SiouxSports.com Forum

Where Are We At

The Whistler

At this point in the season we have to be real happy where we are at.

Right now we've got a pretty good hold on home ice for the first round of the WCHA. We have games in hand on the two teams right behind us in the standings.

We've moved up to an 8th place tie in the PWR ranking so we've got SOME margin to get a bid for the national tournament. We've got to keep winning, but we can lose some games we 'should' lose.

I'd like us to move up at least one place in the WCHA because in the not so unlikely event that a team above us gets beat we'd move out of the play in game. For that we're going to need some help.

The best thing is that we've been getting stronger every week since Xmas. Before Christmas? I can't remember that far back.

i say we win 6 of 8 down the stretch and get to the final 5 as a 4 seed, 3 seed if we are lucky, hell you never know. we are nice in the pairwise right now but one BAD loss and it could hurt us badly, keep it up sioux!!

i say we win 6 of 8 down the stretch and get to the final 5 as a 4 seed, 3 seed if we are lucky, hell you never know. we are nice in the pairwise right now but one BAD loss and it could hurt us badly, keep it up sioux!!

I think we would be a 2 or 3 seed if the playoffs started today. We are sitting at 8th.

UND is a lock if they win four of eight and win their 1st round series, and they could easily slip in without winning their 1st round series.

They could still jump to a #1 overall, but in my opinion will probably be a #2.

Between viscious insults someone tricked Lucia into saying UND is the best team the Gophers have faced this year and they certainly looked the part at Mariucci.

UND is a lock if they win four of eight and win their 1st round series, and they could easily slip in without winning their 1st round series.

They could still jump to a #1 overall, but in my opinion will probably be a #2.

Between viscious insults someone tricked Lucia into saying UND is the best team the Gophers have faced this year and they certainly looked the part at Mariucci.

win out and a #1 seed :D

realistic, 2 seed taking 6 of 8. thats saying we will split with scsu and du in their barns and sweep msu and umd at the ralph.

win out and a #1 seed :D

realistic, 2 seed taking 6 of 8. thats saying we will split with scsu and du in their barns and sweep msu and umd at the ralph.

The best possible thing that could happen to us is also the worst possible thing. 2 games against Wisconsin. That team is really hurting us right now with some common opponents and top 25 RPI. Of course we all know what the bad side of this rematch would be. Maybe a close second would be a rematch with Tech for 2 games.

I see the Inside College Hockey guys moved us up 3 spots this week. Last week they only moved us up 2 points when we beat the #1 team in the country on the road.

Of course they still have us at #12 even when we're a top ten team in the PWR.

What's the point of a subjective poll when it lags behind the statistics.

I see the Inside College Hockey guys moved us up 3 spots this week. Last week they only moved us up 2 points when we beat the #1 team in the country on the road.

Of course they still have us at #12 even when we're a top ten team in the PWR.

What's the point of a subjective poll when it lags behind the statistics.

Where are the Sioux at on the Pairwise as of today? Can someone provide a link so I can know how to findit in the future. Thanks

When Niagara got swept by CHA powerhouse Robert Morris last weekend, it proved that the Sioux were who the Gophers thought they were. :D

Root for Bemidji State, Dartmouth and St. Lawrence, as well as the Gophers. This helps our RPI, TUC record and COp record.

Also, if BSU could move into the top 15 in RPI we could get some road win bonus points.

Hope AA and Wisco keep losing - they could drop out of TUC.

Denver/SCSU/CC all have tough schedules down the stretch - (DU/SCSU have to play us)

If the teams above beat on each other and we keep playing well, 3rd place is not out of the question.

I love the Friday afternoon F5 game at the X. :D

Root for Bemidji State, Dartmouth and St. Lawrence, as well as the Gophers. This helps our RPI, TUC record and COp record.

Also, if BSU could move into the top 15 in RPI we could get some road win bonus points.

Hope AA and Wisco keep losing - they could drop out of TUC.

Denver/SCSU/CC all have tough schedules down the stretch - (DU/SCSU have to play us)

If the teams above beat on each other and we keep playing well, 3rd place is not out of the question.

I love the Friday afternoon F5 game at the X. :D

I think your right, UND controls it own destiny.

I think it's a bigger thing to get into the top 3 in the Final five versus positioning in the National tournament.

In the National tournament you've got to beat the best to be the best. Does it matter which day you play the #1 seed?

On the other hand there is an advantage to being in the top 3 in the WCHA playoffs. You avoid playing 3 games in three games vs your opponent who will only play 2.

I think it's a bigger thing to get into the top 3 in the Final five versus positioning in the National tournament.

In the National tournament you've got to beat the best to be the best. Does it matter which day you play the #1 seed?

On the other hand there is an advantage to being in the top 3 in the WCHA playoffs. You avoid playing 3 games in three games vs your opponent who will only play 2.

And, when possible, play on Fri afternoon - more time to rest for the Sat nite champ tilt.

And, when possible, play on Fri afternoon - more time to rest for the Sat nite champ tilt.

Being 6 points behind SCSU and Denver and 5 behind CC, the Sioux only control their own destiny for 5th place and home ice. Finishing top 3 will require those teams ahead of them getting beat by someone else, or losing their home playoff series and failing to make the final 5. At the same time, there is almost no room for any losses the last four series for the Sioux ( the 4 remaining points with DU and SCSU need to be Sioux sweeps for even a remote chance at top 3). A 3 seed is not impossible but not real likely.

The position they are in is winning enough not to play their way out of the NCAA's.

Being 6 points behind SCSU and Denver and 5 behind CC, the Sioux only control their own destiny for 5th place and home ice. Finishing top 3 will require those teams ahead of them getting beat by someone else, or losing their home playoff series and failing to make the final 5. At the same time, there is almost no room for any losses the last four series for the Sioux ( the 4 remaining points with DU and SCSU need to be Sioux sweeps for even a remote chance at top 3). A 3 seed is not impossible but not real likely.

The position they are in is winning enough not to play their way out of the NCAA's.

The Sioux can move up if they beat Denver and St. Cloud. True they don't totally control their destiny except for 5th, but somebody is going to lose when CC plays Denver and St. Cloud, so being that the Sioux are within six points of all three, they are assured someone is going to lose the head to head against those three.

If you look at the schedule, it is not as remote as it seems - plenty of head-to-head action for those teams, plus games vs. UM for both CC and SCSU, + plus we have 2 games in hand on DU (don't forget the trip to the Winter Carnival for DU as well).

Don't be surprised - if we get 12-13 more points, anything can happen.

However, even if we don't rise in the standings, getting 12-13 more points means we are continuing the 2nd half surge, which bodes well for WCHA/NCAA playoffs.