip. Unless a game is held in Mecca (Twin Cities), they bitch. They should move the Final Five around at least between Madison/Milwaukee and St. Paul.

goofer fans travel well that is hilarious .........just when you know they are idiots they prove it again by saying something like that!

If goofer fans traveled well the state wouldn't have any fans (fans - just a phrase they are not hockey FANS) left in it because they wouldn't find the way home.

goofer fans are the most arrogant, foul mouthed, ignorant about hockey, say anything stupid to an opposing fan, fools as there is!

countless goofer fans proved it again last night from the time we left our seats until we got onto the freeway .............. #1 bush league fans UMTC

and yes the rouser is the worst so called cheer in all of sports soda soda soda soda soda

How old is an "older" college hockey player? 25? 27? Even if a team is heavy on Frosh and Sophs, rarely are they 18 and 19 year olds anymore.

How old is an "older" college hockey player? 25? 27? Even if a team is heavy on Frosh and Sophs, rarely are they 18 and 19 year olds anymore.

You are wrong. Jonathan Toews is a sophomore and does not even turn 18 until the end of April! Both he and Joe Finley would have been high school seniors during their freshman years of college at UND if they did not accelerate their educations. There are many 18 or 19 year old freshman that went directly from HS to UND---Taylor Chorney, Brian Lee, Zach Parise and many more.

I have watched a few Michigan games this year and I would have to say that their defense is going to be the big question. Of the 3-4 games I have seen 2 of the contest were games where there opponent scored 6-7 goals. Their goalie is average, but the defensemen infront of him can either come in and shut you down, or more commonly they tend to make big mistakes and give up 4-5 goals. That being said they also have a potent offense that can make up for allowing that many goals. I think if UND's defense is on and Lammy plays like he can, UND will hurt them (7-3).

You are wrong. Jonathan Toews is a sophomore and does not even turn 18 until the end of April! Both he and Joe Finley would have been high school seniors during their freshman years of college at UND if they did not accelerate their educations. There are many 18 or 19 year old freshman that went directly from HS to UND---Taylor Chorney, Brian Lee, Zach Parise and many more.

Wrong about what? I made no statement about the roster of UND specifically, yet why are you defending it? It's not necessary. In as much as you apparently thought I was using UND as an example, I should have been more clear. My reference was that, in general, given there are more players with junior experience, it is difficult to determine the age of a player by their eligibility year.

I guess the NCAA has decided to change the venue to the excel energy in St. Paul as the goofers would rather play there then going to Denver.

Loved when Fox was interviewing wheeler after the game he talked about how well min fans travel? (across the river to the X?;)?)

I want the goofers on neutral ice.

Quit whining!

Toews turns 19 in April, not 18.

goofer fans are the most arrogant, foul mouthed, ignorant about hockey, say anything stupid to an opposing fan, fools as there is!

countless goofer fans proved it again last night from the time we left our seats until we got onto the freeway .............. #1 bush league fans UMTC

and yes the rouser is the worst so called cheer in all of sports soda soda soda soda soda

That is so true, the crap I saw this year re-afirms this we also had three of the worst Goofer fans possibly in the world, my buddies wife almost beat the crap out of them and she is a Gopher fan. I also never want to hear a Gopher fan ever lecture a Sioux fans about being a Halos again because the claims of the Gopher fans not complaining about the officating is no true, they are the biggest whinners I have ever seen. The calls in the game were bad both ways but the Gopher fans apparently think that you can't check a gopher or give them a penalty. This one clown that sat behind us is going to have an a heart attack the man bitched about everything, the reffing the fans around him, the refs again, every period intermission he was complaining to who ever about anything. I was going to ask him why he even bothered coming to the games.

I have watched a few Michigan games this year and I would have to say that their defense is going to be the big question. Of the 3-4 games I have seen 2 of the contest were games where there opponent scored 6-7 goals. Their goalie is average, but the defensemen infront of him can either come in and shut you down, or more commonly they tend to make big mistakes and give up 4-5 goals. That being said they also have a potent offense that can make up for allowing that many goals. I think if UND's defense is on and Lammy plays like he can, UND will hurt them (7-3).

If the Gophers can make them look like swish cheese the Sioux can too.

That is so true, the crap I saw this year re-afirms this we also had three of the worst Goofer fans possibly in the world, my buddies wife almost beat the crap out of them and she is a Gopher fan. I also never want to hear a Gopher fan ever lecture a Sioux fans about being a Halos again because the claims of the Gopher fans no complaining about the officating is no true. The calls in the game were bad both ways but the Gopher fans apparently think that you can't check a gopher or give them a penalty. This one clown that sat behind us is going to have an a heart attack the man bitched about everything, the reffing the fans around him, the refs again, every period intermission he was complaining to who ever about anything. I was going to ask him why he even bothered coming to the games.

They love to woof when they're front-running, but they curl up in the fetal position when the shoe's on the other foot. It's quite amusing, actually.

no whining here. Let's meet agian on neutral ice. Go back to plymouth or burnsville, if you can find your way there from st. paul you tool.

Like others have said, the FF has to be held somewhere. Playing at the X has not been an advantage for the gophers. Before this weekend, they lost 5 straight games there. Just like playing at the ralph for you guys this year hasn't been an advantage to UND. Maybe you should go back to Minot, Dickinson or maybe even Neche!

Like others have said, the FF has to be held somewhere. Playing at the X has not been an advantage for the gophers. Before this weekend, they lost 5 straight games there. Just like playing at the ralph for you guys this year hasn't been an advantage to UND. Maybe you should go back to Minot, Dickinson or maybe even Neche!

Maybe you lost 5 games in a row because your team was terrible, ever think of that you homersota fool? it should be an advantage .

It is bad enough we have to listen to you idiots at the X now we have to put up with your stupidity here on our message board

That is so true, the crap I saw this year re-afirms this we also had three of the worst Goofer fans possibly in the world, my buddies wife almost beat the crap out of them and she is a Gopher fan. I also never want to hear a Gopher fan ever lecture a Sioux fans about being a Halos again because the claims of the Gopher fans not complaining about the officating is no true, they are the biggest whinners I have ever seen. The calls in the game were bad both ways but the Gopher fans apparently think that you can't check a gopher or give them a penalty. This one clown that sat behind us is going to have an a heart attack the man bitched about everything, the reffing the fans around him, the refs again, every period intermission he was complaining to who ever about anything. I was going to ask him why he even bothered coming to the games.

you are correct ............. most so called goofer fans don't know anything about the game of hockey, they are just there yelling and insulting anything and anybody they can because that is what they do best .............. LOSERS!

you are correct ............. most so called goofer fans don't know anything about the game of hockey, they are just there yelling and insulting anything and anybody they can because that is what they do best .............. LOSERS!

Let's see how well UMTC fans travel next week! I am sure it will be a true reflection of their character, devotion to their team, and their knowledge of the game!