SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday @ CC

HockeyMom

I completely agree that NDSU hockey will not happen anytime in the near future. I meant more along the lines of if anyone else heard the whole discussion. What they were talking about. Were they discussing possible CHA expansion and if so, were other schools named? Or were they talking about BSU trying to get into the WCHA? They are supposedly making a propossal to the WCHA at the NCAA convention.

If someone told me that NDSU has been talking with the CHA, I'd have to go change my shorts.

I taped the game so I could catch everything they said and posted their comments here:

Blais to NDSU Thread

I really thought there'd be more discussion on it, but I guess it's a topic that's been argued plenty of times before. Just seems really strange for CSTV to bring it up.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But a coach can't control if your goalie is going to have an off-night like Jordan Parise had last year. Hakstol can't control Smaby getting his feet crossed and falling down, allowing Gerbe(?) to have a breakaway opportunity.

I'm as passionate as anyone on here about Sioux hockey and Sioux sports in general, but to read/hear so many people giving up on the season, coach, or players, it's really disheartening to see.

Here is something for you guys to consider: Hakstol has a record of 63-42-7 for his career, its not too bad if you throw out this season, however against the top teams in the WCHA he has gone 13-23-1 that is about a .360 winning percentage. Breaking it down that coaching record, thats 2-6 against Denver, 3-6 against C.C., 4-4 against Minnesota, 4-7-1 against Wisconsin, that means he has a 50-19-6 record against the rest of the teams he has played.

The wonderful thing about sitting in the press box during Sioux games is that I get to hear all sorts of lame theories and baseless rumors that some media types take very seriously.

Patrick, you are truly Grand Fork's Sid Hartman! :lol::lol: Let's get you a Sunday morning radio gig.

I taped the game so I could catch everything they said and posted their comments here:

Blais to NDSU Thread

I really thought there'd be more discussion on it, but I guess it's a topic that's been argued plenty of times before. Just seems really strange for CSTV to bring it up.

I remember a few years ago during an interview when Dean was asked what he thought of NDSU starting a DI hockey program and his reply was " Good, it would just be another sport where we would kick their ass in" Do we think that thought has changed much?

Patrick, you are truly Grand Fork's Sid Hartman! :lol::lol: Let's get you a Sunday morning radio gig.

Only Sid publishes the rumors, sometimes I think he makes them up himself and prints them. I think PCM is better reporter and a better read, for one he isn't a babbling 80+ year old man and his stuff is usually taken as fact, or at least he has me fooled. Of course the calamity of it all is Sid gets paid will PCM is only a Pseudo reporter (I don't think I spelled that one right). :lol:

I do like that idea though; it would be cool to have a Sunday morning talk show talking only about sports, (Sioux football, hockey and how bad the Vikes suck). I think it would be fun to listen too, then PCM could call people geniuses and hang up on them just like Sid. It would be fun as hell.

Only Sid publishes the rumors, sometimes I think he makes them up himself and prints them. I think PCM is better reporter and a better read, for one he isn't a babbling 80+ year old man and his stuff is usually taken as fact, or at least he has me fooled. Of course the calamity of it all is Sid gets paid will PCM is only a Pseudo reporter (I don't think I spelled that one right). :lol:

I do like that idea though; it would be cool to have a Sunday morning talk show talking only about sports, (Sioux football, hockey and how bad the Vikes suck). I think it would be fun to listen too, then PCM could call people geniuses and hang up on them just like Sid. It would be fun as hell.

I like it. But summertime would be tough. How much material can you glean from the goings on at the GF Speedway on Friday night, or the catfish tournament? :lol:

I like it. But summertime would be tough. How much material can you glean from the goings on at the GF Speedway on Friday night, or the catfish tournament? :lol:

We would have to suspend it for the summer. I like the Racing Idea but a lot of people don't.

I can come up with lame theories and baseless rumors with the best of them - winter, spring, summer or fall. :lol:

I can come up with lame theories and baseless rumors with the best of them - winter, spring, summer or fall. :lol:

What is your knowledge about Sprint Cars and Late Models? :lol:

It wouldn't be hard to defile the Baseball world and Childress gives us a lot to groan about.

