SiouxSports.com Forum

Revamp the NCAA Tourney

GeauxSioux

Revamp The NCAA Tournament

So here's a thought. Have Atlantic Hockey and the CHA champion's playoff at one regional in a play-in game. That allows one more team from the Big Four conferences to get in that probably deserved to. That winning team plays the No. 1 overall seed. That guarantees that both conference winners in the CHA and AHA make the tourney. They'll just have an extra game. The negative is that they'll play three in three or three in four days to get out of the regional.

The NCAA Tourney is fine as it is. There is no reason to screw the two new leagues. How do they ever get better if you automatically make them cannon fodder for the first seed? The real frauds are the ECACHL and CCHA. Those leagues have done virtually nothing in the tournament in about 5 years, with multiple entries. It wasn't that long ago we only had a 12 team tourney. Those extra four spots are due to the CHA and Atlantic Hockey.

The play-in sucks for the NCAA hoops tourney and it would suck for hockey as well.

Honestly, I think that is a terrible idea. With something like that there wouldn't be the chance for the teams in those conferences to get their shot at the big boys. We all know what can happen when you give a team everybody says has no shot and let them play one of the big boys, upsets can happen. Makes for fun hockey.

Well if it's true that Holy Cross would have had to play an extra game before destroying the Gofers last year than it's officially a bad idea. Sorry GeauxSioux...

Nothing to apolgize to me for. I didn't write the article, I just posted it.

By the way Tommiejo, it has warmed up a lot since Sunday PM when we were below freezing. Tonight's low is about 50.

Actually, since the NCAA has a hard time acknowledging losing teams (hence the March Madness field of 165 and the Bowl system), I say just let everyone make the NCAAs and give out participation ribbons to those who don't make the field of 16.

That way, "everyone is a winner." :silly:

By the way Tommiejo, it has warmed up a lot since Sunday PM when we were below freezing. Tonight's low is about 50.

Prepare the guest room. I'm comin' down to stay with you. :D

Grand Forks' high on Sunday is supposed to be -18. :silly: