SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

I've been really surprised at the love people have for Porter as an offensive threat. He's not. He does a good job grinding and as a defensive player but that's about it.

Porter is one of the best passers on the ice. I would like to see him use his strength some more in front of the net though. Also I wouldn't want to be a player giving half effort when Porter was around.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porter is one of the best passers on the ice. I would like to see him use his strength some more in front of the net though. Also I wouldn't want to be a player giving half effort when Porter was around.

He must be playing with guys that can't finish then. He can't finish either or he would get more time on the PP.

Don't get me wrong. I think he has been a good player for us but IMHO he's incredibly average from a stats perspective. 5g 12a is hardly stellar and he's done very little in 2007. I think Hak is using him for what he's good at. Grinding.

I wish!

I am double wishing for hockey. I guess I am going to have to fill the void with more hockey until Friday get here.

The other night my wife asked me whats on TV. I said tonight is hockey night. My wife's response was every night is hockey night.

That's right. :)

I am double wishing for hockey. I guess I am going to have to fill the void with more hockey until Friday get here.

The other night my wife asked me whats on TV. I said tonight is hockey night. My wife's response was every night is hockey night.

That's right. :)

It is at our house, too. Thank God for NHL Centre Ice.

(Last night was great with all those shoot-outs)

A couple more things I forgot to mention. Porter may be the best PK player the Sioux have. How many times have you seen him holding the puck in the opponents corner, while killing a penalty. Also, if the Sioux lose a player I have seen Porter double shift for an entire period. The guy has to be in phenomenal shape.

A couple more things I forgot to mention. Porter may be the best PK player the Sioux have. How many times have you seen him holding the puck in the opponents corner, while killing a penalty. Also, if the Sioux lose a player I have seen Porter double shift for an entire period. The guy has to be in phenomenal shape.

He is the IronMan, 3 years running.

It is at our house, too. Thank God for NHL Centre Ice.

(Last night was great with all those shoot-outs)

I like the OT and the Shootouts the best. When the game was 2-1 I actually went and checked my email and blog, but when Bergeron scored I decided game on again. The Bruins are like the Wild when it comes to OT, they ussually don't lose very much.

So after that game I watched the Dallas and Wild game on Versus. While Versus has gotten better they just don't do it for me.

I don't know what it was. By the time the Wild game was over all the hockey was pretty much over. They need to have a 24/7 hockey channel during the season, kind of like XM-204

I couldn't agree more. Hak's utilizing his best abilities.

anyone else just catch the news..she's like. the sioux are playing at home this weekend vs mankato....But she said it like..mahnkahtoe..friggin hilarious! Media blows!

After hearing that, I ran to the nearest wall and started banging my head against it. :lol: How do you mess that up? :)

OK, hockey. The last time these teams played, UND was without Toews and Lammy, and Oshie was quite banged up and not able to make his usual spectacular plays. MSUM probably deserved some points out of that weekend, but Tormey was ugly in the nets.

This weekend, both teams should feature better goaltending, and both are confident and on a bit of a roll. The Sioux will play with an edge, because they think that's what turned their season around, and Mankato always plays a chippy game. In a special teams battle, I like UND's chances with DOT, Chorney and Bina.

um, according to Marilyn in the Herald today, we are playing UMD this weekend. It was so cute, I had to laugh. Which the women are playing them, so easy mistake to make.

Well I figure we have to cut her some slack because of her age. :(

seinfeld-779714.jpg

"Not that there's anything wrong with that!!!"

I don't think that was how I wanted that to come out. When I say bang them I mean check (legally) hard be in their face make them not want to be on the ice.

Get them thinking about their injuries, I am not suggesting anything shady or dirty. Legally get in their kitchen, to use a football term.