SiouxSports.com Forum

BOYS' STATE HOCKEY SCHEDULE

Sports1

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer please :D

Hopefully, many of those who come to this site know the answer. For those who do not, it would be Tyler Jundt from Williston who is now playing for the Green Bay Gamblers and Andy Dittus from Minot who is also at Green Bay. Dittus and Jundt both played very well at the Chicago Showcase last year. Most everyone knows that Paul Weisgarber played with the Jets after the high school season last year and is now with the Waterloo Blackhawks. Eric Galt was with Lincoln and now plays for North Iowa. Hopefully the top senior players in the state will be trying out for Team North Dakota and the state will have another outstanding performance at the Showcase.

Hopefully, many of those who come to this site know the answer. For those who do not, it would be Tyler Jundt from Williston who is now playing for the Green Bay Gamblers and Andy Dittus from Minot who is also at Green Bay. Dittus and Jundt both played very well at the Chicago Showcase last year. Most everyone knows that Paul Weisgarber played with the Jets after the high school season last year and is now with the Waterloo Blackhawks. Eric Galt was with Lincoln and now plays for North Iowa. Hopefully the top senior players in the state will be trying out for Team North Dakota and the state will have another outstanding performance at the Showcase.

Thanks ND Pride, i thought Dittus might be in there.

Because they couldn't make Team ND or because they went to play Juniors?

Are you serious about that question? Eric went to Lincoln after the high school season to play with the Stars of the USHL. Paul played with the Jets after the high school season. Obviously, both would have been tremendous assets to Team North Dakota which went on to play for the Championship of the Showcase only to lose in OT.

You are welcome. And another Minot player, Rody Selk, formerly of the Jets is now playing for Des Moines and, as is well known, Jordan Willert is at Tri-City along with former Central player Mario Lamoureux.

I remeber when Wilert and Selk and Dittus were on Minot High together, they won Bantam A state on the same team as well.

Are you serious about that question? Eric went to Lincoln after the high school season to play with the Stars of the USHL. Paul played with the Jets after the high school season. Obviously, both would have been tremendous assets to Team North Dakota which went on to play for the Championship of the Showcase only to lose in OT.

No, I wasn't serious with that question. I was pointing out the reason why they didn't play for Team ND.

I give him props, how good was bottineau last year compared to this year? The difference that kid made was amazing, and to put up numbers like that for Bottineau and have them within one win of going to state is even more amazing, I give him props. He also broke the schools goal scoring record this year, what more could the kid do.

I give him props, how good was bottineau last year compared to this year? The difference that kid made was amazing, and to put up numbers like that for Bottineau and have them within one win of going to state is even more amazing, I give him props. He also broke the schools goal scoring record this year, what more could the kid do.

get his team to state?

Way to win with class, guys. :D

The title "belongs" in the city of whatever team last won it. See, this is the kind of crap that irritates me about some Red River and Central hockey fans. It's that attitude of entitlement.

winning 35 of the possible 46 titles..........its not so much entitlement as much as a level of respect that comes by Winning

Look up every champion and every runner-up from the beginning through the '80s, and then look up every champion and runner-up from the '90s till now. We've seen a lot more non-GF teams play in and win championship games in recent years than before. Yes, one or both of those two schools is still a contender every year. I have never disputed that fact. The difference is that they are no longer the only two contenders in the state like they used to be. The title doesn't belong in GF based on history, it belongs there at least for the next year based on RR winning last night.

Damn!!! If only Williston could have held on for another four and half minutes on Thursday night we'd be spared of this arrogance.

Or if Grafton hadn't had a bullsh*t penalty called on them with one minute left in a semifinal game maybe things would be different too.

You know as well as I do that it was a lot different in the '70s and '80s than it is now. The two GF schools no longer dominate the rest of the state like they once did.

Dave please don't spew lies. The dominance is not over

1995 - Grand Forks

1996 - Grand Forks

1997 - Grand Forks

1998 - Grand Forks

1999 - South

2000 - Grand Forks

2001 - Grand Forks

2002 - Grafton

2003 - Grand Forks

2004 - Grand Forks

2005 - Grand Forks

2006 - South

2007 - Grand Forks

I guess I don't see "the gap closing" like you do. Probably because its only in your mind. :D

Well Dave when you write:

We've seen a lot more non-GF teams play in and win championship games in recent years than before.

Just a couple posts above. You get facts that state "Grand Forks."

I was just proving you wrong that "you see a lot more non-GF teams play and win championship games in recent years." Maybe I am blind. But I don't see where you are getting your information. :D :D

There's some more typical anti-Fargo propaganda. Sheesh!!! You people are poor losers, and even poorer winners.

I wonder why none of you guys commented on my attempt to be gracious in this post?

I would have, but all that writing and blah blah you did was too boring to continue to read.....also, you have used "attitude of entitlement" "arrogance" "poor losers" and "even poorer winners" in your repsonses to posts on here..........are you a little bitter about last nite or what?

The voting process for these awards are not perfect. Same goes for all-tournement and the all-state awards. At the end of the day, what is a certificate that says "All-State" or "Mr. Hockey". It's a certificate. It doesn't really get you anything but recognition. So for all the players and parents that may be upset about how it turned out my advice to you is to forget about it. I gaurentee there is not a Jr. coach or college coach who is going to recruit someone because they made all state, or because they were Mr. Hockey. Your not going to see Columbus stop recruiting Wurden because Herbel won Mr. Hockey. My bet is they will roll their eyes and continue on in there regular fashion.

I don't think it is logical for someone from the West to try and bash the quality of players coming from the East (Erick Galt). Although he may not have got the playing time he wanted when he was at Lincoln, that does not mean he is not fit to play in that league. Players from the West have moved on from high school hockey and have done very well. No one will argue that. As far as the jab you took at players from Team ND playing Jr's. Team ND was mostly led by players from the East. The top two lines looked like this- Marc Mihulka, Paul Campbell, Nick Klenow; Andy Dittus, John Greicar, Marc Harrie. Five of the six are from the East. Brad Benke, David Hovet, Lane Smith, Tim Greigoire, Tony Kringstad were also on the team from the East. That is not all the players, but I'm drawing a blank. Point being, the team was led by players from the East, not the West.

The voting process for these awards are not perfect. Same goes for all-tournement and the all-state awards. At the end of the day, what is a certificate that says "All-State" or "Mr. Hockey". It's a certificate. It doesn't really get you anything but recognition. So for all the players and parents that may be upset about how it turned out my advice to you is to forget about it. I gaurentee there is not a Jr. coach or college coach who is going to recruit someone because they made all state, or because they were Mr. Hockey. Your not going to see Columbus stop recruiting Wurden because Herbel won Mr. Hockey. My bet is they will roll their eyes and continue on in there regular fashion.

I don't think it is logical for someone from the West to try and bash the quality of players coming from the East (Erick Galt). Although he may not have got the playing time he wanted when he was at Lincoln, that does not mean he is not fit to play in that league. Players from the West have moved on from high school hockey and have done very well. No one will argue that. As far as the jab you took at players from Team ND playing Jr's. Team ND was mostly led by players from the East. The top two lines looked like this- Marc Mihulka, Paul Campbell, Nick Klenow; Andy Dittus, John Greicar, Marc Harrie. Five of the six are from the East. Brad Benke, David Hovet, Lane Smith, Tim Greigoire, Tony Kringstad were also on the team from the East. That is not all the players, but I'm drawing a blank. Point being, the team was led by players from the East, not the West.

Nice post. Could you please tell me where those players are playing now? Thanks :D