SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Coaches Show

PCM

Interesting news about R Hale staying on D. I don' think that's a bad move. R has had trouble scoring at UND, and though that doesn't necessarily define a forward, it sure helps. If he can provide a stable, physical, offensively capable defenseman, I think that could make our team stronger. We have some forwards who sit each week who can use the ice time. Why not....

Great news for D Hale. Let's hope things progress along this tack for his sake.

I'm excited for this weekend. I wish I could see the games.

Chad was a redshirt from this year from Devil's Lake, but I can't remember off the top of my head where he played at before UND. He was practicing with the team earlier in the season, but from what I have gathered he has since stopped and is instead focusing on school. Blais has said some good things about him, and it sounds like he could play next year. He's in the team picture that was handed out at the Meet the Sioux back in October.

Caller: Can you talk about the goalie situation for the next five years?

That question trigerred lots of laughter. Blais said the last person who asked that question was at the restaurant and asked it in person. Blais joked that it was lucky that Swyg was on the other side of the booth.

Blais said he here's that question a lot and tried to answer it. He said Nate Ziegelmann will be coming next season and Philippe Lamoureux will be coming the year after that.

Firstly, I'm surprised Blais did not mention Sedevie. Was that just an oversight?

Next, the fact that Ziggy is coming is a pleasant surprise. It will be a first to have two G.F. goalies on the roster, right?

I'm thinking the goaltending situation next season will be more solid. Perhaps Ziggy will be good enough to take over. If not, Brandt or Ranfranz will continue to mature.

Lastly, thanks, as always, for posting the summary!

I think it is pretty much a given that at least two of the four goalies on this year's roster will not be on the team next year. I do not believe Sofie or Siembidawill be on next year's roster. I also find it interesting that Blais did not mention Sedevie. He is the one with the scholarship for next year while Ziggy is walking on. Maybe with the serious injury to Sedevie, Blais is not going to count on him for much help next year, although it sounds as if his recovery is going well. It should be quite the competition for goaltender next year. Hopefully Marc or Jake can step up this weekend and we can go with one or the other for the final five and the NCAA's.

Anderson reffed at Denver the younger one. Derek will do fine. Let's not get on the ref until they screw up...

I think Derek calls the holding and clutching and grabbing.. That will suit us fine.

Good; glad I was wrong. Denver has been spending time in the pbox the last couple weeks, so hopefully they will not be able to do what they did in Denver. In spite of that, however, the Sioux could have won both games, and I expect them to do that in GF.

My belief is that Sedevie has been known to be coming for a long time. So that is not news. When people ask about what might be new about our goaltenders next year, Ziggy is the news.

That's my take.

Ziggy had solid numbers in the USHL this year. Solid. We shouldn't put the pressure on him to be the "savior" in nets next year.

My guess is we can expect to get from Ziggy what we are getting currently from our goaltenders. I bet they would put up similar numbers in the USHL if they were there now. Just my guess, I'm not an expert...

But if he can at least play consistently, that will be a good start.

;):D;)

Some of the you Sioux Fans really are quite unbelievable.

Once again you all are ready to have players out of next years season without looking at the big picture.

What happens if the team doesn't do as well as you all want them too.:0?

Will the next step be to get all new players.

The team is getting it together so don't cut any one out yet.

;) They are all good and need to be able to show their talents by more than a few good or bad games.

;);):0:0

Blais said there's now a "runway" for the officials to leave the ice at the REA. He said it's because students poured drinks and popcorn on the officials while they were leaving the ice. He said they probably deserved it.  ;)

Being right down where the refs come off the ice, there was no pop or popcorn (that I saw) being thrown on the refs...but some immature fan did spit on Schmitt

Well, say what you want about the team in general, but I can't think of ONE game where I can say the goaltender won it for us... and you NEED to be able to say that if you are a "top" team in the WCHA!

As for the rest, great job of crystalizing the coaches show. It's been a pleasure!

Chad Dahlen did not ever play at Denver so he was never a part of that tackling fiasco of a team. I played with him in highschool. He's got a great head for hockey and should be able to contribute. Not much a scoring threat from the point but always plays his position well and is rarely on the ice when his teams gets scored on.