SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Gophers

Eskimos

I've got the game on tape and will watch it. I've watched it twice and have seen nothing like this other than 1 instance where the puck did fall under Lammy but didn't cross the line. Lammy fell back on the puck and was pushed into the net but he then move his leg back out. I didn't see any clue exactly where the puck was or ended up. Therefore no goal call could be made as it was under him.

i remember that happening, though I remember him landing on the puck another time too cause my friends and I were trying to figure out where the puck was until we saw that it was under lammy in the replay.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't care for the ending, but that was damn funny.

Thats pretty much the way I felt after last nights game! :ohmy:

No one cares to be a skin defect on a cow's backside. :lol:

GO SIOUX!

Brought to you by the "Friends don't let Friends cheer on the Dirty Rodents Foundation"

i remember that happening, though I remember him landing on the puck another time too cause my friends and I were trying to figure out where the puck was until we saw that it was under lammy in the replay.

In this instance, Lammy dove onto his stomach to cover what may have been an imaginary puck--It's not the time when he's on his back, and it's not the time when the camera loses the puck somewhere unde his left leg. His Right leg is INSIDE the net when the puck goes in and lands between his right leg and the net. I believe Goligoski was the gopher to shoot it on net, they scored on the PP a few seconds later, and I think Jones was on top of a gopher giving him a couple light jabs to the face. Does this help?

Holy cow, our boys can play!

In this instance, Lammy dove onto his stomach to cover what may have been an imaginary puck--It's not the time when he's on his back, and it's not the time when the camera loses the puck somewhere unde his left leg. His Right leg is INSIDE the net when the puck goes in and lands between his right leg and the net. I believe Goligoski was the gopher to shoot it on net, they scored on the PP a few seconds later, and I think Jones was on top of a gopher giving him a couple light jabs to the face. Does this help?

Holy cow, our boys can play!

Saturday's game, correct? The gophers only scored in the 1st period. I'll try and check it out tonite.

One more thing about Robbie. I loved his play in many aspects this weekend - but one thing that stood out with me was the way he takes the body. Twice - during Sioux PP's - a gopher had the puck in our zone and at least one if not two Sioux players were chasing him around trying to get it back. Then came Robbie - as soon as I could yell "take the body" (like it would help at all) he came in and "doink" (as John Madden would say) the brown and yellow was on the ice and we had the puck. The second one was Wooger's Saturday's "hit of the game"

Simple but hard nosed play - he is one of the best.

Okposo is a great player. He should be playing in the NHL as soon as possible. ;)

He is good until you check him, then he looks like he is going to cry. All finesse and no power no matter whatt their size (according to tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber on FSN only height matters anyway) they CANNOT take a check unless its them vs the goalie. Even then the goalie is looking the other way.

One more thing about Robbie. I loved his play in many aspects this weekend - but one thing that stood out with me was the way he takes the body. Twice - during Sioux PP's - a gopher had the puck in our zone and at least one if not two Sioux players were chasing him around trying to get it back. Then came Robbie - as soon as I could yell "take the body" (like it would help at all) he came in and "doink" (as John Madden would say) the brown and yellow was on the ice and we had the puck. The second one was Wooger's Saturday's "hit of the game"

Simple but hard nosed play - he is one of the best.

I love how for a smaller guy he can get underneath the other larger guys and stick 'em. He's really the only guy (at least that played for the Sioux) in the last 30 years that I remember being able to do that.

I love how for a smaller guy he can get underneath the other larger guys and stick 'em. He's really the only guy (at least that played for the Sioux) in the last 30 years that I remember being able to do that.

You have to admit that it is a curve ball to have Finley out there and all of the sudden you are hit by something you didn't even see. ;)

I love the way Robbie Bina plays as well, but I think that you are forgetting Curtis Murphy, the master of the hip check and one of the toughest small defensemen that you will ever see. Russ Parent also comes to mind.

I love the way Robbie Bina plays as well, but I think that you are forgetting Curtis Murphy, the master of the hip check and one of the toughest small defensemen that you will ever see. Russ Parent also comes to mind.

Yeah, it's more about how Bina gives him that solid body check, Murphy #2 did it in a different way. Parent was more of a Gennoway type defenseman if I remember right.

Kind of "off topic" but where are our loudmouth friends state of shock, and tc transvestite. Boy they sure have become quiet over the last couple of day's. I guess they got their dose of shut the hell and and I shouldn't complain. It's just so typical, spout off, look like idiots, then run and hide. Come on boy's where are ya.

I believe you are correct--must have been first period Howe goal?

edit: I checked and it was 5:52 left in the first period, right before Stoa's PP misdirection goal.

You are correct! I just watched the tape. We can complain about Campion but he missed that one. It's actually pretty funny watching Miller standing right in front of Campion and putting the blade of his stick over the puck like a little kid trying to hide the cookie he just stole, and then bending over and talking to Lammy while everybody else is battling away. In Campion's defense, there was a bit of stuff going on and from his angle it was probably impossible to see that the puck had slipped in that small space. It was hidden by the trim at the bottom of the net.

It looks like Wheeler knew it was in the goal and he started to celebrate and skate away. That puck was definately in the goal and should have counted. It looks like the boys knew it was in and they did a good job of covering it up. Campion was RIGHT there.

I know that they have reviewed goals that may or may not have gone in, in the past-what's the criteria for reviewing goals? If Wheeler thought it was in, would they have reviewed it?

I can't believe that we got through Sioux-Gopher week without arguing about whether UND can play on the big ice. What's happening to us? ;)

I remember years back the Sioux didn't used to play as well on the big ice. Must be nice to have the olympic sheet of ice to

practice on.