SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Minnesota Game Thread

HockeyMom

A reasonable Bison fan? That's refreshing to see and read. Here's to both ND schools being dominant in FCS. Down with Montana!

We actually had two sets of Bison fans introduce themselves to us today and wish us luck. As for the tournament, we have nothing to hang our heads about. Get back at it, and win when it really matters.

Sometimes, the best thing you can do is lose.....and taste defeat before you win it all. This team can do it!

Let's GO SIOUX!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No shame Sioux Fans. You're team played hard. the Gophers just played a little harder and got the bounce that mattered most. The biggest crime is if we are paired up in the same regional bracket. We deserve a chance at meeting in the title game.

Oh yeah, about the jersey pop, that's just honoring the M. I'd rather see our guys pay homage to the treasured M, than being a delf serving glory boy like you see in the NBA and NFL.

Not to rub it in, but this feels damn good to say. You can have the DQ Cup. You earned it. We'll take the McNaughtom and Broadmor. We earned those.

This game will go down as a classic in WCHA history. Great effort by both teams. If they do put MN and UND in the same region it will be too bad, because I think both teams are one of the top 4 in the country.

A classic, I guess, but candidly I think a classic requires a top-notch effort from both teams participating (ie, 2006 Rose Bowl). I feel this was a case of the Sioux not playing as well as they could and have been playing and the Gophers ready to play. I love Hak and the work he has done, however, I think Lucifer did a better job of getting ALL of his guys ready to play.

No shame Sioux Fans. You're team played hard. the Gophers just played a little harder and got the bounce that mattered most. The biggest crime is if we are paired up in the same regional bracket. We deserve a chance at meeting in the title game.

Oh yeah, about the jersey pop, that's just honoring the M. I'd rather see our guys pay homage to the treasured M, than being a delf serving glory boy like you see in the NBA and NFL.

Not to rub it in, but this feels damn good to say. You can have the DQ Cup. You earned it. We'll take the McNaughtom and Broadmor. We earned those.

You've been drinking...

Who's your DADDY GIRL'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go away.

Nice game tonight even though you all obviously are unahppy with the outcome. It was fun to watch and I was glad the Gophers were able to play determined, tenacious hockey against a team that brings it themselves.

Good luck Sioux until we meet again. :D

Go away.

Nice game tonight even though you all obviously are unahppy with the outcome. It was fun to watch and I was glad the Gophers were able to play determined, tenacious hockey against a team that brings it themselves.

Good luck Sioux until we meet again. :D

Thanks Slap Shot, and even though it does suck that we lost, Minnesota deserved to win. They beat us fair and square tonight. And it looks like we might be meeting the gophers real soon cause it looks like we'll be placed in the same regional.

Some how, the latest bracketology on USCHO has the Sioux as a #2. I'm not sure how they get up to #6 since they're 8 without the bonus and 10 with.

Anybody care to shed some light?

I KNEW IT!!! It's a bunch of bullsh#t. The bonus is negative...not positive like we were all thinking...it's probably .997, not .003...we deserve a number two! Just hope Moy loses focus on the way to his pairings which have us in the same bracket as the Gophers...

From USCHO.com Mr. Jayson Moy

West Regional:

Alabama-Huntsville vs. Minnesota

Michigan State vs. Michigan

Midwest Regional:

Air Force vs. Notre Dame

North Dakota vs. Boston University

East Regional:

Miami vs. Clarkson

Massachusetts vs. St. Cloud

Northeast Regional:

Maine vs. New Hampshire

St. Lawrence vs. Boston College

Our first concern is avoiding intraconference matchups. We have two of them.

We have to move Michigan State, which we will do by switching North Dakota with the Spartans.

Then we have to move Maine, which we will do by switching it with Miami.

So the tournament is now fixed.

I guess UND and MN aren't in the same conference...IDIOT!!!!

As nice as it is to win the Broadmoor, it's no biggie to me. For one, we don't get to raise a WCHA banner since we didn't get it done in the regular season anyways. And two, it's all about the National Championship! Hopefully this humbles us a bit and shows our boys that we aren't invincible right now and hopefully they'll work twice as hard come the REAL playoffs.

