• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 UAA @ 1 UMTC-UAA in 3

9 UMD @ 2 SCSU-UMD IN 3

8 MSUM @ 3 UND-SIOUX in 2

7 UW @ 4 DU-Denver in 3

6 MTU @ 5 CC - CC in 3

FINALLY someone picks tDogs. The rest of you are fired.

my picks: UMTC in 3 (win Sat/Sun), tDogs in 3 (win Fri/Sun), Sioux in 3 (just like last year), UW in 3 (win Sat/Sun), MTU in 3 (win Fri/Sun).

FINALLY someone picks tDogs. The rest of you are fired.

my picks: UMTC in 3 (win Sat/Sun), tDogs in 3 (win Fri/Sun), Sioux in 3 (just like last year), UW in 3 (win Sat/Sun), MTU in 3 (win Fri/Sun).

No, we're smart! :lol:

No sweeps in your predictions; that could happen with as tight as the league is this year. I do think some teams will get through it in two, but it will be an interesting weekend to watch.

UM over UAA in 2- Neither game will be close. UAA is brutal on the road.

UMD over SCSU in 3- UMD has under achieved big time this year,But with Niskanen at the point and Raymond upfront the firepower is there.

UND over Mankato in 2- Morin is a load, but the sioux are hot. Mankato can always steal a game with a player like Morin.

Wisc over DU in 3- Wisconsin is just a better team. They have better forwards (Skille, Carlson, Joudrey, Dowell), better defensman (Likens, Mcbain, Dreiwiske) and better goaltending. DU has some good YOUNG talent (Trotter , Rhakshani, Rueggsegar) but they are a year away from making a run.

CC over MTU in 2- Scotty McCulloch to have a big series.

10 UAA @ 1 UMTC

9 UMD @ 2 SCSU

8 MSUM @ 3 UND

7 UW @ 4 DU

6 MTU @ 5 CC

UMTC in 2. Blowout and a close one

UMD in 3..UMD will win game 1 and 3

UND in 3..Mansucko will win cheaply on Saturday

Bucky in 3..Denver will blow one game

MTU in 2..CC sucks

I think with that Sun am practice the gophers are going to be tired, and AA is going to play full out intense and physical, which the Gophers don't handle well. The Pioneer Press had an article about the UM goalies and how neither one has really stepped up. So I'm going to say that series is going to three games.

If AA makes it in it will be the Biggest upset of the WCHA. My picks:

AA--Biggest upset in WCHA playoff history.

SCSU

UND

UW

CC

Go SIOUX! Go Seawolves!

Implosing coming to Minnesota

I think with that Sun am practice the gophers are going to be tired, and AA is going to play full out intense and physical, which the Gophers don't handle well. The Pioneer Press had an article about the UM goalies and how neither one has really stepped up.

I remember saying at the begining of the season that the big question mark was the goaltending in Minnesota. I remember Gopher fans saying that Briggs was far supperior to anything UND has. Hum!!! Where are those people now? Beating up on patsies at the beginning of the season to over inflate your gaa and save percentage does nothing when you play the big boys. Briggs is and will always be a second or third tier goalie.

Implosing coming to Minnesota

I remember saying at the begining of the season that the big question mark was the goaltending in Minnesota. I remember Gopher fans saying that Briggs was far supperior to anything UND has. Hum!!! Where are those people now? Beating up on patsies at the beginning of the season to over inflate your gaa and save percentage does nothing when you play the big boys. Briggs is and will always be a second or third tier goalie.

i like how the gopher fan author can't give tech credit without taking that one (needless and childish) jab by calling them alberta tech!! what a dousche

Come on, it's definitely a road game for UMTC. It would be like UND having to travel to an arena more than a mile west of the Grand Forks International Airport to play a game. ;) That has to be hard on the team to make that trip every year. :lol:

You're way off. Think about it, they have to cross a river and go into an entirely different city. A proper analogy would be the Sioux having to go play in the East Grand Forks Civic center or the arena out on the point.

I think with that Sun am practice the gophers are going to be tired, and AA is going to play full out intense and physical, which the Gophers don't handle well.

I expect that Donna Lucia will get to pick who officiates the game.

UND in 3..Mansucko will win cheaply on Saturday

Do they ever win any other way?

I expect that Donna Lucia will get to pick who officiates the game.

Do they ever win any other way?

The Gophers will get the best official that the WCHA can offer, who that is I don't have a clue, maybe Redwing_77 can give us some insight on it.

The Seawolves will be called for every infraction so the league can assure it's so called percieved top draw will make the big tourney. Look for DU to be called for everything too this next weekend. I bet if we look at the Penalty numbers I will be right too.

The Gophers will get the best official that the WCHA can offer, who that is I don't have a clue, maybe Redwing_77 can give us some insight on it.

The Seawolves will be called for every infraction so the league can assure it's so called percieved top draw will make the big tourney.

Look for DU to be called for everything too this next weekend. I bet if we look at the Penalty numbers I will be right too.

Jon Campion?

LOL, I am betting Derreck Sheppard or Don Adam. Papa Sheppard will be sitting in the stands to make sure the Gophers don't get hosed.

you know that it'll be one of them on friday, and the other one saturday for the championship game and UND will have to beat the gophers again with the sioux spending half of the game in the box

you know that it'll be one of them on friday, and the other one saturday for the championship game and UND will have to beat the gophers again with the sioux spending half of the game in the box

Yeah it will be the shepard boys with Adam as the time keeper

they will make it - but why should we care - except for the fact that they get to play at home as always - which they rigorously deny of course - but who cares, right?

Don't you have a free Final Five poster to be whining about? Oh wait, it's March which means it's time to whine about the supposed "home games" for the Gophers at the "X." And of course as this thread has proven, it's always a good time to whine about how the officials favor Minnesota.

Don't you have a free Final Five poster to be whining about? Oh wait, it's March which means it's time to whine about the supposed "home games" for the Gophers at the "X." And of course as this thread has proven, it's always a good time to whine about how the officials favor Minnesota.

Hook line and Sinker again. Your going to need all the help you can get because of your porus goaltending.

Buckysieve signature: Minnesota Golden Gophers

#1 all time in NCAA wins

#1 all time in NCAA tourney appearances

#1 all time in NCAA tourney wins

All time winning record vs. UND

4 Hobey Baker Award winners

1979 NCAA Title Game: Gophers 4 Sioux 3

You can add it all up but the only thing that matters is 7 > 5