SiouxSports.com Forum

5 New Hockey Rinks coming to Fargo

LB#11

Press confrence is scheduled for 7:30 tonite at Colliseum. It coincides with the 23rd annual Flyer International Squirt Tournament's "Squirt Olympics".

If everything went as planned this week, Blais was in town Tuesday to hammer out a contract, the group will unveil the formal plans for the UP Center, have Gino on hand to announce an USHL expansion team, and introduce their new coach. Should be a very energetic confrence with close to 1500 squirts running around. :glare:

I don't know what is going to happen besides that the UP Center is a go. I have no inside info on the USHL team or on Blais, other than he was in town Tuesday to negotiate.

Tune in to your 10:00 news!! Exciting times for Fargo hockey!!! ???;)

Press confrence is scheduled for 7:30 tonite at Colliseum. It coincides with the 23rd annual Flyer International Squirt Tournament's "Squirt Olympics".

If everything went as planned this week, Blais was in town Tuesday to hammer out a contract, the group will unveil the formal plans for the UP Center, have Gino on hand to announce an USHL expansion team, and introduce their new coach. Should be a very energetic confrence with close to 1500 squirts running around. :silly:

I don't know what is going to happen besides that the UP Center is a go. I have no inside info on the USHL team or on Blais, other than he was in town Tuesday to negotiate.

Tune in to your 10:00 news!! Exciting times for Fargo hockey!!! :ohmy::lol:

Anyone out here heard anything yet? I'll be watching the news tonight, but was wondering if you've heard. I've heard from my sources that Blais has signed - quite possibly for 3-5 years. In his contract he has some "outs" in case a college job that he likes opens up. Again, this is what I've heard, but am wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Oh, I just can't wait to hear what that idiot McFeeley has to say about this!

More importantly what Sioux fans have to say about this!

This means Blais essentially stepped down from tons of money and fame coaching UND to coach a USHL team. :silly:

It solidifies many unfortunate rumors.

I thought this was a hockey only arena.

It will feature five ice sheets, including a main arena that will seat 5,000 for hockey and 6,000 for basketball and volleyball. The main users will be Fargo youth hockey, Fargo Public Schools and Shanley hockey, and the USHL team.

I thought this was a hockey only arena.

Since the School District is a part owner along with the Park Board and the Youth Hockey Association they will need to keep that main arena full. I don't think it will be used for any regular season games, but will be used for regional type tournaments.

Let's make another bid for the WJC with the REA and the UP Center. No one could complain about the hotels situation with both Fargo and GF hosting and only 60 minutes of interstate traffic between the two venues. :silly::ohmy:

I'll be very interested to see if they can get the facility built in 18 months.

When I read the Fargo Forum articles I still see a lot of hurdles:

Those involved in the project expressed confidence they can accomplish a list of five things that must happen before ground is broken:

- Each of the four Fargo youth hockey groups needs to sell about $75,000 worth of season tickets to high school games. The tickets will be sold in place of other fundraisers such as pizza sales, said Al Hintz, representing Fargo Flyers youth hockey.

- The facility

No it doesn't.

Meaning what? :lol:

The only rumors I heard about Dean coaching were @ Mankota State. If you heard Dean this morning, he plans on staying in close contact with UND. I think we may have another version of Shattack.

Did anyone here listen to Berning on the radio this morning? I didn't catch it, but I was told that they have sold 31 of the 40 boxes, and of the 9 remaning, they have 17 "groups" interested. Is that true? I had also heard that they have sold about 30 or so of the 300 Club seats. If anyone heard the interview on the radio and has some information about it, could you please give an update?

Thanks!

Did anyone here listen to Berning on the radio this morning? I didn't catch it, but I was told that they have sold 31 of the 40 boxes, and of the 9 remaning, they have 17 "groups" interested. Is that true? I had also heard that they have sold about 30 or so of the 300 Club seats. If anyone heard the interview on the radio and has some information about it, could you please give an update?

Thanks!

I didn't hear the interview with Berning, but heard the suites should be sold out within a couple weeks. We had a meeting on Friday night with our group that is purchasing a suite, at first we were getting one suite... that turned into 2 suites...now it looks like we will be needing a 3rd. I'm not trying to sell this for any reason, but if anyone is interested you best get on the stick. I know Coach Blais said last Friday when he was on with Hennen that the suites will be sold out in a couple weeks.

I didn't hear the interview with Berning, but heard the suites should be sold out within a couple weeks. We had a meeting on Friday night with our group that is purchasing a suite, at first we were getting one suite... that turned into 2 suites...now it looks like we will be needing a 3rd. I'm not trying to sell this for any reason, but if anyone is interested you best get on the stick. I know Coach Blais said last Friday when he was on with Hennen that the suites will be sold out in a couple weeks.

Holy! Do you need others to go in on the suites with, or do you have it covered? If you need others...how much are you talking per person? If you'd like to PM me and let me know that would be great. I haven't used the "pm" stuff before, so may take a bit to figure it out!

Holy! Do you need others to go in on the suites with, or do you have it covered? If you need others...how much are you talking per person? If you'd like to PM me and let me know that would be great. I haven't used the "pm" stuff before, so may take a bit to figure it out!

I sent you a message, did you get it?

• 4 years later...