SiouxSports.com Forum

The height of hypocrisy

petey23

So the School that won't play us in any other sport, and refuses to even say our name has no problem selling Sioux gear in their arena? :ohmy:

I thought that was weird too. $85 seemed quite steep so I don't think they could have possibly sold many. Never have I seen another team's gear for sale at Mariucci.

I'm assuming they were selling Sioux jerseys? Apart from the whole hypocrisy this, what the hell are they even doing selling Sioux stuff?

they had t shirts, jerseys, hats, and sweatshirts. I have a picture on my camera phone but as I am not a computer wiz, I am trying to figure out how to post it.

Yeah. Apparently the Big Brass also is not going to school the student section about how hostile and abusive they are with their

"Sioux Suck" cheers. Talk about being in the face of an entire culture in a demeaning way. But they won't play us?? Too funny.

Of course, the Gopher student cheering section has long suffered from idiocy and uncreativity. The "Junior College" chant made no sense. They package their cheers meant for St. Cloud and Mankato, and use it on everyone. They obviously do not know that North Dakota is a land grant university that has been around nearly as long as their school, and that it is a national leader in many programs, just as is the UMtc.

It was fun giving it back to the students this past weekend. A lot of Gopher tail stuck firmly between the legs as they emptied the John with time still on the clock.

Sioux gear sold at mariyucky ....... hey they are just trying to give the goofer store some (desperately needed) class!

Selling Sioux gear there is far more hostile and abusive than the Fighting Sioux name!!!!!!!!!

Did anybody notice if they had a banner from last years west regional hanging with the other loser banners in the rink?

It's the "U". Anything to make $$$$. I was surprised to see it too, like the first post said especially with the whole controversy going on.

I was surprised there wasn't any protestors outside of Mariucci either night.....at least I didn't see any. I wish there would have been, I would have told them to shove their picket signs where the sun don't shine. :ohmy:

Watching the tape of the game I was surprised at how loud the Sioux crowd was. It almost sounded like a home crowd.

First year in many that I wasn't present for at least one game at Mariucci. Maybe it's me?

I thought the crowd sounded louder than they do at the Ralph.....some chants going. It was fun to listen to.

Watching the tape of the game I was surprised at how loud the Sioux crowd was. It almost sounded like a home crowd.

First year in many that I wasn't present for at least one game at Mariucci. Maybe it's me?

Me too dagies, it is a shame to think that I should not ever see another Sioux victory at mariyucky

hats off to all of the Sioux fans that were at the games !

There were Soiux fans EVERYWHERE last night (the only game I was at this weekend). Normally there is always the visiting crowd right behind the vistor bench but they were literally all over the place last night, I think thats why it was so loud, cheers coming from all over the arena instead of just one given area usually. Every section I saw had a few pockets of Sioux fans in it.

There were Soiux fans EVERYWHERE last night (the only game I was at this weekend). Normally there is always the visiting crowd right behind the vistor bench but they were literally all over the place last night, I think thats why it was so loud, cheers coming from all over the arena instead of just one given area usually. Every section I saw had a few pockets of Sioux fans in it.

They are always in big numbers at Mariucci, but usually they are the ones slinking off at least one of the nights.

A story in the GF Herald today stated that UW will play UND in other sports being they already play them in

mens and womans hockey. How is it that UW has common sense and other schools like UM and Iowa don't YIKES

I guess UW is tired of losing to the Bison in Basket Ball.

Maturi (who I think is really in OUR corner) needs to take the committee members to the gift shop and show them "what's for sale!" in their own backyard! (HYPOCRITES!)

I sent an e-mail to that jackass asking him what was up. He better have a damn good explanation for this although I'm sure he won't respond.

I sent an e-mail to that jackass asking him what was up. He better have a damn good explanation for this although I'm sure he won't respond.

I read that he went to the committee and asked them to lighten up the injunction (for lack of a better term) and they would not budge - whether this is true or not - I have no way of knowing.

What else is funny is that they allow the hostile and abusive Sioux to participate on some non-revenue sports such as track and swimming/diving - from what I understand anyway.

I read that he went to the committee and asked them to lighten up the injunction (for lack of a better term) and they would not budge - whether this is true or not - I have no way of knowing.

What else is funny is that they allow the hostile and abusive Sioux to participate on some non-revenue sports such as track and swimming/diving - from what I understand anyway.

Swimming and Diving that'll come to an end because we are usually on top at the end of the Minnesota Invitational