SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Officials

GeauxSioux

and do you think TDon will join any type of concensus on this? It appears to me that all he cares about is "his" players being robbed by the NHL and "his" players having to leave for the World Juniors during conference play. Total conceit - which is abundant in the "land of 10,000 excuses"

I see tDon got to your cheerios again this morning. You may be right though, given the Gophers poor special teams play and general inability to skate I can see why they would against tighter officiating.

I see tDon got to your cheerios again this morning. You may be right though, given the Gophers poor special teams play and general inability to skate I can see why they would against tighter officiating.

The only thing that got in my cheerios this AM was negligence on my part to classify tDon as tDawn in an effort to keep up with your pathetic fans attempt in the non-masculine jabs.

I'm not the biggest fan of Dubay, but I do not agree with removing him from broadcasts for comments that were made off the air.

That's pretty crazy. I'd be interested to know what was said and who was around when he said it. If it really was off the air, why would this be a fireable offense? Who was there to hear it? It must have been awfully bad if they would let him go for something he said off-air.

Sounds like the WCHA is sensitive about their officials. There's one way to fix that, besides censorship....

It is true. Puffy talked about it today on his show.

Thats horrible if you going to have a tv personality fired for bringing up the reality. The ref in that series really sucked. There isn't any way you could sugar coat it.

Horrible is the first word that comes to my mind.

That's pretty crazy. I'd be interested to know what was said and who was around when he said it. If it really was off the air, why would this be a fireable offense? Who was there to hear it? It must have been awfully bad if they would let him go for something he said off-air.

Sounds like the WCHA is sensitive about their officials. There's one way to fix that, besides censorship....

Don't know what was said, but I think it was Hartman who said that Dubay was talking about the officiating and said it loud enough so that the officials (who apparently were within earshot) heard it. They complained to the WCHA and the WCHA asked that FSN not allow Dubay to be allowed to be on the air from any WCHA contests and FSN fired him.

What was interesting was that Chad Hartman said that Sid Hartman was doing this a long time before Dubay was and Sid gets away with it.

And don't say it, dagies, McLeod and Shepherd aren't interested to hear it. To them, the WCHA's officiating has never been better. You'll only get asked to leave. ???

And don't say it, dagies, McLeod and Shepherd aren't interested to hear it. To them, the WCHA's officiating has never been better. You'll only get asked to leave. :whistling:

You don't think they're interested in hearing me say that Dean Blais should take over as Commish of the WCHA? ???

Boy, the posters over at GPL (for the most part) are taking it pretty hard about their beloved Puffy getting canned. In the little over 24 hours that it was announced that Puffy was released, they've almost had as many posts for his cause than discussing the upcoming games this weekend. They are taking it harder than Puffy seems to be (at least from what Puffy has said about his release on the air). It's pretty amusing really. I'd be curious to their reaction if it happened to someone other than their Puff God. Nooooooooooooo..............not Puffy!

Boy, the posters over at GPL (for the most part) are taking it pretty hard about their beloved Puffy getting canned. In the little over 24 hours that it was announced that Puffy was released, they've almost had as many posts for his cause than discussing the upcoming games this weekend. They are taking it harder than Puffy seems to be (at least from what Puffy has said about his release on the air). It's pretty amusing really. I'd be curious to their reaction if it happened to someone other than their Puff God. Nooooooooooooo..............not Puffy!

I still say they should have kept Puffy and got rid of Mazocco. Could you imagine Dougy and Doobers doing play by play......never a dull moment there. Who would throw who over the ledge first.

I think most people are taking it so hard because of the circumstances he was let go for. It is kind of candy-ass'ish of FSN to do that the way they did. Unless they were not happy with his work and this gave them an out......which very well could be, who knows.

Don't know what was said, but I think it was Hartman who said that Dubay was talking about the officiating and said it loud enough so that the officials (who apparently were within earshot) heard it. They complained to the WCHA and the WCHA asked that FSN not allow Dubay to be allowed to be on the air from any WCHA contests and FSN fired him.

What was interesting was that Chad Hartman said that Sid Hartman was doing this a long time before Dubay was and Sid gets away with it.

And don't say it, dagies, McLeod and Shepherd aren't interested to hear it. To them, the WCHA's officiating has never been better. You'll only get asked to leave. ???

It seems to me some of the things said by Wooger/FM and/or Sonmor on-air are more critical of the officials than Dubay's comments off-air, especially Glen when he gets wound up.

Most simply think it was a bad result and aren't choked up. :whistling:

I agree also but I find it amusing how much discussion it has gotten because it was Puff Puff. Now tell me the truth, there is some deep-seeded reason why you all care about Puffy so much. Perhaps it's you are all trying to live vicariously through him. I mean he does have a job talking about sports all day, from what I know, really does nothing else....has privileges at various establishments throughout the cities because of his on-air status....has time to golf a lot....and has a puck-bunny as a wife. Now you know as well as I do that Puffy wouldn't have any of those had it not been for Ventura running for Governor (he probably wouldn't have gotten the on-air job had Ventura not left) and that is why Gopher fans hold him in such high regard. He went from nothing to being the envy of you all. Come on, the first step is admitting it. ???

(FYI...before I get blasted for the above, keep in mind that the above was pretty much in jest and just trying to be funny / sarcastic.)

I agree also but I find it amusing how much discussion it has gotten because it was Puff Puff. Now tell me the truth, there is some deep-seeded reason why you all care about Puffy so much. Perhaps it's you are all trying to live vicariously through him. I mean he does have a job talking about sports all day, from what I know, really does nothing else....has privileges at various establishments throughout the cities because of his on-air status....has time to golf a lot....and has a puck-bunny as a wife. Now you know as well as I do that Puffy wouldn't have any of those had it not been for Ventura running for Governor (he probably wouldn't have gotten the on-air job had Ventura not left) and that is why Gopher fans hold him in such high regard. He went from nothing to being the envy of you all. Come on, the first step is admitting it. ???

(FYI...before I get blasted for the above, keep in mind that the above was pretty much in jest and just trying to be funny / sarcastic.)

I don't have a problem with that statement.

I still say they should have kept Puffy and got rid of Mazocco. Could you imagine Dougy and Doobers doing play by play......never a dull moment there. Who would throw who over the ledge first.

I think most people are taking it so hard because of the circumstances he was let go for. It is kind of candy-ass'ish of FSN to do that the way they did. Unless they were not happy with his work and this gave them an out......which very well could be, who knows.

Geebus, I'm agreeing with Fire Helmet Guy again!

Masucko is one, if not the worst color commentator in the WCHA.

Woog's a homer, sure, but at least he understands the game of hockey.

Woogies the color guy. Makookoo is supposed to be the worst play by play guy ever.

Some games I can even tolerate woogie.

I think Mazzocco is the brutally blind homer--even though he is a fine Italian boy. On the other hand I think Woog is very impartial but needs to stop trying to crack his ridicously stupid jokes. Doug comedy is not your thing. Stick with analyzing the game.

On the other hand I think Woog is very impartial

:whistling:

Now I know you don't really mean that. After his comment about how UP in NORTH DAKOTA they let their players out early

before they serve out the full penalty. I lost respect for him. I know one of the guys who work the box and that is plain insulting. ???

We got jobbed by the officials at Minnesota. Is there a link to the WCHA that we can email our protests?

I am not so sure they would answer you email any ways in the eyes of the WCHA commish they don't see a problem with there officials.

Also, even with the poor officating we were able to take two from the Goofers.