SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ SCSU

AZSIOUX

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great showing this weekend against SCSU. For three years running, we Sioux fans have seen underperforming teams turn into Championship contenders at the end of the season.

As much as it causes crtiticism (especially because we don't like to have poor home records), Hak has proven that he can move a team forward during the year. Right now, I'd say they look like one of the best teams in the country.

UMD-BADgers skate to an exciting 0-0 tie. It was nice to watch the game without the homer announcers we typically get here in Dairyland. TH says Tech wins the tie-breaker with BADgers. GO CC!!

I'm pretty sure that was me! ;)

Smoggy Posted Today, 09:29 PM

QUOTE(A.B.T.G. @ Mar 3 2007, 09:28 PM) *

QUOTE(kvinbe @ Mar 3 2007, 09:27 PM) *

Any word on UW and UMD?

Last minute in OT 0-0

If it stays that way, then UW takes 7th and Tech 6th.

The season is now over for these schools:

Bowling Green

Canisius

Mass.-Lowell

Merrimack

Rensselaer

RIT

Union

Yale

Northern Michigan and Lake Superior State both stave off elimination, as does Princeton. LSSU and Princeton both lost game #1 of their respective series' at home.

It's looking more and more like we'll be starting out against Minnesota State. They've been playing very well. We'll have our hands full. We won't be able to take anything for granted.

True, but honestly, UND is a better team than Mankato. When it comes to the playoffs, if UND can't beat 'Kato at home, then they don't deserve to move on.

True, but honestly, UND is a better team than Mankato. When it comes to the playoffs, if UND can't beat 'Kato at home, then they don't deserve to move on.

With our win tonight we would probably make the NCAA tourney even if we lost out home series.

Wow Hak is ripping on Lucia... ;)

"I've heard some people say that some games don't matter"

"I believe that every game you put on the jersey matters."

great showing this weekend against SCSU. For three years running, we Sioux fans have seen underperforming teams turn into Championship contenders at the end of the season.

As much as it causes crtiticism (especially because we don't like to have poor home records), Hak has proven that he can move a team forward during the year. Right now, I'd say they look like one of the best teams in the country.

Amen brother... and I gotta say somethin that may not sit well with people... although I think Dean B. was a better motivator and better recruiter (or recruiter of recruiter and would take risks on smaller/faster players who were flying under the radar), I think Hak may just be a better coach when it comes to preparing his team for the worse and getting the best out of the talent he has (which, of course, is still credited to Dean B. at this point).

In any event, congrats to the Sioux and Hak and - MAN - I can't wait to see my (*** sound of undlaw knocking on wood***) Sioux here in the Final 5 in a couple weeks!!!

It's looking more and more like we'll be starting out against Minnesota State. They've been playing very well. We'll have our hands full. We won't be able to take anything for granted.

What concerns me is that Mankato is bound to get chippy. Wouldn't doubt for a minute that they take a run at Lammy. Jutting is in his last season and Mankato has to win for any chance to get to the NCAA's. Also, our history lately with MSMU is to take the series to three games. I like the way we are playing now. I hope we can take care of business and move onto St. Paul.