Next week the SKATE FOR EIGHT begins!!!!

I was at the last Final Five game where these teams crowned a Champion (2004). I was blown away. Simply awesome hockey (just look up the names :D)

Tonights game didn't equal that game but...

I thought the two best teams in the country lined up tonight. Let's dispense with the formalities and have a real playoff.

Best of three series, MN vs NoDak, winner takes all. That my friends is college hockey at it's finest!

Let's get over this "your fans/program are classless". Whether it's booing the all tournament team by gophers, or Sioux fans swearing at little kids in gopher jerseys (which I unfortunately witnessed in the West Regional at the Ralph) it's a heated rivalry and s**t happens.

Amen...like you couldn't find a handfull of D bags in any fanbase. Making sweeping generalizations is no better than trolling. Great game....If I was a fan of either team I think I would be hoping the other gets knocked off for me in the big dance...too hard on the ticker these one....but great entertainment.

Best game of the year IMO. Could have gone to either team.

Thought the Gophers finally took it to the Sioux and played physical hockey for once. Being on the smaller ice really helped the Goph's keep track of the DOT line. The fact that they didn't give up a 5-5 goal really makes me think (and hope) that they've got their act together in their own zone. The powerplay was scary bad, cudos to UND to be able to kill off all 8 power plays given to the Gophers, very impressive effort from the entire UND bench.

Its a sham that UND and Minnesota will end up in the same regional. Road trip to Denver anyone?

(From USCHO)

West Regional:

Air Force vs. Minnesota

North Dakota vs. Michigan

Midwest Regional:

Alabama-Huntsville vs. Notre Dame

Michigan State vs. Boston University

East Regional:

Maine vs. Clarkson

Northeast Regional:

Miami vs. New Hampshire

Bina is a goon, BTW.

OH Yea! Gophers Nat'l Champs in Wrestling !!!!!!!!!!! Good night ! National Champinship tonight, victory over the Sue, Hockey Championship coming up, Priceless!!!!! :D:D:D

Congrats to your teams winning. Hopefully the Sioux and I as a fan will be able to have the final laugh at you and the gophers. :D

So here's to hoping we meet in the regional finals since it seems like we're being placed in the same region.

Congrats to your teams winning. Hopefully the Sioux and I as a fan will be able to have the final laugh at you and the gophers. :D

So here's to hoping we meet in the regional finals since it seems like we're being placed in the same region.

Don't they try to avoid putting teams from the same conference in the same regional? The only reason you and tGophers would be in the same regional is if 5 WCHA teams were to make it. Or do they just avoid having first round matchups conf against conf?

Don't they try to avoid putting teams from the same conference in the same regional? The only reason you and tGophers would be in the same regional is if 5 WCHA teams were to make it. Or do they just avoid having first round matchups conf against conf?

From what they have said in the USCHO articles they just try to avoid the first round matchups. Which actually results in UND being moved into the Gopher's bracket to replace Michigan state. :D

From what they have said in the USCHO articles they just try to avoid the first round matchups. Which actually results in UND being moved into the Gopher's bracket to replace Michigan state. :D

Maybe I should have read more than just the last page of this thread, LOL. Then I wouldn't have asked the question that had already been asked... but thank you for giving me the info.

IMO, they should simply do something like this:

West Regional:

Air Force vs. Minnesota

Michigan State vs. Boston University

Midwest Regional:

Alabama-Huntsville vs. Notre Dame

North Dakota vs. Michigan

East Regional:

Maine vs. Clarkson

Northeast Regional:

Miami vs. New Hampshire

This would solve their attendance concerns in Grand Rapids and would also avoid having any major rivalry games in any brackets (I don't consider ND vs. Michigan a rivalry because the CCHA is terrible).

Saw much of the OT from afar (I was bowling at the time) and I noticed that just about the entire OT UMN was in their offensive zone.

When I noticed that, I said "Well, unless things change drastically, the Gophers are going to win." And then, whamo. They scored.

That's ok. We needed this game. It was a good game. A close game apparently. Maybe we can use this loss to our advantage.

The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the jersey pop. However, I don't like jersey pops regardless of the team.