SiouxSports.com Forum

Sensers Sunday!

01grad

I just called and they said they would have it on again. Since it is the only thing on T.V. Sunday they will probably have it on a bunch of screens. Everybody needs to show up and support our team! Brandt is starting to get his confidence back and we are due for a 4 or 5 goal game. See ya all there!!!

When you all show up (like I know you will, as any true sioux fan would) be sure to wear your apparel! I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight. Too much on my mind. How much intensity will we have to start the game? Will we be tired? How will the goaltending be? Will our defense and offense show up? Will Greene take any penalties? Will we make it to the final five so I can actually cheer for a team I want to win? ???

I was one of many Sioux fans at Senser's in Bloomington last night. It was GREAT to see such a large turnout of Sioux fans. The place went nuts when Fuher banged home the game winning goal. Did anyone else see Woog and Mazacco (spelling?) as well as 5 members of the goofer hockey team there as well. It was a lot of fun and a big thanks to Senser's for providing the games for us. GO SIOUX!!

Yeah, woog was going around talking to sioux fans last night... I asked him eif he was going to buy a round and he walked away... It's not like I asked for $500 in a baseball cap or anything :D

I overheard Frank call Sweeny a HOMER :) I think my jaw hit the floor when I heard that.

A bunch of the gofer players were there watching as well. The didn't make a bunch of noise or really seem to be cheering for either team as far as I could tell...

Mujack, where were you sitting? I heard Frank say that same thing. I think it had to do with Sweeney complaining about a non-call on a Denver player who was laying on Parise away from the play, and just wouldn't leave him go...

I almost yelled across the bar to Mazzoco that he would have complained the exact same way if this was a gopher player. I was sitting alone, straight across from Woog and Mazzacco (how do you spell that?) in a green sioux sweatshirt.

I was sitting by myself. But for the 3rd period, a guy and his blond babe did come and sit just to my left. I probably shouldn't have said I was directly across as the blond WAS directly across. I was a couple chairs to Woogs left, across the bar.

On today's show Dubay was telling PA that the Sioux fans lifted the lid off of sensors when the ot goal was scored. Dubay also mentioned a specific Sioux fan who reacted to the game in the same way Dubay watches a game --- foot tapping, table top thumping, ready to jump out of his skin. He also mentioned that everytime the puck was near JB there was a lot of tension from the Sioux fans. A Sioux caller told Dubbay that that's how the season has been, but that JB did turn in an excellent job this weekend.

Dubay also mentioned a specific Sioux fan who reacted to the game in the same way Dubay watches a game --- foot tapping, table top thumping, ready to jump out of his skin.

That quite possibly was me, considering where I was sitting. I was pretty much right in his line of sight, and not far away. A couple of times we glanced each other's way at the same time. And ALL night long my foot was tapping and flapping. I was pounding the table, and I'm sure my body language was belying my emotions at the time. He basically described me, whether or not it really was me.

That's the way it is when I watch a game. Does that count for 15 minutes of fame. Because it isn't what I thought it would be.

Geez,

I didn't think Frank's hairhat was going to stay on because of all the excitement. Wooger kept shooting looks down the bar towards our group, I hope he didn't remember all the abuse we gave him during another 3rd period Gopher collapse back in 1998 at the Old REA. I remember those morale victories well. Not to take away from Mujack's blonde, but the brunette I saw was laser hot...