SiouxSports.com Forum

Duncan

Fetch

I really admire & like to watch him play

He is better than most scouts must know - He deserves to be drafted & I'd say he could play pro hockey - even could be a STAR in the NHL someday

Sure playing with Oshie & Toews makes him look good - But I think he would do pretty good on any line

A team full of Duncans & Binas would kick Butt

he may play in the NHL someday if someone gives him a chance but a star is way far fetched in my eyes. dont forget jeff panzer...got screwed out a hobey, put up points duncan wont even reach and still cant get a fair crack in the NHL or AHL really. he is good enough and you would think the new style NHL would fit hi and a player like duncan but for some reason very little undrafted smaller player get a shot. fair? hell no. its to bad really. i think he will get signed to the AHL then from there who knows. he will be a joy to watch 4 years and is unbleievable to watch on the same line as oshie and toews. all 3 of these guys complinmet eachother so nicely.....lines like this do not come around often

i say screw size but thats just me and its not how it works in the NHL, if you can play you can play, bottom line!!

WOW, just looked and opanzer had 65 points 99-00 and 81 points 00-01 and led a team to a 2nd straight final, damn he was robbed!

I think he will follow Jason Blake's lead, and become an undrafted free agent. He'll sign and be a good scorer for some team. Just look at...

Martin St. Louis

Steve Nash

Little guys who play really really BIG

duncan has one of the best wrist shots ive seen in years and is a very skilled forward.

with that said...i dont think its really fair to compare him with st louis. dont get me wrong, duncan is darn good, but he doesnt have the speed st louis does, nor the size. ive actually met st louis from my cousins wife. she has a brother that is a scout for tampa bay. im just not sure right now you can compare duncans size to st louis'. duncan is much smaller not only in height but build. if he can put on some muscle in the next few years and possibly grow an inch or two theres no doubt hell be playing in the nhl. but with the way his body is right now, i just dont see him going up against some of the huge defensemen of todays nhl.

It's true about St. Louis' size, but he also has several years on Duncan. And he can't be more than 5' 9"... 3" taller than Duncan, but certainly small by NHL standards.

It's really up to Ryan if he plays in the NHL I think. He may not have those goals, and may just want to finish out his degree and do something else. I think Duncan is one of the fastest players on the team and maybe in the league. His shot accuracy and his patience are really amazing.

If he can put on some muscle and continues to develop, I honestly think he'll get more of a shot than Panzer. You are absolutely right that Panzer didn't get a fair look, and it was because of the old system. Guys like Gionta are excelling in the "new NHL" because of the different system. Teams are looking for small, fast players, not just big power forwards or Chara-like defensemen.

Duncan needs to prove he can play with the bigger players, and I think he's on the right track. He didn't seem to have trouble with Eric Johnson (or Jack Johnson for that matter)...both of whom will be in the NHL next year.

It's true about St. Louis' size, but he also has several years on Duncan. And he can't be more than 5' 9"... 3" taller than Duncan, but certainly small by NHL standards.

It's really up to Ryan if he plays in the NHL I think. He may not have those goals, and may just want to finish out his degree and do something else. I think Duncan is one of the fastest players on the team and maybe in the league. His shot accuracy and his patience are really amazing.

If he can put on some muscle and continues to develop, I honestly think he'll get more of a shot than Panzer. You are absolutely right that Panzer didn't get a fair look, and it was because of the old system. Guys like Gionta are excelling in the "new NHL" because of the different system. Teams are looking for small, fast players, not just big power forwards or Chara-like defensemen.

Duncan needs to prove he can play with the bigger players, and I think he's on the right track. He didn't seem to have trouble with Eric Johnson (or Jack Johnson for that matter)...both of whom will be in the NHL next year.

i totally agree with you on everything..i would guess st louis is right around 5'8-5'9 but hes built like a freakin brick sh*t house.

Don't forget KO. :angry:

Duncan is having a really good year, but as for a future in the NHL I think a lot will be decided next year when he is without Toews and Oshie on his line.

Toews and Oshie aren't going to take away his sniper shot. Granted, teams may be able to cling on to him a lot more, but I think Dunc will still make a presence.

Besides, when Toews and Oshie were severely snake-bitten/injured who was racking up goals? Duncan was apparently not Sophomore slumping. He'll be fine, it's not like UND won't have marquee players on a line with a guy who can shoot like that.

Let me start by saying that I am not against Duncan. I think he is a great playing and is red hot this year. As for Toews and Oshie, even when they are not scoring they still draw a lot of attention from the apposing team giving Duncan many more chances then he'd otherwise see. How many back door goals has he scored off of passes from Toews or Oshie? I think the three of them together make a great line and I'm just going to enjoy watching them for the rest of this year and not worry too much about next year.