SiouxSports.com Forum

BOYS' STATE HOCKEY SCHEDULE

Sports1

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll risk sounding stupid here and ask a question. What's with the 17 minute periods? I could understand 15 minutes or 20, or maybe even 18 minutes. But what is magical about 17? 17 x 3 periods is 51 minutes, that's not exactly a nice round number either...

I'm not sure why 17 - not sure if they though 20 was too much and 15 was not enough??? I believe Minnesota went to 17 min periods a year or two before ND. I, for one, think they should play 20 minute periods.

I'm not sure why 17 - not sure if they though 20 was too much and 15 was not enough??? I believe Minnesota went to 17 min periods a year or two before ND. I, for one, think they should play 20 minute periods.

I can only assume that's the reason - I think they were at 15 minutes before and thought that jumping all the way to 20 was too much to do at once. I would think eventually they'll get to 20 minute periods to match (as far as I know) every level above them (juniors, NCAA, NHL) but they didn't want to do it all at once.

Although maybe they shouldn't have high schoolers playing the same amount as the NHL. I'm not 100% sure about football, but basketball goes from 32 minute games in high school, to 40 in college, to 48 in the NBA.

South has been controlling the puck most of the third period and had a few good scoring chances, but hasn't been able to put any goals in. Grafton has had a couple good chances too. Just over a minute left now.

Hooking penalty called on Grafton with 1:09 left.

Did Grafton have a shot in the 3rd period? Wow they got ****** stomped, I don't care what any of you say.

You start your post with a question, then finish with that!?!? If you don't care what people say, better perhaps to write in your diary. It is less expensive.