SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

nodak.gifVS bemidji.gif

LAST WEEKEND RESULTS

sioux friday 3-3 tie vs seawolves, saturday 4-0 win.

beavers friday 4-1 loss @ michigan tech, saturday 3-2 loss.

SIOUX are 4-1-1 in last 6 games. Goalie Phil Lamoureux has played all 6 of these games while posting a 1.33 GAA. Giving up 8 goals in 6 games.

BEAVERS ran a 10 game unbeaten streak before the last couple of weeks. They are 5-3-0 vs the WCHA. Swept MSU in mankato, swept Duluth home and home. split series at CC. then were swept at michigan tech.

SIOUX

5th in the WCHA, 16 Points

Tied for 14th in the PAIRWISE rankings

Overall Record: 11-11-2 (.500)

WCHA: 7-9-2, 16 points

Home: 5-7-2

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sioux are currently the first team out when it comes to the ncaa's. they need to sweep this weekend. bemidji (up until playing michigan tech) has dominated the wcha. a win on their sheet should do some good things for the sioux's chances of getting into the playoffs. not to mention, it will help bring more wins to a team that seems to have turned it around.

This will not be easy but a sweep here is surely needed with the tough schedule coming up. Not only will 4 points help us in the standings but it will also help the team gain even more confidence in turning this team around, as we have done the past couple years. I hope this week flies by thats for sure. I'd also expect some physical play from both teams next weekend.

This will not be easy but a sweep here is surely needed with the tough schedule coming up. Not only will 4 points help us in the standings but it will also help the team gain even more confidence in turning this team around, as we have done the past couple years. I hope this week flies by thats for sure. I'd also expect some physical play from both teams next weekend.

there will be no points won as this is a non conference series.

lets stay physical!!

Who all is going to Bemidji??? My friends and I have a group of 12 that are going... I'm so excited, we've had tickets for like two months... and it's finally time to go!!! :sad:

wish i would have planned this weekend instead of the crappy sconnie weekend. would have been nice to see my 2 favorite teams square off. i know my uncle has 3 that are going from g forks....have a great time and make sure to have a burger at slims bar

We are making it a hockey weekend. We will go to Bemidji Friday night, then up to Baudette for the outdoor game on LotW, then to Grand Forks for Game 2 and maybe stop at a Shattuck game on the way home on Sunday. Hoping for 2 convincing Sioux wins. \right now I really don't think that UND is a better team than BSU so a loss wouldn't terribly surprise me. I should bring a "Free Kaip " sign to the Friday night game... :sad:

We are making it a hockey weekend. We will go to Bemidji Friday night, then up to Baudette for the outdoor game on LotW, then to Grand Forks for Game 2 and maybe stop at a Shattuck game on the way home on Sunday. Hoping for 2 convincing Sioux wins. \right now I really don't think that UND is a better team than BSU so a loss wouldn't terribly surprise me. I should bring a "Free Kaip " sign to the Friday night game... :sad:

Rylan was simply trying to make his way to the bench when Anderson's face interfered with Rylan's fist.

will Kaip even go since they are coming back to play the next night and he can't play anyway? I was thinking that anyone who won't play just won't make the trip. It would still be funny though.

Hmmmmm....I may have two extra tickets. Could make up my gas money!

Just kidding. If I have 2 extra, I'll post it on here for any Sioux fans at face value.

You may just want to keep those two tickets so you have a little extra room to sit or stand, whichever you prefer. I have two season tickets and it is nice to be able to sit with a little extra space.

So do you mean that just for this series it has been sold out for awhile? Why is that? Due to many sioux fans making the trip? Or is it a big deal playing us in bemidji? I'd like to go but probably will only go to the game here.

This is probably Bemidji's biggest game of the season. It's an awesome arena to go to even if it is teenie and cramped. It's got character.

I think the Sioux are playing well enough to sweep the Beavers. Will it happen? I don't know.

The Sioux aren't really playing great on Fridays yet. In their last 6 games, I believe they are 1-1-1 in the first tilt. 1-1 in conference. So, I guess they are .500.

BSU is no patsy. They have two goaltenders that have really good numbers and one goaltender who's basically got the best excuse in the world (health. I can't say Sedevie stinks because, looking at what's happened to him this past year... I'd probably not be thinking too hard about my game either). They seem to spread the offense around (as there doesn't seem to be a lot of high scoring players on BSU).

However, in my opinion, BSU's strength lies in their coaching. Serratore is a GREAT coach. In fact, I think there are many teams in the better conferences who wouldn't hesitate to woo this guy away if they had an opening. In fact, if the Bulldogs fire Sandelin (which will be sad but understandable), I wouldn't be surprised if Serratore is looked at.

In any case, we'll see what happens. We need to play physical hockey. We need to shoot the puck more (especially on the powerplay). We need to stay out of the box. Phil needs to continue to play the kind of quality hockey he's been playing the past 6 games.

The Sioux can dig themselves out of a HUGE hole this weekend, help Copps, TUCs, PWR, as well as likely get a quality road and home win. In short a sweep is huge towards getting an at large bit to the NCAAs. To date this is the biggest weekend of the year (possible exception on the Dartmouth Tourney). Need 2 wins!!!

The Sioux can dig themselves out of a HUGE hole this weekend, help Copps, TUCs, PWR, as well as likely get a quality road and home win. In short a sweep is huge towards getting an at large bit to the NCAAs. To date this is the biggest weekend of the year (possible exception on the Dartmouth Tourney). Need 2 wins!!!

Wow, a WCHA team saying that a series against the Beavers is huge for their team??? :sad: Maybe hell has really frozen over..... :D

It is big for both teams. This season was turning out to be one that could validate the BSU program, going 5-1 against the WCHA before last weekend. But then laying the egg they did on Friday night and not holding a 2-0 lead going into the third on Saturday night, it took some of the luster off the season (and I had to be there to witness it). But if they can get one (or two with a small miracle) from the Sioux, it would get the Beavers back on track.

It is big for both teams. This season was turning out to be one that could validate the BSU program, going 5-1 against the WCHA before last weekend. But then laying the egg they did on Friday night and not holding a 2-0 lead going into the third on Saturday night, it took some of the luster off the season (and I had to be there to witness it). But if they can get one (or two with a small miracle) from the Sioux, it would get the Beavers back on track.

Those MTU games were a killer for BSU's at large NCAA bid possibilities. BSU needs to sweep the Sioux or plan on winning their conference tourney dogfight to make the tourney.