FightingSioux98

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reggae Tony?

[reggae beat machine]

Went to da rink, put on da skates, ooh yah,

I went down to da rink and put on da skates ....

Stepped on the ice, and score a few goals, uh huh

I step on the ice and score a few goals.

Then I choose pass, and Bob, he score some more, lots more,

I score forty-six, and Bob, he score six more, ... we roll.

Ooh yeah, uh huh, we roll.

[/reggae beat machine]

Maybe you trivia guys can help me out here. There is an article about US presidents receiving jerseys as gifts from championship teams when they visit the White House. http://uniwatchblog.com/

Anyway, in the article it has some pictures of President Reagan with a Sioux jersey and it says that it was a "non-championship related event." I have seen those pictures before and I always assumed that they were after the Sioux won the title in 1982. Anyone have info on those pics?

Thanks

Maybe you trivia guys can help me out here. There is an article about US presidents receiving jerseys as gifts from championship teams when they visit the White House. http://uniwatchblog.com/

Anyway, in the article it has some pictures of President Reagan with a Sioux jersey and it says that it was a "non-championship related event." I have seen those pictures before and I always assumed that they were after the Sioux won the title in 1982. Anyone have info on those pics?

Thanks

If you look here it says that Reagan got this jersey on a 1986 visit to UND. You have to scroll down to the 5th picture.

If you look here it says that Reagan got this jersey on a 1986 visit to UND. You have to scroll down to the 5th picture.

It was a campaign event for Mark Andrews. I was there.

Reagan had just stared down Gorbachav at Reykjavik to keep the Missile Defense program alive. His comments at Hyslop were the first public ones on the issue.

St. Cloud Huskies beat the Sioux in the F5 a couple years ago (2001?), but it had a controversial ending with Andy Kohler getting nudged out of the net in overtime just as a shot came in from the point.

That game featured another great Sioux comeback....Anyone remember the name of the St. Cloud player who panicked and put the puck into his own net? He was behind his own net and tried a breakout pass a little too close to the net and banked it in off the goalie.

All the Chris Purslow fans apparently wanted to forget this moment....