SiouxSports.com Forum

Final 5 seating

dj_hoime

They don't seem to have a specific area for any teams. We always get the same seats, 6th row in section 109 and the same Gopher fans sit behind us every year. We have actually gotten to be friends over the years and have even met up with them the last 2 Frozen Fours. So there are some decent Gopher fans... though few and far between! :D

Any seat at the Xcel is going to be a good seat. Beer lines are never long. Wally the beerman usually parks his stuff right behind our section! I don't know about the men's restroom lines.. I don't go there.

We're in section 119 (I think) lower level. Womens bathrooms are directly behind us so we don't have to go far. Beer guys park near the bathroom between games and periods. Nice people as well as jerks from different teams all around us. The Gopher fans behind us have gotten a little less obnoxious over the years but they still laugh and think it's funny when the Gopher jerks behind them throw food at us. We've never talked to them, taunted them, or anything to start the food throwing stuff. They're just a$$holes. :D

We're in section 119 (I think) lower level. Womens bathrooms are directly behind us so we don't have to go far. Beer guys park near the bathroom between games and periods. Nice people as well as jerks from different teams all around us. The Gopher fans behind us have gotten a little less obnoxious over the years but they still laugh and think it's funny when the Gopher jerks behind them throw food at us. We've never talked to them, taunted them, or anything to start the food throwing stuff. They're just a$$holes. :D

Yes, but they are also a bunch of pansy-a$$es when they are challenged to take it outside. Imagine...being afraid to fight a girl. Weenies. :ohmy:

Yes, but they are also a bunch of pansy-a$$es when they are challenged to take it outside. Imagine...being afraid to fight a girl. Weenies. :D

:lol: Yeah, I'm 'just a girl' but I could take those weenies with one hand tied behind my back (and my two sons at my side!!). :ohmy:

It goes both ways, I had Sioux fans sitting behind me last year during the Gopher-SCSU game at the Final 5 and they were equally rude to us without us saying a word to them all night. Every fan base has fans that are jerks, it's a sad reality of college sports these days.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't really related to "seating" but more about lodging. I'd like to hear any ideas or suggestions about good places to stay near the X that are within walking distance, that might still have rooms available, or places with availability that might have a shuttle service of some kind set up. I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world and leave it to me to start looking for rooms a month before the F5.

Tell them if they throw food at you one more time your going to get security. I would personally go up there and tell them if they don't like getting a drink dumped on their head to stop throwing food. We had some @$$whole throw stuff at us after we celebrated a goal when we played Wisconsin. It was a one time deal and I think it came from the Wisconsin band actually.

This isn't really related to "seating" but more about lodging. I'd like to hear any ideas or suggestions about good places to stay near the X that are within walking distance, that might still have rooms available, or places with availability that might have a shuttle service of some kind set up. I'm the biggest procrastinator in the world and leave it to me to start looking for rooms a month before the F5.

Good luck; there probably won't be any close. The Holiday Inn is sold out every year during the final five.

I checked around last season and 10 miles was as close as I got.

Don't talk about me that way! I am not a nice person.

Tickets are hard to get at this time. I would recommend the neighborhood that includes LFSPRO and 01GRAD. That would be Section 117 behind the benches. We have a good cross section of decent fans there but best of all, we are there!

As far as rooms, we have stayed several places but like the location of the Kelly Inn. Not to close but not to far, good bar especially on St. Patty's Day. The link is http://www.bestwesternstpaul.com/

The nice thing is they allow reservations a year in advance with no deposit.

Tell them if they throw food at you one more time your going to get security. I would personally go up there and tell them if they don't like getting a drink dumped on their head to stop throwing food. We had some @$$whole throw stuff at us after we celebrated a goal when we played Wisconsin. It was a one time deal and I think it came from the Wisconsin band actually.

Good idea. I thought about going up there and beating the crap out of them but nothings worse than a crying Goofer fan. I made one cry with words only a few years ago, not a pretty sight.

In the past, we've stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in, I think Roseville, just north of downtown Minny. It's about 7 miles or so away from the X, so it's not usually to bad of a drive. Just wanted to get closer than we usually were but I think at this point getting any room would be solid. Does St. Pattys day land on one of the days of the Final 5 again ? Can't get any better than donning the Sioux green on St. Pattys day and cheering on the Sioux.

In the past, we've stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in, I think Roseville, just north of downtown Minny. It's about 7 miles or so away from the X, so it's not usually to bad of a drive. Just wanted to get closer than we usually were but I think at this point getting any room would be solid. Does St. Pattys day land on one of the days of the Final 5 again ? Can't get any better than donning the Sioux green on St. Pattys day and cheering on the Sioux.

Final game day is Saturday, March 17, 2007!! :D