SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Weekend Road trip

LFSPRO

We are headed to MPLS on Thursday to get ready for the big games this weekend. This will be our first trip to see the Sioux play the Gophers in their house. Who else is going?

Our tickets are SRO, are there parking spots our is it just first come first serve. If so, is a certain area of the arena more popular than others with the Sioux faithful?

Any suggestions on where to go before and after the games?

Looking forward to a great hockey weekend and a pair of Sioux victories!

We are headed to MPLS on Thursday to get ready for the big games this weekend. This will be our first trip to see the Sioux play the Gophers in their house. Who else is going?

There is a group of us going down to Mariucci for the first time also. Unfortunately we can't leave until friday at 1. So we will get there just in time for the game on friday. Our tickets are also SRO. All of us with SRO will have to take over a section and congregate together!

No one has answered the parking question. Anyone have any tips? My group and I will not be getting to the arena until right before the puck drops. Any info on what our best bet might be?

Parking is a mess to put it mildly right now. If you are cutting it close don't go near the rink. Find a lot, dress warm and hoof it.

Me, my sister and my mom will also be going down. It's my mom's 50th birthday so we'll be heading down on Thursday to get some shopping in before the big game on Friday. Anybody have any thoughts on wearing Holy Cross jerseys to the game? :lol:

Parking is a mess to put it mildly right now. If you are cutting it close don't go near the rink. Find a lot, dress warm and hoof it.

Agreed. The big parking slab will be a mess due to the new football stadium. What I think you want to do is park at the Holiday Inn Metrodome ramp (a couple of bucks) and take the Sgt. Preston's fun bus to the John. That's your best bet.

Me, my sister and my mom will also be going down. It's my mom's 50th birthday so we'll be heading down on Thursday to get some shopping in before the big game on Friday. Anybody have any thoughts on wearing Holy Cross jerseys to the game? :lol:

Yes, get your Kelly Green and White on, and leave the purple in the closet. I will be leaving the Crusader flip-flops at home. :D

I would leave the Holy Cross jersey at home and save it for the Final Five. I would only wear mine if the Gophers are playing and the Sioux are not. :lol:

We are heading out on Thursday night and staying at ours son's place in Eden Prairie. Friday will be a trip to the "Hell of American" with my daughter and wife looking for a prom dress.

Thanks for the info on the parking and that SRO tickets are not assigned standing spots. Will need to get there early and claim our section on the rail.

Yes, get your Kelly Green and White on, and leave the purple in the closet. I will be leaving the Crusader flip-flops at home. :D

I was thinking about parking in the Huron Boulevard Parking Complex, but noticed on the U of M website (man that maroon and gold is ugly!) that access to this ramp might be contested due to construction. Can anyone verify this is true?

Fight on FIGHTING SIOUX!

-Heavy Metal Hockey

I haven't heard or read anything about it - so it probably won't happen - but I was wondering if there will be a fan bus from GF this weekend. I know tickets were hard to acquire as I can only get SRO two minutes after they become available every year - but just wondering.

That brings up another thought. I know the University of Minny Mystery downplays us as a substantial rival - sighting Sconny as the main one due to the Big 10 - and their arrogant fans ridicule us for even thinking that we are their biggest rival - as they are ours for obvious reasons. With that, why can't we get other than SRO tickets (if any at all) when these games mean so little to that elitest group of folks known as goofer fans.

Sounds like I wrote the last paragraph for the Trolls - perhaps I did

I haven't heard or read anything about it - so it probably won't happen - but I was wondering if there will be a fan bus from GF this weekend. I know tickets were hard to acquire as I can only get SRO two minutes after they become available every year - but just wondering.

That brings up another thought. I know the University of Minny Mystery downplays us as a substantial rival - sighting Sconny as the main one due to the Big 10 - and their arrogant fans ridicule us for even thinking that we are their biggest rival - as they are ours for obvious reasons. With that, why can't we get other than SRO tickets (if any at all) when these games mean so little to that elitest group of folks known as goofer fans.

Sounds like I wrote the last paragraph for the Trolls - perhaps I did

Maybe you can't get any tickets, because ALL games are sold out and season ticket holders like myself go to ALL games. Unless I am on Winter vacation in Mexico. My guess is there will always be a few tickets for sale on the street, but not many and not for face value.

Parking isn't nearly as bad as it's been suggested earlier in this thread, I don't think any lots have closed yet due to stadium construction. Personally, I usually park in the ramp right by Sally's, it's only $5, not a bad walk, and one is near Sally's or Stub's for post game libations.

Maybe you can't get any tickets, because ALL games are sold out and season ticket holders like myself go to ALL games. Unless I am on Winter vacation in Mexico. My guess is there will always be a few tickets for sale on the street, but not many and not for face value.

An expected albeit uninformed responce as I had little difficulty getting box office tickets for the CC series earlier this season. But that was early and (as eluded to) wasn't UND or Sconny.

Doubt that, as every week of home games, emails float through my work environment of people dumping their season seats for the weekend. Except this one... ???

Yes, get your Kelly Green and White on, and leave the purple in the closet. I will be leaving the Crusader flip-flops at home. :whistling:

PLEASE DONT SHOW UP IN PURPLE, LAST TIME I CHECK THE VIKINGS WERE NOT PLAYING, YOU GET MY DRIFT, BLEED GREEN AND WHITE, NO OTHER WAY TO DO IT...... LETS GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX