SiouxSports.com Forum

How about some Sioux trivia!

FightingSioux98

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A former UND goalie of the early 1980s was asked why he always poured some water on the front of his jersey after taking a drink for himself. He gave a (somewhat superstitious) reason why. What was it?

"because he (Blackhawk logo) is a warrior and is battling just as hard as we (the players) are. He gets thirsty, too and needs a drink."

I haven't read through this so I apologize if I repeat any...

Insert Sioux Player name:

1. Nobody scores when ___________ is on the ice. (1981-83)

2. According to Wisconsin fans, ___________ is a goon. (1978-82)

3. ____________ scored 3 goals on Kleisinger in the 1982 title game.

4. If you watch the 2000 championship celebration, _________ says Holy F--- loud and clear for all to hear on the ESPN telecast.

5. Blais said ________ from the 1997 championship team was probably a better golfer than hockey player.

6. When a Niagara player ran Andy Kohler in the 2000 regional, ___________ hooked the little bich and worked him over pretty good.

7. This top player for Maine did not play against the Sioux in 2000 semifinals because he received a one game suspension in the regionals; I beleive it was against Michigan.

8. _________ would not give up his shin pads for the hockey hall of fame.

9. _________ and ___________ split the majority of time with Tony Hrkac and Bob Joyce on UND's Circus line in 1987.

10. ________ cross-checked UMDs Skeeter Moore in the neck and sent him to the hospital during the 1987 WCHA playoffs.

Good luck... :lol:

4. If you watch the 2000 championship celebration, _________ says Holy F--- loud and clear for all to hear on the ESPN telecast.

Mike Commodore

6. When a Niagara player ran Andy Kohler in the 2000 regional, ___________ hooked the little bich and worked him over pretty good.

Mike Commodore

7. This top player for Maine did not play against the Sioux in 2000 semifinals because he received a one game suspension in the regionals; I beleive it was against Michigan.

Cory Larose. And who was the referee who called Larose for spearing in the NCAA regional playoff game against Michigan?

8. _________ would not give up his shin pads for the hockey hall of fame.

Craig Ludwig

Mike Commodore

Mike Commodore

Cory Larose. And who was the referee who called Larose for spearing in the NCAA regional playoff game against Michigan?

Craig Ludwig

nice, you got those 4 correct....I dont' know who the ref was on the Larose question....maybe our friend Don Adam?