...Childress gives us a lot to groan about...

Do you listen to the weekly show with Paul Allen and Childress? Man, that's painful..If I were PA, I'd demand hazard pay. Childress makes me want to turn the knob to another station....you know you aren't going to get any meaningful information anyway.

Do you listen to the weekly show with Paul Allen and Childress? Man, that's painful..If I were PA, I'd demand hazard pay. Childress makes me want to turn the knob to another station....you know you aren't going to get any meaningful information anyway.

I agree I have heard a few of his press conferences and they are brutal.

What is your knowledge about Sprint Cars and Late Models? :lol:

It wouldn't be hard to defile the Baseball world and Childress gives us a lot to groan about.

I know practically nothing about baseball or car racing. But I don't see why that should stop me from pontificating about them on the radio. :lol:

Really? I thought he was showing us how crafty a head coach he is. I mean, he knows that the first thing opposing teams do is to tune into coaches show to find out how to play the Vikings.

That's why we haven't had such a good year. Opposing coaches are either tuning into the coaches show every Wednesday or reading PCM's recaps here so they can learn how to play the Sioux better.

I think Hakstol should be fired for giving away valuable intel to other teams via the media. :silly:

Childress isn't a very good head coach thus far, but he is a first year coach. I think he's like a 3 year old who just got a toy he always wanted and doesn't want to share it just yet. Maybe he'll come around. Maybe he'll have to be slapped and sent into time-out. :D

I don't think there's one NHL team that plays as tough a game from the back end, on the blueline, as North Dakota does. They've got at least 5 guys that always play the body and are big enough and strong enough that just drive you into the ice." Bill Clement 3:45 of the 3rd period

I noticed this on your post - Have you seen anything that remotely resembles this type of play this year - that is one of the points many of us have made.

Oh, and I have heard Clement doing a lot of Sioux games this year. What's your point? I suppose my tag line is out of date too.

You and me with our own radio show. That would be awesome, dude! :silly:

I got pretty excited when I seen the words "sprint cars" and "late models" on the Sioux hockey board. Are we gonna start talking racing here now, that would be great!!

PCM, the door is always open if you ever want to go to a race with me. I think you'd enjoy it. They even have beer there, but I'm sure I've told you that before!!

PCM, the door is always open if you ever want to go to a race with me. I think you'd enjoy it. They even have beer there, but I'm sure I've told you that before!!

You never told me the drivers drink beer while they're racing. That's something I'd go watch. :silly:

Oh, and I have heard Clement doing a lot of Sioux games this year. What's your point? I suppose my tag line is out of date too.

After Friday night's loss, there were multiple posts including mine that expressed unhappiness with the state of Sioux hockey - you can read them on this thread. JK, basically called all of these posts "incredibly stupid" without elaborating. I just pointed out the irony of his tagline about how tough and physical the Sioux play when the lack of intensity and physical play is the major complaint about our defensemen this year. The fact that the quote came from Clement has nothing to do with anything. The fact that this quote was on JK's tagline struck me as ironic because the Sioux have been anything but physical this year and he basically ripped us (the posters) for pointing this out.

After Friday night's loss, there were multiple posts including mine that expressed unhappiness with the state of Sioux hockey - you can read them on this thread. JK, basically called all of these posts "incredibly stupid" without elaborating. I just pointed out the irony of his tagline about how tough and physical the Sioux play when the lack of intensity and physical play is the major complaint about our defensemen this year. The fact that the quote came from Clement has nothing to do with anything. The fact that this quote was on JK's tagline struck me as ironic because the Sioux have been anything but physical this year and he basically ripped us (the posters) for pointing this out.

His tagline references a past Sioux performance, therefore it makes no sense to call it out as "out of date".

As for his previous post, his comment without examples is no less relevant than a lot of the stuff people were whining about, IMO. And I think he used the word "most", not "all".