SiouxSports.com Forum

One key game is all it takes

luapsided

Man o man....Seriously...Somebody may take first in the WCHA and somebody may be favored to win the National title. But what I think it is going to come down to is one game at one, key, point and time. What I mean is that every team thus far can beat any other team(for the most part) in a game. The only one I can think of who hasn't is the Mavs over the goofs but so far, it seems, that any team has won one/or two and lost one or two vs someone else. Talk the talk.... but its going to come down to one game in the end for the best team to move on. Who will it be? It wont be Denver or the Goofs....Im expecting another upset for a team this season.....will the Sioux be involved??? time will tell....GO SIOUX

Man o man....Seriously...Somebody may take first in the WCHA and somebody may be favored to win the National title. But what I think it is going to come down to is one game at one, key, point and time. What I mean is that every team thus far can beat any other team(for the most part) in a game. The only one I can think of who hasn't is the Mavs over the goofs but so far, it seems, that any team has won one/or two and lost one or two vs someone else. Talk the talk.... but its going to come down to one game in the end for the best team to move on. Who will it be? It wont be Denver or the Goofs....Im expecting another upset for a team this season.....will the Sioux be involved??? time will tell....GO SIOUX

Scoring more goals than the team your playing. Actually I watched Maine, New Hampshire, Michigan, Michigan State and DU play this weekend. None of these teams impressed me all that much. I think UND is just as good as any of these teams. Denver does not scare me one bit. Denver is a decent team but they are not world beater, they are relying on Freshmen just like UMN, and I believe they have had a soft schedule just like UMN.

Scoring more goals than the team your playing. Actually I watched Maine, New Hampshire, Michigan, Michigan State and DU play this weekend. None of these teams impressed me all that much. I think UND is just as good as any of these teams. Denver does not scare me one bit. Denver is a decent team but they are not world beater, they are relying on Freshmen just like UMN, and I believe they have had a soft schedule just like UMN.

i like the way that hak seems to be able to peak teams so well. i also agree with DU, they are relying on dingle, and freshmen...but mostly their goaltending. also, their schedule is rediculous...try playing hard teams and making it, like UND.

i like the way that hak seems to be able to peak teams so well. i also agree with DU, they are relying on dingle, and freshmen...but mostly their goaltending. also, their schedule is rediculous...try playing hard teams and making it, like UND.

So, outside of Maine, who has UND played that is a hard team to play? That's about it. I'm not saying that Denver has had a challenging schedule outside of conference play. With the exception of Miami, I can't think of anyone who should have been a real challenge to them. However, outside of Maine, we're pretty much in the same boat.

Damn, you stole my thunder.

So, outside of Maine, who has UND played that is a hard team to play? That's about it. I'm not saying that Denver has had a challenging schedule outside of conference play. With the exception of Miami, I can't think of anyone who should have been a real challenge to them. However, outside of Maine, we're pretty much in the same boat.

well, maybe i shouldnt have said "like UND," but quinnipiac, bemidji, dartmouth, st. lawrence, and of course maine are definitely harder, and i believe does put UND in a different boat than du with rensselaer, colgate, air force, robert morris, mercyhurst, mass-lowell, niagra, and miami...even with miami and maybe niagra, this is for sure weaker than UND's nonconf schedule. my opinion, and also, these schedules were set up a couple years ago, when miami would not have been considered "strong." i just think that gwoz puts together about the weakest schedule he possibly can to get more W's, but to his defense, thats not too bad of an idea.

Hard opponents this year for the Sioux:

SLU - ranked played at a time where the Sioux were just starting to play well and hadn't put together two straight solid games in a while.

Dartmouth- Ok, this team overall isn't stiff competition IMO, but we were playing Dartmouth at a time where we were having a sizable winless streak going on.

Quinnipiac- Ranked

UW- Ok, they are having a slump filled year, but please look at our games vs. UW and tell me they were easy.

UMN- Ok, we swept them. Ok, it wasn't even close (save the first periods both nights), but was the outcome ever assured? I didn't go into that weekend thinking we'd sweep. I was praying for a split!

BSU- This team is getting better and better.

Maine- At the time the best team in the nation. They've sort of swooned but they're still very competitive.

Teams we will play:

DU, SCSU, and any of the teams we face in the playoffs.

Hard opponents this year for the Sioux:

SLU - ranked played at a time where the Sioux were just starting to play well and hadn't put together two straight solid games in a while.

Dartmouth- Ok, this team overall isn't stiff competition IMO, but we were playing Dartmouth at a time where we were having a sizable winless streak going on.

Quinnipiac- Ranked

UW- Ok, they are having a slump filled year, but please look at our games vs. UW and tell me they were easy.

UMN- Ok, we swept them. Ok, it wasn't even close (save the first periods both nights), but was the outcome ever assured? I didn't go into that weekend thinking we'd sweep. I was praying for a split!

BSU- This team is getting better and better.

Maine- At the time the best team in the nation. They've sort of swooned but they're still very competitive.

Teams we will play:

DU, SCSU, and any of the teams we face in the playoffs.

Without a doubt Denver and SCSU are/should be the toughest games for the end of the year. But only SCSU I think is going to be the greatest challege. Only one game at a time I know, but a little down the road prediction is ok to, especially when these last games are going to change are season tremendously(make or possible break). The sioux fair pretty well at SCSU dont they? I dont feel like looking for stats right now ??? . Denver won't be easy either but as a few have mentioned already, they haven't impressed me much either...

Without a doubt Denver and SCSU are/should be the toughest games for the end of the year. But only SCSU I think is going to be the greatest challege. Only one game at a time I know, but a little down the road prediction is ok to, especially when these last games are going to change are season tremendously(make or possible break). The sioux fair pretty well at SCSU dont they? I dont feel like looking for stats right now ??? . Denver won't be easy either but as a few have mentioned already, they haven't impressed me much either...

