SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Pioneers

AZSIOUX

tn_IMG_1484.jpgVS tn_IMG_1416.jpg

OK, this is what you call a HUGE series. The sioux are 1 spot behind du in the pairwise and the sioux have battled their way back into a possible top 3 position in the WCHA with 3 or 4 points in denver. The sioux are 1 point behind in the wcha standings for 3rd place and 4 points behind scsu for 2nd :ohmy: With 2 series left and both on the road, a split is a must at worst. We are a better road team than home team for who knows what reason so hope the sioux can keep the 11 game unbeaten streak (8-0-3) going in denver.

Sioux are coming off a 3 point weekend hosting duluth and denver is coming off a bye week.

SIOUX TIED FOR 9TH IN PAIRWISE

Overall Record: 17-11-4 (.594)

WCHA: 11-9-4, 26 points

Home: 8-7-4

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver has better Goal tending and will be a real good test for the Sioux.......

I know you should look at the whole body of work, but what are Phil's numbers looking like over the last 11 games? Are they comparable to those of Mannino? Or is it the fact that the team has been scoring more that is increasing his win total, while he has played roughly the same throughout the year. Can someone run the numbers?

i could see the sioux getting anywhere from 0-4 pts there. du is a good team, but i hate them and i think they run on luck and very few players to hold them together. i think their scoring is vulnerable, as it is over 50% freshmen and dingle makes up a large chunk of the rest. a sweep is not out of the question for either team, but i really think that UND is a better overall team than du.

i could see the sioux getting anywhere from 0-4 pts there. du is a good team, but i hate them and i think they run on luck and very few players to hold them together. i think their scoring is vulnerable, as it is over 50% freshmen and dingle makes up a large chunk of the rest. a sweep is not out of the question for either team, but i really think that UND is a better overall team than du.

Great Prediction there! ??? I predict that the Sioux will either sweep, split, take 3, take 1, or get swept next weekend too. :ohmy:

Seriously, DU has NOT been playing well and, as this weekend shows, UND does not respond well to the trap (IIRC DU plays this game style as well).

I want a split. MAYBE we can get 3. But I really don't think our play has even stayed the same since the tie against MSUM. I think we're still playing good, but not great.

Phil's play has stayed the same despite leading the WCHA (and probably the NCAA) in weirdest goals allowed. :D

Two big IF's:

If the Sioux sweep Denver and...

The Gophers sweep the Huskies...

The Sioux will be tied for 2nd place in the WCHA.

Huge series for the Sioux here. I'm hoping for at least a split. But if the Sioux team that dominated UMN shows up...we could see a sweep for the boys in green. Go get 'em Sioux!!

Two big IF's:

If the Sioux sweep Denver and...

The Gophers sweep the Huskies...

The Sioux will be tied for 2nd place in the WCHA.

Huge series for the Sioux here. I'm hoping for at least a split. But if the Sioux team that dominated UMN shows up...we could see a sweep for the boys in green. Go get 'em Sioux!!

So IF the Huskies sweep the Gophers and Sioux sweep DU where does that leave us? Anyone have byes next week?

Well I sure hope somewhere around here is televising it! Its on the dish? If thats the case someplace in town has to have it ...

Siouxeeep!

Will it be on DirecTV FSRM ch 645? I think I have seen UND/Denver before on that station. I looked in the menu, but it only goes to Wednesday.

EDIT: mn sioux is faster than me. :ohmy:

Nobody, I hope. Just play the freakin' game.

I agree. I'm sure Geoff would love to have all of the Sioux players thinking about him this next weekend. The more that think about him the less that are thinking about the game and that's when DU runs all over us.

Make Paukovich into an also ran in a way. Yeah, he's on the ice, but apart from the defensive responsibility, he doesn't exist.

Nothing pisses off a hated oponent more than running up the score.

Lets get it done this weekend, hopefully some of you are coming down to the Dtown to see the Sioux. I want to see a sea of grean in Magness like last year. I'm there both nights. Yeah SIOUX SIOUX!!

great time always sioux @ u. been there a couple times. tons of sioux fans walking around drinking green beer :ohmy: not gona go this year, gona stick around and play in the siouxperswing golf tourney here on sunday!