I think the guys better focus on MSU-M before we go any further. I still think they need to go 6-2 or 5-3 the last 8. Wisconsin losing two was huge, I just would love UND to get MTU for the playoffs and a rematch. That would be sweat. Wisconsin is starting to stumble and If they come to Englestad for the playoffs I see us running them out of the building. Elliot has been human this season.

I think the Fighting Sioux needs to take 3-4 points from UMD and MSU-M (anything less agaist MSU-M and UMD is unacceptable) The Sioux also need to split with DU and SCSU, both very possible and is needed. DU like I said before is 3-3 in their last 6 games. They are not world beaters and if DU starts Fisher one night against the Sioux he will get lit up. I think UND will turn the tide against the Pios because they owe them.

Watching Punkobitch running his mouth last night was laughable. As ussual standing in the safety of the refs he was yapping away, of course he is s guttless wonder and will never drop the gloves. I hope that kid gets it handed to him some day, he has it coming for his guttless style of play. Then I am going to have bask in the moment of him finally getting his.

Watching Punkobitch running his mouth last night was laughable. As ussual standing in the safety of the refs he was yapping away, of course he is s guttless wonder and will never drop the gloves. I hope that kid gets it handed to him some day, he has it coming for his guttless style of play. Then I am going to have bask in the moment of him finally getting his.

First day in the AHL?

I can't stand the guy for obvious reasons, but if you're going to be a cheap player than back it up.

First day in the AHL?

I can't stand the guy for obvious reasons, but if you're going to be a cheap player than back it up.

Good call I don't see this punk making it in the NHL. The NHL players would eat him alive the first time he chopped a top smaller skilled player into the boards. In that case I could see the officials getting out of the way and letting justice take its course.

Good call I don't see this punk making it in the NHL. The NHL players would eat him alive the first time he chopped a top smaller skilled player into the boards. In that case I could see the officials getting out of the way and letting justice take its course.

You mean like the referee will skate over and ask the other team if they're going to let that punk get away with that stuff?

By the way did you see the 'major' slash that the Denver player milked. Pathetic.

You mean like the referee will skate over and ask the other team if they're going to let that punk get away with that stuff?

By the way did you see the 'major' slash that the Denver player milked. Pathetic.

Very weak call he embellished it a lot, there is no way that should have been a 5 minute major. Other than that call I thought the ref was pretty good all weekend. I was wondering if we could get him for next weekend.

Very weak call he embellished it a lot, there is no way that should have been a 5 minute major. Other than that call I thought the ref was pretty good all weekend. I was wondering if we could get him for next weekend.

He was a bit into the ticky tack calls, but I guess as long as you're consistent that's ok. In the NHL the players know any tug with the stick means you're sitting. That's a better situation than the sometimes it's called and sometimes not.

As far as next weekend....Campion didn't work in the WCHA this weekend. I wouldn't put it past Sheppard to inflict him upon us and Mankato again. At least you could think it might be equally bad.

First day in the AHL?

I would bet it will occur during Edmonton camp as I think Paukovitch is a Oiler draft pick.

Mr. Greene, meet Mr. Paukovitch.

On a side note, I see where Greene got into another fight in the Colorado game the other night. Anybody see the game and could comment on the outcome? Greene was also shown in a recent SI picture fighting some other guy. Looks like he is really taking on the enforcer role in the Edmonton lineup.

Lastly, I loved seeing the Dogs beat DU last night in Denver. Duluth has some offensive talent. 4 points against UMD is no guarantee. The Sioux will need to come to play every weekend from here on in.

With all the embellishing that DU does, I hope they are developing a reputation. In the last year, we have Gwoz admitting he tells his players to turn their backs towards the player when being checked, Fischer's pathetic dive against Minnesota, not this. If we had a decent head of officiating this could be fixed real fast... :D

I do hope Hak sends a video of DU's "greatest hits" before we play.

I would bet it will occur during Edmonton camp as I think Paukovitch is a Oiler draft pick.

Mr. Greene, meet Mr. Paukovitch.

On a side note, I see where Greene got into another fight in the Colorado game the other night. Anybody see the game and could comment on the outcome? Greene was also shown in a recent SI picture fighting some other guy. Looks like he is really taking on the enforcer role in the Edmonton lineup.

Lastly, I loved seeing the Dogs beat DU last night in Denver. Duluth has some offensive talent. 4 points against UMD is no guarantee. The Sioux will need to come to play every weekend from here on in.

I saw the Greene fight against Laperriere on hockey fights .com. Neither side had any real good blows. They were tied up pretty good and never really got going before the refs jumped in. Not really much of a fight. Laperriere leveled a Oilers player and Greene jumped in and challenged him.

Maybe I've got it wrong, but I don't see taking a grudge against a new teammate. That's got to be a bad thing for the team.

Punk-o-bitch is a hack and deserves to have his ass kicked but I don't think it will be from a team mate. Maybe Boogaard but I would not think Greene would, especially if they are team mates

One fallacy that has to be disabused is that Paukovitch will make the NHL. Right now he's not even in the top 50 of WCHA scorers. He's got 15 points at the forward position.

He'll get his chance in the minors. If he wants to get above that he's going to have to really improve his game.

One fallacy that has to be disabused is that Paukovitch will make the NHL. Right now he's not even in the top 50 of WCHA scorers. He's got 15 points at the forward position.

He'll get his chance in the minors. If he wants to get above that he's going to have to really improve his game.

You know what?

I don't believe anyone who says Paukovitch won't make the NHL. I think he will. If Boogaard, Brashear, Cam Janssen, and the like can make the NHL, then Paukovitch will as well.